Encore Forums Encore Forums

Knowledgebase  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

New Printshop Calendar User

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Product Forums] >> [Productivity Software] >> The Print Shop 3.0 >> New Printshop Calendar User Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
New Printshop Calendar User - 10/29/2012 3:47:25 PM   
Teacakes123

Using PS 3.0.5 to make family calendars for the first time:
-How come there's no user manual?
-Can recurring dates (birthdays, anniversaries, etc) be saved and re-used each new year?
-I downloaded free clip art, but the items do not import. Why?
-Where are the "und0 or revert" functions for things other than photo edit?
-Can the drop shadow on the shapes (square) be reduced of eliminated?
-I selected all US Holidays but none were saved...why? I saved in Printshop format...
-Can I select/use portions of the calendar templates when I select the blank calendar?

Thanks for your assistance....

< Message edited by Brandy redux -- 10/29/2012 4:47:16 PM >
Post #: 1
RE: New Printshop Calendar User - 10/29/2012 4:46:37 PM   
Brandy redux

-How come there's no user manual?

Even though there is no printed user manual, the Help file can be accessed by clicking on the 'Help' link in the upper right hand corner of the workspace.

-Can recurring dates (birthdays, anniversaries, etc) be saved and re-used each new year?

Print Shop 3.0 is not designed to allow for recurring dates. Only Calendar Creator is designed with that capability.

- I downloaded free clip art, but the items do not import. Why?

Anytime you want import clip art items that are not Print Shop Clip Art items, you must click on the 'My Photos' button, then import the Clip Art through 'My Photos'. However, it is very important to keep in mind that the only graphics file formats which can be imported into Print Shop 3.0 are *.jpg, *.gif, *.png, *.bmp, *.jpg, *.svg.

-Where are the "und0 or revert" functions for things other than photo edit?

In order to access the Undo and Redo options, you must click on the 'Home' tab.

-Can the drop shadow on the shapes (square) be reduced of eliminated?

To remove the drop shadow, you would do this:

1. Click on the Shape to select it.

2. Click on the 'Drop Shadow' button in the toolbar.

3. Move the slider all the way to the left.

-I selected all US Holidays but none were saved...why? I saved in Printshop format...

When you select the 'Add Holidays | US Holidays option, the Holidays which you selected will be placed in the appropriate day cells on the open Calendar. Then, when you save that Calendar, the Holidays should also be saved. It is very important to keep in mind that the Holidays cannot be saved in any format other than as a calendar file. If you see that the Holidays are not saved in the calendar, that might indicate that your problem is related to an outdated or corrupt video card driver. In that case, the recommended solution is to click on the link below

http://forums.encoreusa.com/tm.asp?m=27150

then follow the directions in that FAQ for updating your video card driver.

-Can I select/use portions of the calendar templates when I select the blank calendar?

The only option which Print Shop 3.0 offers for a blank calendar is the option to select a calendar grid for a specific month. Unfortunately, there is a bug in the program which prevents the 'Change Month' option from changing to the desired month.

However, you might be able to use the Copy/Paste method to copy a calendar from one of the 12-month pre-designed layouts then paste that calendar into a completely blank project.

< Message edited by Brandy redux -- 11/4/2012 12:18:09 PM >

For More Help:
Click on the FAQ link at the top of this page
Then, click on the All FAQ's button on the next page

To contact me by email, please send your message to pine_97@yahoo.com

(in reply to Teacakes123)
Post #: 2
RE: New Printshop Calendar User - 11/4/2012 12:11:46 AM   
Teacakes123

-Received Calendar Creator inside Printshop 23.1. The basic calendar is ugly. How can it be modified?

-How can the starting month/day be changed?

-How can events (birthdays, anniversaries, holidays) be added?

I'm unable to get Calendar Creator going, it's very complicated to use.

< Message edited by Brandy redux -- 11/4/2012 1:07:59 AM >

(in reply to Brandy redux)
Post #: 3
RE: New Printshop Calendar User - 11/4/2012 1:08:14 AM   
Brandy redux

Hi TEacakes123,

- I'm unable to get Calendar Creator going, it's very complicated to use.

The Calendar Creator Help file can be accessed by clicking on the 'Help' link in the upper right hand corner of the workspace, then clicking on the 'Help Contents' item in the menu that drops down. . And, if you will review that Help file, you will find answers to many of your questions.

-Received Calendar Creator inside Printshop 23.1. The basic calendar is ugly. How can it be modified?

Since you don't care for the Basic Calendar, you should select either the 'Choose a Ready Made Calendar' or the 'Create a Calendar using the Calendar Wizard' option on the 'Getting Started' window that opens.

For more information about those options, please review the 'Startup Settings' information in the 'Help Contents' file.

-How can the starting month/day be changed?

It is very important to keep in mind that EVERY Calendar Creator project you open is automatically designed with every past month and every future month for years into the past and years into the future.

Calendar Creator is designed to ALWAYS open to the current month. If you don't want to start with the current month, several options are available for selecting a different month:

1. You can click on the LEFT and RIGHT buttons on the toolbar at the top of the workspace.

2. You can click on the 'Select a Date' button on the toolbar at the top of the workspace.

3. You can select 'View' in the menu bar, then select 'Go To' in the menu that drops down, then select one of the options in the next menu that drops down.

For more information about changing the month, click on the 'Help' button, click on 'Help Contents', click on the 'Search' tab, then type Moving Between Time Periods in the 'Type in the keyword to find:' box.

-How can events (birthdays, anniversaries, holidays) be added?

Please review the 'Adding Events to your Calendar' topic in the 'Help Contents' file.

