Encore Forums Encore Forums

Knowledgebase  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

Alphabetical Order of events

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Product Forums] >> [Productivity Software] >> [Calendar Creator] >> CC General Functionality >> Alphabetical Order of events Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Alphabetical Order of events - 1/22/2009 8:07:20 AM   
BethanyChurch

I've been trying for 2 weeks to get an answer to my question.
Help me! I am using calendar creator 8.0, I put events onto the day
blocks in order of the time of day that the events happen. No matter what
I try, no matter how I word them, they always print in alphabetical order instead!
How do I find a setting to change that, to allow me to print events in any
order that I wish them to appear on the calendar when I print it out?????
Please help me!

< Message edited by Brandy redux -- 4/5/2011 11:47:49 AM >
Post #: 1
RE: Alphabetical Order of events - 1/22/2009 11:18:21 AM   
Brandy redux

Hi Bethany Church,

The order in which the events are displayed is determined by the selected sort order - not by the order in which the events are entered. So, to make sure that the events are displayed in alphabetical order, you must do this:

1. Right click on an empty day cell.

2. Select 'Properties' in the menu that drops down.

3. When the Layout Object Properties window opens, click on the Miscellaneous tab.

4. Click on the down arrow next to 'Sort Events by'.

5. When the menu drops down, select one of the 'By Priority' options.

6. If the events still do not display in proper alphabetical order, you will need to assign a priority to each event.

For More Help:
Click on the FAQ link at the top of this page
Then, click on the All FAQ's button on the next page

To contact me by email, please send your message to pine_97@yahoo.com

(in reply to BethanyChurch)
Post #: 2
RE: Alphabetical Order of events - 5/27/2009 11:06:07 AM   
Itasca 10

I am using Calendar Creator 10. I have a similar problem...yet different. Please HELP! The "alphabet" nor "date" priorities do not work for me. Example: a X-Country Meet comes before the Book Fair at the end of the day, and some events begin with a grade level (5th Grade Beginning Band) etc., I cannot get the program to allow it to stay as I type in the data. I have also tried assigning a "priority number (1-99)" to the event once I typed it in - but again, the program overrides my prompt. Our administration prefers that "time of the event" to be listed following the event title. Alaphabetical order does will not apply for my circumstance, but neither does the time order. Can you help with my dilema?! Please and thank you.

(in reply to Brandy redux)
Post #: 3
RE: Alphabetical Order of events - 5/27/2009 11:30:10 AM   
Brandy redux

Hi Itasca 10,

If you follow all of the directions that I posted in my message above (select one of the 'By Priority' options and assign a priority to each event), you should have no problem arranging the events to suit your needs. However, if one 'By Priority' option does not work for you - Priority (Up) - you might need to select the other option - By Priority (Down).

If this information does not help to solve your problem, please post back here and tell me the EXACT text of each of the events that you are trying to arrange in the day cell. And, please also tell me the EXACT order in which you want those events to display on the calendar. I will then place those events in my calendar to see if I can figure out how to force them to display in the desired order.

For More Help:

(in reply to Itasca 10)
Post #: 4
RE: Alphabetical Order of events - 5/27/2009 11:52:16 AM   
Itasca 10

Hi Brandy, Thank you for your quick response. I tried the priorities "up" and "down" to no avail. Here is an example of the exact text in the exact order of events:

Kindergarten Prep Registration 8:00 a.m. @ Benson
Boys BB @ Home
K-5 Principal's Advisory Committee Mtg. 6:00 p.m. @ Franzen
IEPTO Mtg. 7:30 p.m. @ Franzen
Report Cards Distributed

Thank you.

Post #: 5
RE: Alphabetical Order of events - 5/27/2009 12:20:19 PM   
Brandy redux

Hi Itasca 10,

When I tested your events, I discovered that the events did not stay in the proper sort order after the file was saved and re-opened.

But, I discovered another problem. I was not able to force all of those events to display in one day cell - because there is simply too much text for separate events. So, several of the events went into Overflow. But, when I pasted all of the events into the text box for one single event, everything displayed in the desired order. And, all events displayed in the same day cell (for a 'Week on 2 pages' calendar layout).

If you are able to enter all of that text into one day cell so that all events are displayed, I will need to know exactly which calendar layout you are using (i.e. Month, Week Planner, Yearly Planner, etc.)

For More Help:

(in reply to Itasca 10)
Post #: 6
RE: Alphabetical Order of events - 5/27/2009 5:04:05 PM   
Brandy redux

Hi again Itasca 10,

After I thought about this problem for a while, I decided that it might have something to do with the fact that I have my Calendar Creator 12 program installed on Vista. And, since Calendar Creator was not designed to run on Vista, Calendar Creator is not completely compatible with Vista.

But, with a little work, I was able to figure out how to display all of the events by Priority. The problem is that the first time the selections are made on the Miscellaneous tab of the Layout Object Properties window, they will either immediately revert back to the default settings or they will revert back to the default settings when the file is saved.

So, I had to follow the steps above to make the selections on the Miscellaneous tab of the Layout Object Properties window. Then, after selecting OK to return to the desktop, I had to repeat the process. And, on one occasion, I had to repeat the process after the calendar file was saved and then opened again.

But, these are the settings on the Miscellaneous tab of the Layout Object Properties window that seem to work for me.

1. Make sure that there is no check mark next to 'Show Start Time' and 'Show End Time'.

2. Make sure there is a check mark next to 'Fit Event Cell size to description'.

3. Set 'Show timed events' to 'Before untimed events'.

4. Set 'Sort events by' and select 'By Priority (Down).

And, the best part of this process was that all of the events displayed in one day cell (on a 'Week on 2 pages' calendar layout) without any overflow.

For More Help:

Post #: 7
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Product Forums] >> [Productivity Software] >> [Calendar Creator] >> CC General Functionality >> Alphabetical Order of events Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Please Note: In order to post a message on the forums, you will need to become an Encore Forum Member. Click on the Register link on the top of this page and follow the instructions to become an Encore Forum Member.

If you are a new member and need help using these forums, please click on the FAQ link at the top of this page.

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4