Encore Forums Encore Forums

Knowledgebase  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

copying all the key info from one years calender to the next

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Product Forums] >> [Productivity Software] >> [PrintMaster 18.1 and older] >> PM General Functionality >> copying all the key info from one years calender to the next Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
copying all the key info from one years calender to the... - 12/24/2006 9:00:44 AM   
jswanson

I have tried a couple of the forum suggestions for copying all of the info I have in the specific cells for my Printmaster17 2006 calender, into a new calender I am making for 2008. But nothing seems to work. Can anyone recommend a simple way for me to do this? I realize that some items will need to be moved a day or two either way once they have been copied to the new calender, but I would hope that I would not need to copy each cell individally.Thanks.
Jon Swanson
Post #: 1
RE: copying all the key info from one years calender to... - 12/24/2006 12:37:14 PM   
Brandy

Have you been changing the calendar from year to year by using the Edit Calendar | Month and Year option in the Edit Menu? If so, there really isn't much you can do to get around moving the info in each specific cell individually. That's pretty much because when you change the Month and Year of a calendar all info (text boxes and graphic images) will remain in exactly the same position on the page while the days for the actual calendar behind the text boxes & graphics will change. The only time info would not have to be moved would be when the position of one or more days of the month doesn't change at all from year to year.

If you haven't been using the Edit Calendar | Month and Year option, you're pretty much going to have to copy every item individually.

< Message edited by Brandy -- 12/24/2006 12:38:26 PM >

For More Help:
Click on the FAQ link at the top of this page
Then, click on the All FAQ's button on the next page

(in reply to jswanson)
Post #: 2
RE: copying all the key info from one years calender to... - 12/25/2006 1:00:42 PM   
jswanson

Thanks so very much Brandy. Your suggestions provided me just what I needed. Of course, now that you helped solve one problem, I'd like to ask 2 more. The first is: I'd like to copy the 2006 calender and make a 2007 calender just as you suggested, but this time I'd like to change from the vertical layout of the calender to a horizontal (landscape) layout. Is there a way to do this, or, do I need to create a whole new calender in the landscape format? Question #2: Usually in the upper left or lower right of each month, I would have room to squeeze in a small calender of the previous and next month. into that space. Is there a way can copy 2 small calenders into these spaces (Which are outside the daily boxes)?

Regards,

Jon Swanson

(in reply to Brandy)
Post #: 3
RE: copying all the key info from one years calender to... - 12/25/2006 1:12:17 PM   
Brandy

Jon,

As far as I can tell, there is no way to change from the vertical layout of the calender to a horizontal (landscape) layout without creating a whole new calender in the landscape format.

And, also as far as I can tell, PrintMaster (at least, my PrintMaster 16) does not offer any option for adding small calendars.

For More Help:

(in reply to jswanson)
Post #: 4
RE: copying all the key info from one years calender to... - 12/25/2006 2:28:59 PM   
DEJenc3

I'll jump in here to suggest that you might want to consider buying Calendar Creator, since you are looking for some features that it could accommodate. Since I don't use PrintMaster, I'll certainly defer to Brandy and ellengard for their recommendations. There are often deals on Calendar Creator (last week CompUSA had a new version free after rebates), and you're probably fine with any version back to 10. Just a thought.

David

(in reply to Brandy)
Post #: 5
RE: copying all the key info from one years calender to... - 12/25/2006 4:48:39 PM   
Brandy

Great Idea David,

I had considered recommending Calendar Creator myself, but just never quite got around to it.

Calendar Creator definitely does offer many, many more customizable options than the calendar program in PrintMaster (or, even, the calendar program in the Print Shop, for that matter). The only real downside is that the Calendar Creator learning curve is pretty steep in some areas. But, with the built-in Repeat Rule option (to allow events to repeat from year to year, week to week, month to month, or whatever you like), and the ability to import events from one calendar project to another without having to do any copying or pasting of events, Calendar Creator does offer a lot of time-saving features. Some features aren't as user-configurable as we might like; but, overall, Calendar Creator is a VERY handy calendar program.

The Express version of Calendar Creator, which is bundled with the Deluxe and Pro Publisher versions of Print Shop, works quite well; but, doesn't offer all of the same features as the stand-alone version.

For More Help:

(in reply to DEJenc3)
Post #: 6
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Product Forums] >> [Productivity Software] >> [PrintMaster 18.1 and older] >> PM General Functionality >> copying all the key info from one years calender to the next Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Please Note: In order to post a message on the forums, you will need to become an Encore Forum Member. Click on the Register link on the top of this page and follow the instructions to become an Encore Forum Member.

If you are a new member and need help using these forums, please click on the FAQ link at the top of this page.

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4