Encore Forums Encore Forums

Knowledgebase  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

Error: Fields Not In Address Book

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Product Forums] >> [Productivity Software] >> [The Print Shop 23.1 and older] >> PS Tech Tips >> Error: Fields Not In Address Book Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Error: Fields Not In Address Book - 12/12/2006 1:24:54 PM   
amy_rn1998

I am a new user to the printshop deluxe version 22 and I'm trying to print address labels. After I have created my project and go to print it, I click on the merge names field and add the following: First name, last name, address 1, city, state and zip. It pops up saying Fields Not In Address Book "Address 1" or any of the Address 2, Address line 1, Address line 2, Secondary address line 1, Secondary address line 2.....etc., that I try to insert is not in the something, something temp address. I have placed all of my addresses in the primary and secondary sections. I also have tried marking the primary and secondary areas in the secondary section where it says to always use this address when printing labels and neither one has worked for me. Can someone please help me?

< Message edited by Brandy redux -- 10/10/2010 5:01:15 PM >
Post #: 1
RE: Error: Fields Not In Address Book - 12/12/2006 3:42:20 PM   
amy_rn1998

The steps that I have taken are as follows:
-click create project
-click labels
-click on avery 8160 address click next
-pick label style and select
-delete the existing made-up address in text box
-Under text tools click insert address merge field
-click on first name, last name, address 1, city, state, zip and click insert
-click on file then print
-In the print box, click on merge names
-Another box comes up with all names and addresses in it, I click Select All, click ok

At this time, a box pops up and says the following:
Fields Not In Address Book
The fill-in fields listed below are used in your project but are not part of the "p$temp"
address book.
(In the field listed below is where it shows, in the white box, Address 1)

Then it goes on to say:
You won't be able to merge print values from your address book in these fields.
You can still type in specific values for these fields, change your project to use the new
address book's fields, or choose another address book which does contain these fields.

I have tried using the address 1, address line 1, and secondary address line 1 fields but it doesn't work.

< Message edited by Brandy redux -- 10/10/2010 5:01:23 PM >
Post #: 2
RE: Error: Fields Not In Address Book - 12/12/2006 11:32:55 PM   
ellengard

quote:

ORIGINAL: amy_rn1998
...a box pops up and says the following:
Fields Not In Address Book
The fill-in fields listed below are used in your project but are not part of the "p$temp" address book.

I was able to duplicate this error when I used a ready-made label template. However, when I started from scratch with a new blank label project, the merge worked perfectly.

Did you perhaps start with a ready-made label project which you then edited? From what happened to me, I can guess that perhaps the ready-made label project somehow corrupts the mail merge.

Luckily, the start from scratch works fine.

< Message edited by Brandy redux -- 10/10/2010 5:01:31 PM >

(in reply to amy_rn1998)
Post #: 3
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Product Forums] >> [Productivity Software] >> [The Print Shop 23.1 and older] >> PS Tech Tips >> Error: Fields Not In Address Book Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Please Note: In order to post a message on the forums, you will need to become an Encore Forum Member. Click on the Register link on the top of this page and follow the instructions to become an Encore Forum Member.

If you are a new member and need help using these forums, please click on the FAQ link at the top of this page.

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4