< Message edited by Brandy redux -- 11/4/2012 12:17:47 PM >

For More Help:

Post #: 4
RE: New Printshop Calendar User - 11/4/2012 9:30:04 AM   
Teacakes123

Does Broderbund (or someone) make a calendar template that will do all of the following in one pkg:

-Offer the "locks" feature for each calendar item, as in Printshop (PS) 3.0 Professional?
-Offer recurring dates, holidays, anniversaries, etc?
-A truly basic calendar without color?

Also how can I change the placement of the daily date numbers in the Calendar Creator?

None of the ready made calendar templates meet my needs!!! I prefer to design my own from scratch and Calendar Creator does not allow me to do so. The basic calendar in PS 3.0 Professional gives me the basic template, but does not allow for collective adding events (holiday, inventions, etc), and alignment of objects on each page works well because of the "locks."

Overall my experience with Broderbund's calendars has been awful...This is soooo disappointing!!!

Post #: 5
RE: New Printshop Calendar User - 11/4/2012 12:04:59 PM   
Brandy redux

quote:

Does Broderbund (or someone) make a calendar template that will do all of the following in one pkg:

-Offer the "locks" feature for each calendar item, as in Printshop (PS) 3.0 Professional?
-Offer recurring dates, holidays, anniversaries, etc?
-A truly basic calendar without color?

NO.

quote:

Also how can I change the placement of the daily date numbers in the Calendar Creator?

To edit the daily date numbers, you would do this:

1. Right click on any empty day cell, then click on 'Properties' in the menu that drops down.

2. When the 'Layout Object Properties' window opens, click on the down arrow next to the 'Set Properties of:' box, then select 'Cell' in the list that drops down.

3. After selecting the desired options for font, font size, position in the day cell (left, middle, right), border, border color, etc., click on 'OK to return to the calendar.

quote:

None of the ready made calendar templates meet my needs!!! I prefer to design my own from scratch and Calendar Creator does not allow me to do so. The basic calendar in PS 3.0 Professional gives me the basic template, but does not allow for collective adding events (holiday, inventions, etc), and alignment of objects on each page works well because of the "locks."

Overall my experience with Broderbund's calendars has been awful...This is soooo disappointing!!!

As can be seen in the image at the bottom of this message, even though Calendar Creator does not offer a plain calendar with no color, it is possible to convert any Calendar Creator to black and white. And, it is possible to change every feature on every Calendar Creator project. Then, the calendar file can be saved as a template and used over and over.

Please do keep in mind that if you purchased either Print Shop 23.1 or Print Shop 3.0 from a retail store within the last 90 days or from either broderbund.com or encore.com within the last 30 days, you are eligible for a refund - even after the product has been installed.

Please click on the link below

http://support.encore.com/customerservice/refunds.aspx

to check out the Refund Policy.

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by Brandy redux -- 11/4/2012 12:19:34 PM >

For More Help:

Post #: 6
RE: New Printshop Calendar User - 11/4/2012 2:00:17 PM   
Brandy redux

As can be seen in the image below, if you really want to get simple, you can also remove all borders. And, as I mentioned earlier, if you save the project as a template, you can use the template over and over - because every Calendar Creator file contains all of the months in the past and all of the months in the future.

One point which must always be kept in mind about any Calendar Creator project is that the program ALWAYS controls the position and size of all events. And, if more than one event is created in the same day cell, the program will automatically reduce the size of the font and any associated pictures - in order to fit everything into the day cell.

If you want to control the size and position of either an event or a graphic image, you must use either the Add | Picture or Add | Text option.

Another point which must always be kept in mind is that, even though the Repeat Rule for events allows an event to be set to repeat on a specific date, Text and/or Graphics which are created using the 'Add' menu can be set to repeat ONLY every Day, Week, Month, Year, Hebrew Birth or Hebrew Death. And, on those repeat dates, the text and/or graphic will appear in exactly the same position on the page for every repeat. So, it will often be necessary to manually size and position Text and/or Graphics which are created using the 'Add' menu.

Attachment (1)

For More Help:

(in reply to Brandy redux)
Post #: 7
RE: New Printshop Calendar User - 11/4/2012 2:17:11 PM   
ellengard

quote:

ORIGINAL: Teacakes123
... I prefer to design my own from scratch and Calendar Creator does not allow me to do so. The basic calendar in PS 3.0 Professional gives me the basic template, but does not allow for collective adding events (holiday, inventions, etc)...

Calendar Creator does allow designing from scratch. It's a program with so many features and options that using it intuitively is not really possible. There is a learning curve with this program.

The calendar project in PS 3.0 doesn't have CC's features, but there is the Add Holidays button at the top where you can choose U.S. and/or Canadian holidays. Are you adding lots of pictures? If so, this program prints graphics with some blurriness.

With PS 3.0, changing the calendar year will remove all events.

You mentioned you had PS 23. It prints sharper. It also has a simple calendar project, but if you reuse the calendar for 2014 or other years, your events will not be in the right date box. Editing is required.

quote:

Can recurring dates (birthdays, anniversaries, etc) be saved and re-used each new year?

If this is your most important requirement, then Calendar Creator is your best choice.

< Message edited by lindarobin -- 11/4/2012 5:18:47 PM >

Post #: 8
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Product Forums] >> [Productivity Software] >> The Print Shop 3.0 >> New Printshop Calendar User Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Please Note: In order to post a message on the forums, you will need to become an Encore Forum Member. Click on the Register link on the top of this page and follow the instructions to become an Encore Forum Member.

If you are a new member and need help using these forums, please click on the FAQ link at the top of this page.

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4