Encore Forums Encore Forums

Knowledgebase  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

dashed lines

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Product Forums] >> [Productivity Software] >> [The Print Shop 23.1 and older] >> PS General functionality >> dashed lines Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
dashed lines - 10/4/2007 11:06:56 PM   
TWM

I see how to make a box that's an outline -- but when you do that, the dotted or dashed line option isn't allowed.

Any ideas?

Thanks.

-- TW

< Message edited by lindarobin -- 8/14/2010 11:54:53 PM >
Post #: 1
RE: How can I get a box with dashed lines (coupon)? - 10/5/2007 12:50:35 AM   
Brandy redux

Hi TW,

There is a way to create a dashed-line box with Print Shop's Advanced Drawing utility.

Select Drawing Tools in the left toolbar, then select Advanced Drawing.

When Advanced Drawing opens, click on the box in the left toolbar, then click on the desired dashed line in the bottom toolbar.

Click and drag to draw a box, then select 'Return to the Print Shop' in the File menu.

The box with the dashed lines should be placed on the open Print Shop project.

You will see that the grab handles for the dashed-line box are much larger than the actual dashed-line box. But, you should be able to resize and move the dashed-line box in any manner that you like.

< Message edited by Brandy redux -- 10/5/2007 12:54:42 AM >

For More Help:
Click on the FAQ link at the top of this page
Then, click on the All FAQ's button on the next page

To contact me by email, please send your message to pine_97@yahoo.com
Post #: 2
RE: How can I get a box with dashed lines (coupon)? - 10/5/2007 7:21:18 AM   
TWM

Thanks Brandy -- that worked well --

Another question...

Is there any way to get the line of the dashed box to be thicker? I tried different ways, nothing worked.

-- TW

(in reply to Brandy redux)
Post #: 3
RE: How can I get a box with dashed lines (coupon)? - 10/5/2007 10:09:22 AM   
lindarobin

quote:

ORIGINAL: Brandy redux
...When Advanced Drawing opens, click on the box in the left toolbar, then click on the desired dashed line in the bottom toolbar.

In Advanced Drawing, I could make the dashes longer, but not thicker. What am I missing? Making thick dashed lines works great using the line drawing tool in the regular PrintShop.

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by lindarobin -- 8/14/2010 11:55:23 PM >

Post #: 4
RE: How can I get a box with dashed lines (coupon)? - 10/5/2007 1:06:16 PM   
Brandy redux

As to making dashes thicker in Advanced Drawing, there is actually an option for doing that (drawing the box then clicking on the up arrow next to the box with the 1 - to the right of the dashed line selection). But, I experienced major problems when I tried that. When I selected 'Return to the Print Shop' in the File menu (after clicking on that up arrow), I wasn't returned to Print Shop. Instead, all that happened was that I heard a ding sound. So, I tried it again, and got the ding sound again. I didn't realize what was going on until I tried to close Advanced Drawing and Print Shop. Turned out there was a message displayed BEHIND both Advanced Drawing and Print Shop which said something about the dashed line becoming a solid line if I saved the drawing as a WMF, and did I want to save it as EMF to retain the dashed lines. When I closed everything and tried again, I got the ding again. But, I could not get to the message to select an option until I closed both Advanced Drawing and Print Shop. So, I closed everything and tried again. But, this time, I selected Save As in the File menu (instead of 'Return to the Print Shop'), got the same message, then saved the box as an EMF. But, then I discovered that Print Shop won't open EMF files. And, when I tried to open the EMF in another program then Copy/Paste to Print Shop, the box had solid lines. And, when I tried copying from Advanced Drawing and pasting to Print Shop, I got the solid lines again.

< Message edited by lindarobin -- 8/14/2010 11:57:06 PM >

For More Help:
Click on the FAQ link at the top of this page
Then, click on the All FAQ's button on the next page

To contact me by email, please send your message to pine_97@yahoo.com

(in reply to lindarobin)
Post #: 5
RE: How can I get a box with dashed lines (coupon)? - 10/5/2007 9:16:11 PM   
lindarobin

quote:

ORIGINAL: Brandy redux
...saved the box as an EMF. But, then I discovered that Print Shop won't open EMF files. And, when I tried to open the EMF in another program then Copy/Paste to Print Shop, the box had solid lines. And, when I tried copying from Advanced Drawing and pasting to Print Shop, I got the solid lines again.

I got the same disappointing results. So we've discovered another file format that is not supported in PrintShop: EMF as well as PNG with transparent areas.

Post #: 6
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Product Forums] >> [Productivity Software] >> [The Print Shop 23.1 and older] >> PS General functionality >> dashed lines Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Please Note: In order to post a message on the forums, you will need to become an Encore Forum Member. Click on the Register link on the top of this page and follow the instructions to become an Encore Forum Member.

If you are a new member and need help using these forums, please click on the FAQ link at the top of this page.

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4