Encore Forums Encore Forums

Knowledgebase  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

Why can't I email a project?

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Product Forums] >> [Productivity Software] >> [PrintMaster 18.1 and older] >> PM General Functionality >> Why can't I email a project? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Why can't I email a project? - 6/2/2011 12:23:23 AM   
aaaha111

I have Printmaster 15

When I want to email project I get message:
'Send Mail failed to send message.'

Why can't I email project?

Thanks

< Message edited by Brandy redux -- 6/6/2011 4:34:13 PM >
Post #: 1
RE: Why can't I email a project? - 6/2/2011 2:22:31 AM   
Brandy redux

Hi aaaha111,

It is very important to keep in mind that the only option in PM 15 which will allow you to email a project will attach that project as a PrintMaster file which can only be opened in another PrintMaster 18.1 or earlier program. So, the recipient of the project must also have PrintMaster installed on their computer.

NOTE: Since you originally posted this PM 15 question in the PM 2/PM 2011 Export/Import forum, I feel I should mention that files which are created with PM 15 cannot be opened in either PM 2.0 or PM 2011 - because PM 2.0 & PM 2011 are not true updates of the earlier versions of PrintMaster.

And, it is also very important to keep in mind that many email programs will refuse to allow PrintMaster projects to be attached to email. For example, when I click on 'Finish Project' in my PrintMaster 15 then select 'Email project as attachment', an Outlook email message opens. However, that email message contains a statement which says this:

"This message has not been sent. Outlook blocked access to the following potentially unsafe attachments: PM 15 email attachment test.cer (I was attempting to attach a PM 15 certificate)."

And, when I closed PM 15, opened Outlook and tried to manually attach the same 'PM 15 email attachment test.cer" project file, I received another message which advised me that the attachment was potentially unsafe.

And, even if you were able to successfully attach and send a PM 15 project file, the recipient of that project file might be using an email program which would block the attachment.

So, if your desire is to send a PM 15 project file to a recipient who also has PrintMaster 18.1 or earlier installed on their computer, you might want to either 1) rename the file to change the file extension to something like *.sav. then instruct the recipient to change the extension back to the original extension after the attachment is downloaded to their computer or 2) zip the project file then instruct the recipient to unzip the file after downloading it to their computer.

If your desire is to send a PM 15 project to a recipient who does not also have PrintMaster 18.1 or earlier installed on their computer, the easiest solution would probably be to use either 1) the SAVE AS PDF option (to save the project as a PDF file which can be opened and read in Adobe Reader) or 2) the EXPORT AS option (which will allow you to export the project as a graphic image). However, if your project is more than one page, the SAVE AS PDF option might be the best choice - because the EXPORT AS option will export only one page at a time.

On the other hand, if you are using a 64-bit version of Vista or Windows 7, the SAVE AS PDF option might not work - because the SAVE AS PDF option for the older versions of PrintMaster are not compatible with 64-bit Operating Systems. So, in that case, you might want to install an alternate PDF driver then 'Print to PDF' - as is described in this pinned item

http://forums.encoreusa.com/tm.asp?m=40320&mpage=1&key=

< Message edited by Brandy redux -- 6/6/2011 4:34:46 PM >

For More Help:
Click on the FAQ link at the top of this page
Then, click on the All FAQ's button on the next page

To contact me by email, please send your message to pine_97@yahoo.com

(in reply to aaaha111)
Post #: 2
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Product Forums] >> [Productivity Software] >> [PrintMaster 18.1 and older] >> PM General Functionality >> Why can't I email a project? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Please Note: In order to post a message on the forums, you will need to become an Encore Forum Member. Click on the Register link on the top of this page and follow the instructions to become an Encore Forum Member.

If you are a new member and need help using these forums, please click on the FAQ link at the top of this page.

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4