Encore Forums Encore Forums

Knowledgebase  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

The Print Shop 3.0 - Printing Half Fold Card Envelopes

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Product Forums] >> [Productivity Software] >> The Print Shop 3.0 >> The Print Shop 3.0 - Printing Half Fold Card Envelopes Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
The Print Shop 3.0 - Printing Half Fold Card Envelopes - 12/26/2011 6:55:18 PM   
Sharon18

I'v created a new project for envelopes 8.75 w x 5.75 h and cannot get it to print. It looks fine on the screen but will not print. I've picked various layout in the print menu but none of them work. Any help would be appreciated.
Post #: 1
RE: The Print Shop 3.0 - Printing Half Fold Card Envelopes - 12/26/2011 8:50:35 PM   
Brandy redux

Hi Sharon18,

There is a bug in the Print Shop 3.0 program which makes it impossible to print many envelope projects correctly. And, many of those problems are related to attempting to create and print custom size envelopes. When an envelope project will not print correctly, there is usually no workaround for that problem."

And, you will want to be sure to NOT try to print an envelope from the Print Preview - because:

1. When you select 'Print Preview', the envelope will often be displayed in Landscape orientation - from Left to Right - on a sheet of paper which is displayed in Portrait orientation - from top to bottom.

2. If you click on 'Print' on the 'Print Preview' window, the envelope will print exactly as it was displayed on the Print Preview.

3. If you click on 'Close' to close the Print Preview, then click on 'Print' on the 'Home' tab, the envelope will frequently print correctly.

4. Before you click on 'Print' on the Print window, you must be sure that the correct Paper Size is the selected in the Printer's Properties.

The problem you are experiencing might be related to the fact that, when you create custom size envelopes in Print Shop 3.0, Print Shop 3.0 expects the Width setting to be the long side of the paper and the Height setting to be the short side of the paper.

For most other programs, the Width setting is expected to be the short side of the paper and the Length setting is expected to be the long side of the paper. So, as you can see, Print Shop 3.0 is backwards.

And, when you change the Paper Size for your printer to match the size of the envelope you created in Print Shop 3.0, you will usually find that it is not possible to set the width of an envelope to 8.75" for printers which are not designed to print on paper which is wider than 8.50" - because the maximum width can be only 8.5".

So, if the printer you are trying to use cannot print on paper wider than 8.5", you will not be able to successfully print an 8.75" x 5.75" envelope unless you set the Width to 8.5" then make allowances for the missing 1/4 inch in the design of the envelope. Then, you would set the Height to 5.75".

For More Help:
Click on the FAQ link at the top of this page
Then, click on the All FAQ's button on the next page

To contact me by email, please send your message to pine_97@yahoo.com

(in reply to Sharon18)
Post #: 2
RE: The Print Shop 3.0 - Printing Half Fold Card Envelopes - 12/27/2011 9:26:09 AM   
Sharon18

Thank you so much for your reply! I tried everything but trying to print it without the Print Preview. Is there going to be a fix anytime soon?

This is the 1st timie I've use The Print Shop 3.0 and am not really happy with the product. I have the American Greeting CreateaCard 7.0 and Love it! But when I installed in on a new computer with Micrsoft Windows 7 I am having problems with the Print Preview also. The Print Preview does not pop up and it show the task in my Print Queue as 1/4 (pages) and won't print. When I try to cancel the task it still stays there until I restart my computer and click on a print preview in another application (been using Microsoft Office 2010-Word) and the American Greeting Print Preview shows up and I can cancel the task. Is there a fix or work around for this?

One other question: In the The Print Shop application will you be able to copy in screen prints? The only way I found to get a screen print in is to put it into another application (Paint or a Picture editor) Save it and then import it through Photo's.
This can be very time consuming.

I have a lot of cards in American Greeting that I use some of the items in the cards to create another card. This would be a nice feature in The Print Shop! Again, thank you for your reply and any additional information you can pass along.

(in reply to Sharon18)
Post #: 3
RE: The Print Shop 3.0 - Printing Half Fold Card Envelopes - 12/27/2011 12:36:38 PM   
Brandy redux

Hi Sharon18,

As to whether or not there is going to be a fix anytime soon for the envelope printing problem, I'm afraid that I don't have any answer for that question. I do know, though, that the envelope problem is not fixed in the 3.0.5 patch - which has been scheduled for released several times - but has been repeatedly delayed for technical problems. So, if there is ever a fix, it will have to be in the next patch.

Please do keep in mind that the primary reason why Print Shop 3.0 is so different is because it was not designed to be an upgrade of any earlier version of Print Shop. Instead, Print Shop 3.0 is a completely redesigned product which works in a completely different manner than all earlier versions of Print Shop.

Please also keep in mind that the Money-Back Guarantee for all versions of Print Shop 3.0 has been extended until December 31, 2011 - regardless of when Print Shop 3.0 was purchased.

Please click on the link below

http://support.encore.com/customerservice/refunds.aspx

to view the Refund policy.

As to your question about the Print Preview in American Greeting CreateaCard 7.0, since the Print Preview works perfectly for me on Windows 7 with both CreataCard 6 and CreataCard 8, the problems you described would indicate that your CreataCard 7 installation is corrupt. The recommended solution for a corrupt installation is to click on the link below

http://forums.encoreusa.com/tm.asp?m=41214

then follow the directions in that FAQ for performing a 1) thorough uninstall, 2) computer cleanup and 3) 'clean' reinstall.

