Encore Forums Encore Forums

Knowledgebase  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

printshop 3.0 text, write in a circle

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Product Forums] >> [Productivity Software] >> The Print Shop 3.0 >> printshop 3.0 text, write in a circle Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
printshop 3.0 text, write in a circle - 9/30/2011 1:36:00 PM   
kissmyfranny

I'm a dinosaur and have been using printshop 11 for several years. Husband's computer died which is the one I used for printshop 11. I have windows vista, so bought new and improved (hmmm...really? not so sure) printshop 3.0

I mainly used it to print round jam labels for homemade jam and used the create a custom graphic/seal/top text/bottom text and the text would print in a rounded, circular way.

I can't find how to curve/round the text anywhere in this version. I even had my son try (who is an IT guy/geek, systems administrator for a car auction) and he couldn't find it either. Headlines are close, but not exactly what I want.

Attached/embedded are the last of my labels with the example of the text I am trying to figure out.

Any help? Am I missing something and it's right in front of me? (cause I am not the most computer literate person).

Thanks!

Attachment (1)
Post #: 1
RE: printshop 3.0 text, write in a circle - 9/30/2011 1:49:27 PM   
kissmyfranny

To the first person that can tell me how to do this, I'll send you a jar of jam, if you'd like.

My jam making skills are way better than my computer skills.

(in reply to kissmyfranny)
Post #: 2
RE: printshop 3.0 text, write in a circle - 9/30/2011 2:14:02 PM   
Brandy redux

Hi kssmyfranny,

The first and most important point which much be kept in mind about Print Shop 3.0 is that Print Shop 3.0 is not a true upgrade of any previous version of Print Shop. Instead, Print Shop 3.0 is a completely redesigned and rewritten product which works in an entirely different manner than all earlier versions of Print Shop - even Print Shop 2.0.

And, if you ever decide that Print Shop 3.0 does not suit your needs, you will want to keep in mind that the Money-Back guarantee for Print Shop 3.0 has been extended to December 31, 2011.

As to your problem with the curved text, it is not possible to curve regular Print Shop 3.0 text. Only Headline text can be curved. And, that Headline text can be curved only by doing this:

1. Create a Headline text box.

2. Click on the 'Shapes' button on the 'Headlines' tab at the top of the window.

3. Select one of the Shape options.

FYI: I don't know for certain whether or not it is possible to install Print Shop 11 on a Vista computer (either 32-bit or 64-bit) - because I do not own Print Shop 11.

I have confirmed that, while Print Shop 10 cannot be successfully installed on any 64-bit Operating System, Print Shop 12 can be successfully installed on a 64-bit Operating System, as is described in this pinned item

http://forums.encoreusa.com/tm.asp?m=38873

However, as can be seen in that pinned item, Print Shop 12 online options are no longer accessible.

So, you might want to consider the fact that Print Shop 23, which can be purchased here

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=Print+shop+23&x=0&y=0

and Print Shop 23.1, which can be purchased here

http://www.broderbund.com/c-31-the-print-shop.aspx

can both open projects which were created by any of the products listed below:

* The Print Shop® version 10 and newer

* American Greetings® CreataCard® 5 and newer

* American Greetings® Spiritual Expressions 3 and newer

* American Greetings® Print! Premium 3 and newer

* PrintMaster® version 7 and newer

And, the Headline text in Print Shop 23 can do a much better job of writing text in a circle than can Print Shop 3.0. Please click on the link below for more details

http://forums.encoreusa.com/tm.asp?m=31882&mpage=1&key=circle

And, if you will click on the link below

http://forums.encoreusa.com/tm.asp?m=37888

you will see that it is possible to successfully install both Print Shop 23 and Print Shop 23.1 on even a 64-bit version of Windows 7.

< Message edited by Brandy redux -- 1/4/2012 2:05:03 PM >

For More Help:
Click on the FAQ link at the top of this page
Then, click on the All FAQ's button on the next page

To contact me by email, please send your message to pine_97@yahoo.com

Post #: 3
RE: printshop 3.0 text, write in a circle - 9/30/2011 9:51:16 PM   
ellengard

I made this circle text in Adobe PhotoShop Elements. It is a high resolution GIF image. If you import it into your project and resize and position it under your other graphics, maybe it would work well for your label.

Sorry, I could not identify the font you used so I picked one that was bold.

Attachment (1)

Post #: 4
RE: printshop 3.0 text, write in a circle - 10/1/2011 7:40:20 PM   
ellengard

Here's a jam label made with a different Encore product (Scrapbook Boutique) which has a text to shape feature.

Attachment (1)

Post #: 5
RE: printshop 3.0 text, write in a circle - 10/3/2011 10:40:51 PM   
kissmyfranny

Ellengard,
Thank you! That is an awesome label.
I may have to look into Scrapbook Boutique.

< Message edited by kissmyfranny -- 10/3/2011 10:44:33 PM >

(in reply to ellengard)
Post #: 6
RE: printshop 3.0 text, write in a circle - 10/3/2011 10:45:30 PM   
kissmyfranny

Thank you for the help.

(in reply to ellengard)
Post #: 7
RE: printshop 3.0 text, write in a circle - 10/3/2011 11:08:16 PM   
ellengard

quote:

ORIGINAL: kissmyfranny
Thank you! That is an awesome label.
I may have to look into Scrapbook Boutique.

Thanks! You are welcome to use it in your label project. I like Scrapbook Boutique for designing graphics which I import into my favorite desktop publishing programs.

If you would like the higher resolution version (600 KB), send me an email and I'll send you the attachment.

< Message edited by ellengard -- 10/3/2011 11:11:05 PM >

Post #: 8
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Product Forums] >> [Productivity Software] >> The Print Shop 3.0 >> printshop 3.0 text, write in a circle Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Please Note: In order to post a message on the forums, you will need to become an Encore Forum Member. Click on the Register link on the top of this page and follow the instructions to become an Encore Forum Member.

If you are a new member and need help using these forums, please click on the FAQ link at the top of this page.

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4