Encore Forums Encore Forums

Knowledgebase  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

Can't Install - drive spins for a couple of seconds and then nothing

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Product Forums] >> [Productivity Software] >> [The Print Shop 23.1 and older] >> PS General functionality >> Can't Install - drive spins for a couple of seconds and then nothing Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Can't Install - drive spins for a couple of seconds and... - 2/17/2008 11:38:39 AM   
Derschaun

I just received software from Amazon yesterday and it won't install. I viewed previous messages and nothing seems to work. Can someone please assist with installing Pro Publisher 22 on a Dell PC with Windows XP operating system.

< Message edited by Brandy redux -- 8/31/2008 2:28:23 PM >
Post #: 1
RE: Can't Install - drive spins for a couple of seconds... - 2/17/2008 12:29:23 PM   
Brandy redux

Hi Derschaun,

Have you tried the 'clean' install, EXACTLY as described in this FAQ

'Clean' Install on Win98/Me/XP/2000/Vista/Win7

If you have, and if the Print Shop Pro Publisher 22 will not install, please post back and provide as much detailed information as possible about what goes wrong when you try to install the program. And, if you receive any error messages, please post back here with a complete (word-for-word) text of those error messages.

< Message edited by Brandy redux -- 1/3/2010 10:25:29 PM >

For More Help:
Click on the FAQ link at the top of this page
Then, click on the All FAQ's button on the next page

To contact me by email, please send your message to pine_97@yahoo.com

(in reply to Derschaun)
Post #: 2
RE: Can't Install - drive spins for a couple of seconds... - 2/20/2008 10:28:10 PM   
Derschaun

I performed the clean install and still nothing. When I insert the CD, it spins for a couple of seconds and then nothing. It acts as though it wants to read the CD, but it doesn't. I installed another CD last night that came with my digital recorder and it installed just fine. I need serious help with this one please.

< Message edited by Brandy redux -- 8/31/2008 2:28:42 PM >

(in reply to Brandy redux)
Post #: 3
RE: Can't Install - drive spins for a couple of seconds... - 2/20/2008 10:58:25 PM   
Brandy redux

Hi Derschaun,

It sounds to me like you might be trying to install a DVD version of Pro Publisher 22 while using a CD drive. And, if I am correct, that's not going to work - because CD drives cannot read DVDs.

So, the first thing you'll want to do is to look on the Pro Publisher 22 disk to see if it says DVD anywhere on the label. If it does, check the drive you're putting the disk into. If you find that it is a CD drive, you're not going to be able to install the program.

< Message edited by Brandy redux -- 8/31/2008 2:28:54 PM >

For More Help:
Click on the FAQ link at the top of this page
Then, click on the All FAQ's button on the next page

To contact me by email, please send your message to pine_97@yahoo.com

(in reply to Derschaun)
Post #: 4
RE: Can't Install - drive spins for a couple of seconds... - 2/21/2008 10:30:43 AM   
Derschaun

It does say PC DVD-Rom,. What does that mean?? I thought it was the basic CD's??? I guess I need to return and request CD version.

Thanks for your help :)

< Message edited by Brandy redux -- 8/31/2008 2:29:03 PM >

(in reply to Brandy redux)
Post #: 5
RE: Can't Install - drive spins for a couple of seconds... - 2/21/2008 10:51:50 AM   
lindarobin

ProPublisher 22 lists DVD-ROM drive in its minimum requirements, so there isn't a CD version. I think Deluxe 22 comes in a CD version, but you have to check the min. requirements to be sure that's what you're buying.

I bought a DVD drive for my computer so I could install new programs that are only available on DVD.

< Message edited by Brandy redux -- 8/31/2008 2:29:20 PM >

(in reply to Derschaun)
Post #: 6
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Product Forums] >> [Productivity Software] >> [The Print Shop 23.1 and older] >> PS General functionality >> Can't Install - drive spins for a couple of seconds and then nothing Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Please Note: In order to post a message on the forums, you will need to become an Encore Forum Member. Click on the Register link on the top of this page and follow the instructions to become an Encore Forum Member.

If you are a new member and need help using these forums, please click on the FAQ link at the top of this page.

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4