In answer to your question about screen prints, if you are not able to Copy/Paste a screen print into a Print Shop 3.0 project, your only option would be to import it through Photo's.

And, as to your comment about using some of the items in your CreataCard 7 cards to create another card, you might want to note that both PrintMaster 18 and Print Shop 23, which can both be purchased at Amazon.com, and PrintMaster 18.1 and Print Shop 23.1, which can both be purchased at broderbund.com, can open projects which were created by CreataCard 7.

And, as can be seen below

*PM 18: Installing PrintMaster 18 & 18.1 on Window 7*

http://forums.encoreusa.com/tm.asp?m=37889

*PS 23: Installing Print Shop 23 & 23.1 on Window 7*

http://forums.encoreusa.com/tm.asp?m=37888

all of those products can be successfully installed on even a 64-bit version of Windows 7.

< Message edited by Brandy redux -- 1/4/2012 1:55:43 PM >

For More Help:

(in reply to Sharon18)
Post #: 4
RE: The Print Shop 3.0 - Printing Half Fold Card Envelopes - 12/27/2011 1:05:53 PM   
Sharon18

I just purchases The Print Shop 3.0 yesterday because I got so fustrated with American Greeting! Thank you for your suggestions for other software. I will look into the other options available. Thank you

(in reply to Sharon18)
Post #: 5
RE: The Print Shop 3.0 - Printing Half Fold Card Envelopes - 12/27/2011 2:46:09 PM   
Brandy redux

Hi Sharon18,

If you decide to upgrade to either Print Shop or PrintMaster, you might want to consider keeping CreataCard 7 installed on your Windows 7 computer - because neither Print Shop nor PrintMaster offer the nice graphics that are offered in CreataCard 7.

HOWEVER, as you may have already discovered, with Windows 7, if online images were accessible with your earlier Operating System, those online images cannot always be accessed on CreataCard 7. Sometimes those images will be there and sometimes those images will not be there. And, there is no way to work around this problem.

For More Help:

(in reply to Sharon18)
Post #: 6
RE: The Print Shop 3.0 - Printing Half Fold Card Envelopes - 12/27/2011 3:56:59 PM   
ellengard

As a workaround, you can design your envelope on a standard 8.5x11 portrait oriented sign project. Make your design then group the elements and rotate the group.

If your printer feeds the envelope from the top left, your project would look like this:

This method circumvents the problems PS3.0 has with custom sizes and landscape projects.

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by ellengard -- 12/27/2011 4:06:41 PM >

(in reply to Sharon18)
Post #: 7
RE: The Print Shop 3.0 - Printing Half Fold Card Envelopes - 12/28/2011 7:15:54 AM   
Sharon18

Thank you for all the various options. I was thinking I could always create my envelopes in Word! But will try the Sign Project suggestion you presented. Good idea's!

Since I work all week I will not get back to returning or purchasing the products until this weekend!

Again I cannot thank you enough for all your help and will let you know how I proceed! Hope you have a Happy New Year's!

(in reply to Sharon18)
Post #: 8
RE: The Print Shop 3.0 - Printing Half Fold Card Envelopes - 12/28/2011 8:12:37 AM   
Sharon18

You suggested Print Shop 23.1 - Is this The Print Shop 23.1 Deluxe or The Print Shop 23.1 Pro Publisher (way more expensive) to be able to access the greeting cards I created in American Greeting CreateaCard 7.0? These were the only ones I found on broderbund.com.

Sorry to be such a pain but I want to get the correct software so I don't have to go through his again. Again, thank you for your help.

(in reply to Sharon18)
Post #: 9
RE: The Print Shop 3.0 - Printing Half Fold Card Envelopes - 12/28/2011 12:31:54 PM   
Brandy redux

Hi Sharon18,

You sure don't have to worry about being a pain - because my goal on these forums is to provide any help that users require.

Yes, either the The Print Shop 23.1 Deluxe or The Print Shop 23.1 Pro Publisher should work quite well for you. The biggest difference between The Print Shop 23.1 Deluxe and The Print Shop 23.1 Pro Publisher is that Pro Publisher is more business oriented.

However, as I mentioned in my earlier reply, either PrintMaster 18 or PrintMaster 18.1 can also open CreataCard 7 projects. And, if you will click on the link below

http://www.amazon.com/PrintMaster-Platinum-18-1-Win-Vista/dp/B004VRS6VS/ref=sr_1_3?s=software&ie=UTF8&qid=1325104169&sr=1-3

you will see that PrintMaster 18.1 can be purchased at amazon.com for only $9.99.

For More Help:

(in reply to Sharon18)
Post #: 10
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Product Forums] >> [Productivity Software] >> The Print Shop 3.0 >> The Print Shop 3.0 - Printing Half Fold Card Envelopes Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Please Note: In order to post a message on the forums, you will need to become an Encore Forum Member. Click on the Register link on the top of this page and follow the instructions to become an Encore Forum Member.

If you are a new member and need help using these forums, please click on the FAQ link at the top of this page.

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4