Encore Forums Encore Forums

Knowledgebase  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

Printing large posters/projects

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Product Forums] >> [Productivity Software] >> The Print Shop 2.0 >> Printing large posters/projects Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Printing large posters/projects - 6/16/2010 4:19:28 AM   
kennjohn

With previous versions of Print Shop we frequently used the feature to print to several pages to make large posters. How do I print to a larger size. For instance 36" x 48". I have searched and searched and cannot find the options to make this happen.
Post #: 1
RE: Printing large posters/projects - 6/16/2010 10:48:47 AM   
ellengard

With the project tab open, under "Project Info", change the Paper Size to New/Edit (to create your new paper size) or select one of the poster sizes from the list.

When you go to print, your printer will use as many sheets as necessary to print the whole thing.

(in reply to kennjohn)
Post #: 2
RE: Printing large posters/projects - 6/16/2010 1:13:57 PM   
kennjohn

I have tried this and it only prints the top left page. Am I missing something?

(in reply to ellengard)
Post #: 3
RE: Printing large posters/projects - 6/16/2010 9:35:35 PM   
ellengard

quote:

ORIGINAL: kennjohn
... it only prints the top left page.

OK, I am coming up against the same problem except when I do a banner project. So the good news is, start with a banner project, then change the paper size. When you have completed your design, click the Print icon and choose Print Preview. A Paper Size Mismatch dialog box opens, allowing you to select "Print using as many sheets of paper as necessary." Click OK then if the preview looks good, click the Print icon in the Print Preview window.

(in reply to kennjohn)
Post #: 4
RE: Printing large posters/projects - 7/2/2010 9:54:04 AM   
rdbuch1231

No matter which option I chose in the Paper size diolog box , when I use a custom size larger than the size in the template the plotter .HP Design Jet 42 in with 42 in roll, only prints a corner which is one 8.5x11 on the wide sheet. Is my only option to return the product?

(in reply to kennjohn)
Post #: 5
RE: Printing large posters/projects - 7/2/2010 10:05:07 AM   
ellengard

Try what I did - the banner project. If that doesn't work, I don't know what will.

(in reply to rdbuch1231)
Post #: 6
RE: Printing large posters/projects - 7/2/2010 10:40:38 AM   
ellengard

I just thought of a work-around. Design your project in standard letter size and save it as a PDF. Print the PDF from Adobe Reader, but select to print it scaled to the size of paper you are using.

Use legal size project if the proportions are closer to the desired print size.

< Message edited by ellengard -- 7/2/2010 10:44:50 AM >

(in reply to rdbuch1231)
Post #: 7
RE: Printing large posters/projects - 7/18/2010 10:33:04 AM   
Walter62140

Ellengard, your recommendation worked for me. By starting with a blank banner project I was able to print out a custom size of 24"x30" using multiple sheets of 8.5 paper. Many thanks.

(in reply to ellengard)
Post #: 8
RE: Printing large posters/projects - 7/18/2010 1:36:06 PM   
ellengard

Thank you for posting, Walter62140! Getting your verification that this is a workable solution will help others needing poster size printing.

< Message edited by lindarobin -- 7/18/2010 1:37:53 PM >

(in reply to Walter62140)
Post #: 9
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Product Forums] >> [Productivity Software] >> The Print Shop 2.0 >> Printing large posters/projects Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Please Note: In order to post a message on the forums, you will need to become an Encore Forum Member. Click on the Register link on the top of this page and follow the instructions to become an Encore Forum Member.

If you are a new member and need help using these forums, please click on the FAQ link at the top of this page.

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4