Encore Forums Encore Forums

Knowledgebase  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

Designer Art Collection Ue

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Product Forums] >> [Productivity Software] >> [PrintMaster 18.1 and older] >> PM General Functionality >> Designer Art Collection Ue Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Designer Art Collection Ue - 10/24/2012 11:36:26 AM   
nonnox15

I have Printmaster Platinum 7. It came with a disk labeled Designer Art Collection.
I use Windows Vista 32 bit.
In the art categories there are two directories listed: Fun Photos and Photo fun.
Fun photos is also in Printmaster 18, which I also use.
In Fun Photos you can place a photo in the art.
I had thought that you can also do that with Photo Fun, but I haven't used it in a while but when I tried the it yesterday, when selecting layer and move back one layer, the photo was put behind the art and NOT in the art, as in Fun Photo.
I went back to using Printmaster 7 because Printmaster 18 wouldn't open the art on the Designer Art Collection and there were some art there that I wanted to use.
Has anyone used this art that can help me on this?
Thanks
Post #: 1
RE: Designer Art Collection Ue - 10/24/2012 2:31:52 PM   
lindarobin

quote:

ORIGINAL: nonnox15

I have Printmaster Platinum 7... Photo Fun, but I haven't used it in a while but when I tried the it yesterday, when selecting layer and move back one layer, the photo was put behind the art and NOT in the art, as in Fun Photo.

I don't have these version 7 disks, but I can suggest that the art in Photo Fun, where the graphic has a transparent area, you can re-position your photo behind the transparent area. I suspect that not all the graphics have transparent areas.

(in reply to nonnox15)
Post #: 2
RE: Designer Art Collection Ue - 10/24/2012 2:52:01 PM   
Brandy redux

Hi nonnox15,

Even though my version of PrintMaster Platinum 7 does not include the Design Art disk, I do actually own one of the Design Art Collections, which were, at one time, sold separately for the American Greetings CreataCard programs. And, since I discovered several years ago that the Design Art Collections are not compatible with even a 32-bit version of Windows Vista, that means that those disks cannot be installed on any Operating System newer than WinXP. And, worst of all, since the graphic images on the Design Art disks are not stored as individual images, the only way to access the images on those disks is to install the disks on compatible Operating Systems.

As to where you said this:

"when selecting layer and move back one layer, the photo was put behind the art and NOT in the art, as in Fun Photo."

I suspect that what you are trying to do is to fill in the transparent areas in some of the Fun Photo clipart - where entire faces or individual facial features or other items are placed. I am aware that some older software was specifically designed to automatically position an item in the transparent area of the selected image. However, since the newer versions of PrintMaster are not designed with that feature, your only option would be to use the layer option.

For More Help:
Click on the FAQ link at the top of this page
Then, click on the All FAQ's button on the next page

To contact me by email, please send your message to pine_97@yahoo.com

(in reply to nonnox15)
Post #: 3
RE: Designer Art Collection Ue - 1/20/2014 1:32:46 PM   
nonnox15

I was looking for help with Printmaster 6.0 and came across this post. Lo and behold, it is mine.
I wanted more "Fun Photos" or "Photo Fun" templates. I noticed that they were made by Arc Soft (I think is the company). I went to their web site and was very disappointed with their new templates. I'll leave it at that.
I decided to upgrade my Printmaster 18 to Printmaster 6.0.
Also a disappointment. Had problems printing my first project. I might have that figured out.
However, the selection of clipart, (unless you want to buy packages) seems very limited. I tried to make an anniversary card for my grandson and the only clipart they have is cows etc. in pink.
Is their more clipart for Printmaster 6 that I am missing.
With Printmaster 18 I could select Clipart and category and had plenty of GOOD clipart to choose from.
Not so, it seems, with Printmaster 6.
Thought I would check out this forum before I go to customer service and ask for a refund.
PM 6 does seem to take some getting used to. You almost have to learn to make projects all over again because the methods are so different.
Any suggestions would be appreciated.

(in reply to Brandy redux)
Post #: 4
RE: Designer Art Collection Ue - 1/20/2014 1:43:34 PM   
JasonC

Print Master v6 requires an online connection in order to get clipart.

If you don't have an internet connection you can't effectively use this product unless you purchase a product such as the Creatvity Collection to use offline on that computer.

Jason Carver
Encore Sales Department and Customer Service
www.encore.com
For Tech Support, visit http://support.encore.com

(in reply to nonnox15)
Post #: 5
RE: Designer Art Collection Ue - 1/20/2014 4:24:10 PM   
nonnox15

Yes I have internet. BUT, the clip art I saw online you had to pay for.
With PM18, most of the clip art was online. You could see the thumbnail and then download it if you wanted.
There were not any "packs" that you had to buy as with PM 6.
OR, am I missing something?

(in reply to JasonC)
Post #: 6
RE: Designer Art Collection Ue - 1/20/2014 4:29:32 PM   
ellengard

There are thousands of clipart that come with PrintMaster Platinum 6.0. Click "Clip Art" on the left sidebar.

Also, there is a lot of FREE art available on Printmasterpacks.com - just click the Free Clip Art link near the top of the page. Some beautiful PNG frames where all you need to do is slide a photo underneath... and they're free!

For example:
http://www.printmasterpacks.com/system/0072/2085/mm_preview.jpg?1389804414

< Message edited by ellengard -- 1/20/2014 4:43:07 PM >

(in reply to nonnox15)
Post #: 7
RE: Designer Art Collection Ue - 1/20/2014 4:52:55 PM   
ellengard

If you have more PrintMaster 6.0 related questions, please start a new thread at the PrintMaster 6.0 forum:
http://forums.encoreusa.com/tt.asp?forumid=284

(in reply to nonnox15)
Post #: 8
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Product Forums] >> [Productivity Software] >> [PrintMaster 18.1 and older] >> PM General Functionality >> Designer Art Collection Ue Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Please Note: In order to post a message on the forums, you will need to become an Encore Forum Member. Click on the Register link on the top of this page and follow the instructions to become an Encore Forum Member.

If you are a new member and need help using these forums, please click on the FAQ link at the top of this page.

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4