Encore Forums Encore Forums

Knowledgebase  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

Error: 'Failed to Create Picture'

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Product Forums] >> [Productivity Software] >> [The Print Shop 23.1 and older] >> PS Tech Tips >> Error: 'Failed to Create Picture' Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Error: 'Failed to Create Picture' - 7/28/2010 12:42:37 AM   
Brandy redux

The "Failed to Create Picture" issue typically occurs when the image has been moved or deleted from the location specified in the Art Gallery. Rebuilding the Art Gallery index files will generally resolve this issue. View the remainder of this note for the procedure.

Windows® Vista & Windows 7

1. Close all programs and return to the desktop.

2. Click 'Start', type %HOMEPATH% into the 'Start Search' box, then click 'OK'.

3. Click on 'Organize' in the menubar in the upper left-hand corner of the screen.

4. Select 'Folder and Search Options'.

5. Select the 'View' tab.

6. Locate the 'Hidden Files and Folders' section and ensure that there is a check mark in the circle next to 'Show Hidden Files And Folders'.

7. Click 'OK' to accept the change.

8. Double-click the 'AppData' folder

9. Double-click the 'Local' folder

10. Double-click the 'Broderbund Software' folder

11. Double-click the 'Print' folder

12. Double-click the folder for the program which generated the "Failed to Create Picture" error message (i.e PrintMaster, Print Shop, Calendar Creator, etc.)

13. Double-click the folder corresponding to the version of the program which is installed on the computer (ie: 12.0, 17.0, 18.0, 22.0, 23.0, etc.).

14. Press and hold the CTRL key and click the Art folder, the Projects folder, and the USER.INI file to select these items.

15. Release the CTRL key. The items will remain highlighted.

16. Press the DELETE key on the keyboard to delete the selected items.

17. Click Yes if prompted to move any files to the Recycle Bin.

18. Close all open windows and restart the computer.

19. Launch and use the program.

20. To prevent a reoccurrence of this issue, it is advisable to update your video drivers, as is described in this FAQ

Updating Video Card Driver: 2000/XP/Vista/7/Mac OS X 10.4.0 and later

Windows® XP/2000

1. Close all open windows and programs to return to the desktop.

2. Select 'Start' then select 'Run'.

3. Type %HOMEPATH% into the Open field then click 'OK'.

4. Click 'Tools' in the menubar then choose 'Folder Options' in the window that appears.

5. Select the 'View' tab in the window that opens.

6. Locate the 'Hidden Files And Folders' setting and ensure that there is a check mark next to 'Show Hidden Files And Folders'.

7. Click 'OK' to accept the change.

8. Double-click the 'Local Settings' folder.

9. Double-click the 'Application Data' folder.

10. Double-click the 'Broderbund Software' folder.

11. Double-click the 'Print' folder.

12. Double-click the folder for the program which generated the "Failed to Create Picture" error message (i.e PrintMaster, Print Shop, Calendar Creator, etc.)

13. Double-click the folder corresponding to the version of the program which is installed on the computer (ie: 12.0, 17.0, 18.0, 22.0, 23.0, etc.).

14. Press and hold the CTRL key and click the Art folder, the Projects folder, and the USER.INI file to select these items.

15. Release the CTRL key. The items will remain highlighted.

16. Press the DELETE key on the keyboard to delete the selected items.

17. Click Yes if prompted to move any files to the Recycle Bin.

18. Close all open windows and restart the computer.

19. Launch and use the program.

20. To prevent a reoccurrence of this issue, it is advisable to update your video drivers, as is described in this FAQ

Windows® 98/Me

1. Close all programs and return to the desktop.

2. Click Start, select Search (or Find) and click For Files or Folders. The Search (or Find) window will open.

3. Type USERART*.*; USERPROJ*.* in the Named: field. Verify that a semi-colon ( ; ) is used between the file names that are typed in the Named: field.

4. Confirm that the Look in: option is set to the drive where the program is installed.

5. Click Search Now (or Find Now) to begin the search. When the search is complete, the results will appear in the right (or bottom) pane of the Search (or Find) window. Many files should appear.

NOTE: If a Find Files window appears with the message "The filename is invalid. Type a valid filename.", click OK, return to Step 3 and verify that the correct information—including punctuation—is typed into the Named: field.

6. When the search is complete, click View in the menu bar, choose Arrange Icons, and click by Type.

7. Click Edit and choose Select All. All files should be highlighted.

8. Press and hold the CTRL key on the keyboard and click all Userart.def and Userproj.def files that are present in the window.

9. Release the CTRL key. All files except the Userart.def and Userproj.def files should be highlighted.

10. Verify that files showing the .def extension are not selected. If a .def file is selected, repeat Steps 7 and 8 to deselect that file.

NOTE: Do not delete any file showing the .def extension.

11. With all files selected except the Userart.def and Userproj.def files, tap the DELETE key on the keyboard.

12. Click Yes when asked to send the files to the Recycle Bin.

13. Close the Search (or Find) window.

14. Restart the computer.

15. Launch the program and click Yes when prompted to add the artwork or projects to Your Own galleries.

16. To prevent a reoccurrence of this issue, it is advisable to update your video drivers, as is described in this FAQ

NOTE: When you restart the program after deleting the Art Gallery index files, you will receive a message asking you if you want to import your images into the Art Gallery (provided, of course, the graphic image files are stored in the default location for the program - which is either the My Documents folder or a subfolder of the My Documents folder). When you say YES, all images will be imported. But, if you haven't already done so, it might also be a good idea to back up your own graphic images to a Zip disk, CD or other removable media; because if you ever suffered a hard drive failure, you could lose those graphic images for good.

And, you will want to keep in mind that if you want to avoid the possibility of experiencing the 'Failed to Create Picture' problem again, you will want to make sure that you do not move or delete your images from the location where the program expects to find them.

< Message edited by Brandy redux -- 8/13/2010 1:03:34 PM >

For More Help:
Click on the FAQ link at the top of this page
Then, click on the All FAQ's button on the next page

To contact me by email, please send your message to pine_97@yahoo.com
Post #: 1
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Product Forums] >> [Productivity Software] >> [The Print Shop 23.1 and older] >> PS Tech Tips >> Error: 'Failed to Create Picture' Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Please Note: In order to post a message on the forums, you will need to become an Encore Forum Member. Click on the Register link on the top of this page and follow the instructions to become an Encore Forum Member.

If you are a new member and need help using these forums, please click on the FAQ link at the top of this page.

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4