Encore Forums Encore Forums

Knowledgebase  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

Line spacing gets corrupted when using linked text boxes

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Product Forums] >> [Productivity Software] >> The Print Shop 2.0 >> Line spacing gets corrupted when using linked text boxes Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Line spacing gets corrupted when using linked text boxes - 9/16/2011 3:57:32 PM   
selamat

I have two problems with printshop 2.0. First I am trying to print a brochure but the top two lines on each page keep printing with less space between the lines (skrunched together) the the other line below. How do I solve this?

Also how do I print double sided on my Canon MG8120B printer without getting the second side to come out upside down and backwards?

Thank you,
Steve Krimml
P.S. I am using windows XP (64 bit) and office 10

< Message edited by Brandy redux -- 11/17/2011 6:30:43 PM >
Post #: 1
RE: Line spacing gets corrupted when using linked text ... - 9/16/2011 5:50:31 PM   
ellengard

Try saving your brochure as PDF. Print the PDF from Adobe Reader. If it still comes out upside down, you need to reconfigure your Canon settings for double-sided printing.

OR, turn off duplexing and feed the paper back in manually, turning it so upside down becomes right-side up.

< Message edited by Brandy redux -- 11/17/2011 6:30:52 PM >

(in reply to selamat)
Post #: 2
RE: Line spacing gets corrupted when using linked text ... - 9/16/2011 5:56:32 PM   
ellengard

quote:

ORIGINAL: selamat
...the top two lines on each page keep printing with less space between the lines (skrunched together) the the other line below. How do I solve this?

This could be caused by your printer's feeding mechanism (the roller that pulls the paper through) not operating correctly. Make sure the printer settings match the paper stock you are using. i.e. if using heavy stock, your printer setting must be set to heavy.

Print something else from another application. If lines are getting scrunched together in this test, your printer needs maintenance.

< Message edited by Brandy redux -- 11/17/2011 6:31:01 PM >

(in reply to selamat)
Post #: 3
RE: Line spacing gets corrupted when using linked text ... - 9/24/2011 1:10:21 PM   
selamat

Thank you Ellengard for your response,

The first part about printing is helpful. However in terms of the skrunched lines, it is not the printer because the skrunching appear on the brochure in Printshop in all modes including edit mode, text box mode, and print preview mode. Could it be because I have set the printing to flow, when copied, from one frame to the next??? Do you have any further suggestions?

Thanks,
Selamat

< Message edited by Brandy redux -- 11/17/2011 6:31:10 PM >

(in reply to ellengard)
Post #: 4
RE: Line spacing gets corrupted when using linked text ... - 9/24/2011 2:49:16 PM   
ellengard

quote:

ORIGINAL: selamat
...I have set the printing to flow, when copied, from one frame to the next...

It appears there is a bug: Line spacing gets corrupted when using linked text boxes.

The only way I was able to "fix" the offending line was to use non-linking text boxes. I copied a section of text into a text box, then I copied the next section of text into a non-linked text box.

I know. This totally defeats the purpose of having the ability of text flowing into multiple text boxes!

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by Brandy redux -- 11/17/2011 6:31:19 PM >

(in reply to selamat)
Post #: 5
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Product Forums] >> [Productivity Software] >> The Print Shop 2.0 >> Line spacing gets corrupted when using linked text boxes Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Please Note: In order to post a message on the forums, you will need to become an Encore Forum Member. Click on the Register link on the top of this page and follow the instructions to become an Encore Forum Member.

If you are a new member and need help using these forums, please click on the FAQ link at the top of this page.

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4