Encore Forums Encore Forums

Knowledgebase  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

Permission or none for use of designs?

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Product Forums] >> [Productivity Software] >> [The Print Shop 23.1 and older] >> PS General functionality >> Permission or none for use of designs? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Permission or none for use of designs? - 5/31/2012 7:15:30 PM   
Zach

Do we know if we need permission from Printmaster/author if we used art from an old version of Printmaster in a design that I created (I use Platinum Version 18, 2007. Used 2 pictures)? I have a friend willing to buy my design for a book cover for the story he's writing and I want to cover my bases before I do. Does anyone here know the answer that is just plain and simple to understand? I get so confused on the TOUs and all that. Please help. I would greatly appreciate it.
Post #: 1
RE: Permission or none for use of designs? - 5/31/2012 8:04:25 PM   
Brandy redux

Hi Zach,

The most important point which must always be kept in mind when purchasing ANY software application is that you do not actually own the software after you purchase it. Instead, what you purchase is nothing more than a Limited Software License which allows you to use one copy of the applicable software product (the "Software"), which may include electronic documentation, on a single computer/workstation.

And, the Limited Software License for ALL versions of PrintMaster say this:

You may not use the software on or over a network or any other transfer device (including the Internet) except in a manner using the network and online functions included in the Software, if any. Use of the Software on more than one computer constitutes copyright infringement and may be punishable by civil fines, criminal penalties, or both.

You may not rent or lease the Software, but schools and libraries may lend the Software to third parties provided the Software is in CD format and each end user is given a copy of this License Agreement which will govern the use of such Software.

You may not modify, translate, reverse engineer, decompile, or disassemble the Software, except to the extent that this restriction is expressly prohibited by applicable law.

You may not remove any proprietary notices or labels in the Software.

You may not copy the printed materials accompanying the Software or distribute printed copies of any user documentation provided in electronic format.

You may not publicly perform or publicly display the Software.

YOU ARE NOT PERMITTED TO:

Use any images included in this product containing trademarks or logos of any third-party in any print or electronic media of an editorial, commercial, promotional, or corporate nature.

Resell or sublicense or distribute collections of the Properties including, for example, clip art collections, photo collections or stock collections.

Sell any item on which any Property is copied or otherwise printed.

Use any of the Properties as a logo, trademark or similar designation of your business.

Use any individual’s or entity’s name, likeness, and/or image in any manner which suggests the endorsement or association of any product or service. For example, you may use a photo of an animal in an advertisement, but you may not use the image of a person.

Use any Property in or to create any immoral, obscene or scandalous works.

Use any Property in electronic format, including on-line use, and multimedia applications, unless all of the following conditions are met:

The Properties are incorporated for viewing purposes only.

The Properties do not comprise a significant portion of the content of the proposed use.

A notice is included specifying that the Properties may not be saved or downloaded and are only to be used for viewing purposes.

The Properties are embedded at no higher than a base resolution of 512x768.

And, all of these requirements apply for as long as you use the software.

For more information about copyright issues, please click on the link below.

http://forums.encoreusa.com/tm.asp?m=38479&mpage=1&key=陏

For More Help:
Click on the FAQ link at the top of this page
Then, click on the All FAQ's button on the next page

To contact me by email, please send your message to pine_97@yahoo.com

(in reply to Zach)
Post #: 2
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Product Forums] >> [Productivity Software] >> [The Print Shop 23.1 and older] >> PS General functionality >> Permission or none for use of designs? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Please Note: In order to post a message on the forums, you will need to become an Encore Forum Member. Click on the Register link on the top of this page and follow the instructions to become an Encore Forum Member.

If you are a new member and need help using these forums, please click on the FAQ link at the top of this page.

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4