Encore Forums Encore Forums

Knowledgebase  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

Borderless PDF

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Product Forums] >> [Productivity Software] >> [The Print Shop 23.1 and older] >> PS Export/Import >> Borderless PDF Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Borderless PDF - 12/3/2008 1:38:44 PM   
TM

I am trying to make and save a project that is borderless. I am unable to change the dashed margins due to my printer, but would like to save it to a pdf without the borders to put on cd and take to be printed. How can I solve this. The pdf always saves up to the dashed border, and cutting off the rest of the pictures I have extended past them. Is there a way to solve this?

< Message edited by Brandy redux -- 12/4/2008 11:46:53 AM >
Post #: 1
RE: saving borderless - 12/3/2008 8:10:02 PM   
lindarobin

Go into your print set up and change the printer to PDF. Then select any options in the PDF printer set up that minimizes/eliminates margins.

When you are ready to create your PDF, print to the PDF printer. Do not "SAVE AS".

(in reply to TM)
Post #: 2
RE: saving borderless - 12/3/2008 8:33:36 PM   
lindarobin

quote:

ORIGINAL: TM
...would like to save it to a pdf without the borders to put on cd and take to be printed.

Some professional printers can't print borderless, so you may want to phone ahead and ask.

(in reply to TM)
Post #: 3
RE: saving borderless - 12/3/2008 8:39:14 PM   
Brandy redux

Hi TM,

If you select the Broderbund PDF Converter in File | Printing | Print Setup, you will see that there is no option for minimizing/eliminating the margins - at least, I don't see one in my Broderbund PDF Converter 2.10d. And, after selecting the Broderbund PDF Converter then clicking on OK, you will see that the project will, initially, have borders on all 4 sides of the paper. But, after you either Save As PDF or Print to PDF, the borders should disappear. And, there should be no borders in the *.pdf file.

But, if you download and install the free CutePDF Writer from here - - CutePDF Writer

then select that PDF driver in File | Printing | Print Setup, you will see that the project will never have any borders.

< Message edited by Brandy redux -- 10/10/2010 5:22:47 PM >

For More Help:
Click on the FAQ link at the top of this page
Then, click on the All FAQ's button on the next page

To contact me by email, please send your message to pine_97@yahoo.com

(in reply to lindarobin)
Post #: 4
RE: saving borderless - 12/4/2008 1:19:12 AM   
lindarobin

You can also save your project as a high res JPG and simply ask the printer to enlarge it to fill the page without any white border. It's important to allow for a little cropping of the edges in this scenario - i.e. no text at the very edge in case it gets cropped off.

Be aware that a "borderless" PDF is meaningless if the printer does not have borderless capability. The best that can be done in that situation is to "print to printable area". That's what we have to do at my store where we use a $65,000 Xerox DC50 Color Laser printer.

Generally speaking, in the professional printing business, borderless printing is a myth. The design requires "gutters" which are surrounding horizontal and vertical gaps. The final print is cut to size, trimming off the edges for the full bleed look.

For example, here are VistaPrint specs for flyer designs:

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by lindarobin -- 12/4/2008 1:48:20 AM >

(in reply to TM)
Post #: 5
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Product Forums] >> [Productivity Software] >> [The Print Shop 23.1 and older] >> PS Export/Import >> Borderless PDF Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Please Note: In order to post a message on the forums, you will need to become an Encore Forum Member. Click on the Register link on the top of this page and follow the instructions to become an Encore Forum Member.

If you are a new member and need help using these forums, please click on the FAQ link at the top of this page.

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4