Encore Forums Encore Forums

Knowledgebase  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

Adding HTML for ads and page centering

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Product Forums] >> [Productivity Software] >> [The Print Shop 23.1 and older] >> PS Web Pages >> Adding HTML for ads and page centering Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Adding HTML for ads and page centering - 4/3/2008 9:51:48 AM   
SlvrNBlk

I am using the print shop to build my website. I want to add Google AdSense to my page, but it has to be inserted into the page as html. Does anyone know how to do this?

< Message edited by lindarobin -- 5/4/2008 8:46:02 PM >
Post #: 1
RE: Adding HTML to page - 4/3/2008 2:05:17 PM   
lindarobin

Additional HTML code is inserted into the HTML file using NotePad. It cannot be inserted into the Print Shop project. So after you've published to folder and created your files, I'll show you how open the appropriate file and insert your extra code.

(in reply to SlvrNBlk)
Post #: 2
RE: Adding HTML to page - 4/6/2008 4:44:08 PM   
lindarobin

Let's get started. First, make sure that you reserved some space at the top (or side) of your homepage for the ad banner, otherwise your web elements may overlap it.

Open your index.html file with NotePad. It should look similar to this:

Follow the directions in red. Copy/paste the block of HTML code after the beginning BODY tag. Save, close and upload this file. If you want the ads on all your web pages, you will need to edit all your HTML files like this.

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by lindarobin -- 4/6/2008 8:37:14 PM >
Post #: 3
RE: Adding HTML to page - 4/13/2008 8:10:03 PM   
SlvrNBlk

Thank you so much for your help. I was able to get the ads put into my site. Now here is my current problem. The google ads automatically center on a page, my pages don't. All my text is to the left of the screen. I set it up to where on a square screen it is close to center, but on a widescreen it is pushed all the way to the left. Is there a way to fix that?

(in reply to lindarobin)
Post #: 4
RE: Adding HTML to page - 4/13/2008 8:49:34 PM   
lindarobin

quote:

ORIGINAL: SlvrNBlk
...All my text is to the left of the screen. I set it up to where on a square screen it is close to center, but on a widescreen it is pushed all the way to the left. Is there a way to fix that?

To understand why this is, please click my tips link below and read the article about making web pages in Print Shop. In there, is one solution for making things look centered on a larger screen.

Another option is to add 4 extra lines of code to every HTML page, that will center things for all screen sizes. You will have to remember to add these extra lines every time you edit your web project and republish your pages (as you do with the Google ad banner).

Do you want this code?

(in reply to SlvrNBlk)
Post #: 5
RE: Adding HTML to page - 4/14/2008 8:15:38 AM   
SlvrNBlk

yes please. thank you.

(in reply to lindarobin)
Post #: 6
RE: Adding HTML to page - 4/14/2008 10:02:22 AM   
lindarobin

This is the centering code. It "surrounds" the code you already have. Your code goes in between the DIV and the /DIV tags.

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by lindarobin -- 4/14/2008 10:06:06 AM >

(in reply to SlvrNBlk)
Post #: 7
RE: Adding HTML to page - 4/14/2008 10:13:06 AM   
SlvrNBlk

Do I have to take out any code? Also, I don't have anything that says <BODY>. This is what I have,

<BODY BGCOLOR="#000000" LINK="#0000EE" VLINK="#551A8B" ALINK="#FF0000" BACKGROUND="img00000.jpg">
<SPAN STYLE="position:absolute; left:46px; top:255px; width:811px; font-family:Tahoma; font-weight:normal; text-align:center; font-size:24px; color:#A0A0A4;">
<SPAN STYLE="font-family:Tahoma; font-weight:normal; text-align:center; font-size:24px; color:#A0A0A4;">
<A HREF="index.html">

Is this where I should change it, and what exactly should I do?

Thanx again.

(in reply to lindarobin)
Post #: 8
RE: Adding HTML to page - 4/14/2008 10:48:01 AM   
lindarobin

This is the first part you do. Add the end DIV and end CENTER tags just before the end BODY tag.

(It is very easy to make a mistake when you don't know any basic HTML, so if you are going to continue tweaking the code, check out one of the numerous free HTML tutorial sites on the internet.)

Attachment (1)

(in reply to SlvrNBlk)
Post #: 9
RE: Adding HTML to page - 4/14/2008 2:03:00 PM   
SlvrNBlk

Thank you for all your help, I have it figured out now.

(in reply to lindarobin)
Post #: 10
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Product Forums] >> [Productivity Software] >> [The Print Shop 23.1 and older] >> PS Web Pages >> Adding HTML for ads and page centering Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Please Note: In order to post a message on the forums, you will need to become an Encore Forum Member. Click on the Register link on the top of this page and follow the instructions to become an Encore Forum Member.

If you are a new member and need help using these forums, please click on the FAQ link at the top of this page.

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4