Encore Forums Encore Forums

Knowledgebase  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

Text alignment issues

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Product Forums] >> [Productivity Software] >> PrintMaster 2012 >> Text alignment issues Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Text alignment issues - 6/13/2012 8:34:56 AM   
katgrif

I am a new user of Printmaster Plat. 12. Have used other PM Programs in past though and thought they were much more user friendly.
I am using a half fold greeting card to design a program for an event. I chose a template and then deleted all its text, objects etc.
I am using Windows 7 and everything is updated so I do not think this is a software issue but obviously do not know for sure

Issue is that I type the layout as I want it and then indent cetain words how I want them but they do not stay. The layout looks just as I want when the text box is on but as soon as I click off it, certain words convert to other positions and that is the way it prints. I try again and the same words do the same thing. I can't seem to correct it because when I click the text box to do so, they move back to where I want them! This would be easier to understand if you seen it but can someone help? I have tried aligning them to left and then indenting the ones I want etc. but not working. What am I doing wrong?
Post #: 1
RE: Text alignment issues - 6/13/2012 8:58:49 AM   
katgrif

Also. Now I tried to re-arrange some text so I "cut" the line from bottom of page and then used "paste" to put it at top and it does not paste. I need to retype it now because it does not allow me to cut and paste either.

(in reply to katgrif)
Post #: 2
RE: Text alignment issues - 6/13/2012 10:36:11 AM   
ellengard

Cut and paste works fine with the hot keys. Ctrl-X and Ctrl-Y on Windows. Something similar on Mac.

(in reply to katgrif)
Post #: 3
RE: Text alignment issues - 6/13/2012 10:41:35 AM   
ellengard

quote:

ORIGINAL: katgrif
I chose a template and then deleted all its text, objects etc.
...The layout looks just as I want when the text box is on but as soon as I click off it, certain words convert to other positions ...What am I doing wrong?

I have no problem "indenting" sentences with spaces. Prints fine. So I suspect your problem is the template. Even though you deleted the elements, the template's formatting remains and this may be causing your problem.

Start from scratch with a new blank project. When you add a new text box to it, you'll see your text comes out fine.

(in reply to katgrif)
Post #: 4
RE: Text alignment issues - 6/13/2012 3:40:30 PM   
katgrif

Yes the hot key works, for pasting. Made a new program from scratch. Still had some issues with an indent area but worked much better and finally got it done. I thank you. Grateful you know what is going on :)

< Message edited by Brandy redux -- 6/13/2012 3:57:14 PM >

(in reply to ellengard)
Post #: 5
RE: Text alignment issues - 6/13/2012 10:45:58 PM   
ellengard

quote:

ORIGINAL: katgrif
Still had some issues with an indent area...

A foolproof method of achieving the look of indented text is to put it in a separate text box and position it away from the "unindented" text.

(in reply to katgrif)
Post #: 6
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Product Forums] >> [Productivity Software] >> PrintMaster 2012 >> Text alignment issues Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Please Note: In order to post a message on the forums, you will need to become an Encore Forum Member. Click on the Register link on the top of this page and follow the instructions to become an Encore Forum Member.

If you are a new member and need help using these forums, please click on the FAQ link at the top of this page.

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4