Encore Forums Encore Forums

Knowledgebase  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

Printer prints the square of the number of copies requested.

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Product Forums] >> [Productivity Software] >> [PrintMaster 18.1 and older] >> PM Printing Specific Issues >> Printer prints the square of the number of copies requested. Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Printer prints the square of the number of copies reque... - 3/4/2012 6:37:13 PM   
sphoto

HELP! I just moved up to Printmaster 18.1 from version 8 because version 8 isn't compatible with Windows 7 on my new computer. When I go to print and ask it for more than 1 print, it squares the number and prints out that many more! For example, if I ask for 4 prints, it prints 16. If I ask for 5, it prints out 25! This is the absolutely only program that does this.

I have Windows 7, all updates. The printer is the Canon ip3600. It is frustrating enough having to move up to this version of Printmaster but to then have this printing problem takes the cake. I see there was a post concerning a similar problem with Vista but nothing on Windows 7.

Any help would be appreciated.

Dane
Post #: 1
RE: Printer prints the square of the number of copies r... - 3/4/2012 7:23:25 PM   
Brandy redux

Hi Dane,

Several years ago, it was determined that when the printer multiplies the number of copies, that is an indicator that either 1) the printer is not compatible with the Operating System OR 2) the printer is not compatible with the software OR 3) the printer does not have the most current driver installed for both the Operating System and the version of the OS (32-bit or 64-bit).

For both the 32-bit version and the 64-bit version of Windows 7, the printer driver which is installed for your Canon ip3600 should be the printer driver which is listed on this web site

http://usa.canon.com/cusa/consumer/products/printers_multifunction/photo_inkjet_printers/pixma_ip3600#DriversAndSoftware

If you can confirm that the correct printer driver is installed, there may be no fix for your problem - because the most important thing to keep in mind when a printing problem occurs with a PrintMaster 18.1 or earlier program is that ALL print jobs in those Broderbund programs are ALWAYS controlled by the printer driver for the printer that is selected in Print Setup.

< Message edited by Brandy redux -- 3/4/2012 7:24:30 PM >

For More Help:
Click on the FAQ link at the top of this page
Then, click on the All FAQ's button on the next page

To contact me by email, please send your message to pine_97@yahoo.com

(in reply to sphoto)
Post #: 2
RE: Printer prints the square of the number of copies r... - 3/4/2012 7:37:01 PM   
sphoto

Thanks Brandy,

Canon lists in the specifications for this printer as Windows 7 compatible as the very first listing. However in their list of drivers, there is no print driver listed, just an add on and several updates to the included software. I did leave a question addressing this on the canon site earlier this evening so will see what happens.

I teach 3rd grade and we are learning about squares and square roots. Maybe I can turn this into a lesson.

Still pretty crappy though.

Thanks,
Dane

(in reply to Brandy redux)
Post #: 3
RE: Printer prints the square of the number of copies r... - 3/4/2012 7:57:59 PM   
Brandy redux

Hi Dane,

The problem you described is one of the reasons why I will never purchase another Canon printer - because the software downloads are just too confusing. The other reason is because even though my wireless Canon PIXMA MP495 printer can be seen on the network, it is always seen as being offline GRRRR! On the plus side, both of my wireless Epson printers work like a charm.

If you click on the + next to the Printer Driver Add-On, you will see this statement:

"This software is a module that expands the functionality of the printer driver for Canon Inkjet printers. Your printer must be installed via Microsoft Update before you download and use this module."

I have never heard of a printer being installed via Microsoft Update.

Since the Canon web site does offer a Printer Driver option for my Canon PIXMA MP495 printer, and since the Printer Driver Add-On for your Canon ip3600 printer is dated 2009, that would indicate that Canon is no longer providing support for your Canon ip3600 printer.

It is very important to keep in mind that even though drivers might be provided for the latest Operating System, that doesn't necessarily mean that the printer is 100% compatible with the latest Operating System.

< Message edited by Brandy redux -- 3/4/2012 7:58:43 PM >

For More Help:
Click on the FAQ link at the top of this page
Then, click on the All FAQ's button on the next page

To contact me by email, please send your message to pine_97@yahoo.com

(in reply to sphoto)
Post #: 4
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Product Forums] >> [Productivity Software] >> [PrintMaster 18.1 and older] >> PM Printing Specific Issues >> Printer prints the square of the number of copies requested. Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Please Note: In order to post a message on the forums, you will need to become an Encore Forum Member. Click on the Register link on the top of this page and follow the instructions to become an Encore Forum Member.

If you are a new member and need help using these forums, please click on the FAQ link at the top of this page.

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4