Encore Forums Encore Forums

Knowledgebase  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

Print Shop 3.0 is too big for my laptop screen

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Product Forums] >> [Productivity Software] >> The Print Shop 3.0 >> Print Shop 3.0 is too big for my laptop screen Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Print Shop 3.0 is too big for my laptop screen - 12/7/2012 5:28:38 PM   
ClanCore

I have a brand new 17" Toshiba laptop with a powerful NVIDIA graphics processor.
My resolution is 1920 x 1080. My graphic driver is up to date.

When I start PS 3.0, it opens and about an inch of the bottom of the PS 3.0 window
drops below my laptop screen.
PS 3.0 won't let me resize the window vertically to fit on my screen. It will let me resize horizontally, but that's not a problem.

Please help.
Thx,
ClanCore

< Message edited by lindarobin -- 2/16/2013 7:03:08 PM >
Post #: 1
RE: Print Shop 3.0 Professional is too big for my lapto... - 12/7/2012 6:37:39 PM   
JasonC

Just so you know, this problem is not limited to the Print Shop, but other programs that can be resized also suffer from this bug in 1080p resolution.

Try switching to 1366x768 and it should work fine.

Jason Carver
Encore Sales Department and Customer Service
www.encore.com
For Tech Support, visit http://support.encore.com

(in reply to ClanCore)
Post #: 2
RE: Print Shop 3.0 Professional is too big for my lapto... - 12/8/2012 5:08:29 PM   
ClanCore

Thank you for your suggestions. I tried setting res to 1366x768.

If I lower the resolution, everything gets bigger, including PS 3.0,
and the problem is exacerbated. When I set it to 1366x768 and PS 3.0
drops 1/2 the window below my laptop's screen. And PS 3.0 won't let
me resize its window.

Thank you TMLFAN4LIFE for the heads-up that other programs might have
the same problem. I will purchase software carefully.

ClanCore

< Message edited by lindarobin -- 2/16/2013 7:01:12 PM >

(in reply to ClanCore)
Post #: 3
RE: Print Shop 3.0 Professional is too big for my lapto... - 12/8/2012 6:19:23 PM   
ellengard

quote:

ORIGINAL: ClanCore
... When I set it to 1366x768 and PS 3.0 drops 1/2 the window below my laptop's screen.

Darn. I was really hoping there would be a solution for this. Anyway, earlier when you said that the bottom inch couldn't be seen, I checked to see how badly that would compromise your ability to use the program.

Well, you're not missing much, fortunately. There's the Launch Smilebox link which takes you to smilebox.com. There's also the Template Store link which takes you to printshoppacks.com.

More importantly, there's the thumbnail images of your project pages that make it simple to move from page to page, and to add a new page. These functions can be accessed through the Project and View tabs at the top, so you're not prevented from doing these things. For single page projects, the thumbnails strip is redundant.

Hope this helps.

(in reply to ClanCore)
Post #: 4
RE: Print Shop 3.0 Professional is too big for my lapto... - 12/9/2012 8:10:46 AM   
ClanCore

ellengrad,
Thank you for describing what I can't see, and explaining where to access that functionality elsewhere.
Very helpful!
Thanks a bunch!
ClanCore

< Message edited by lindarobin -- 2/16/2013 6:58:02 PM >

(in reply to ellengard)
Post #: 5
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Product Forums] >> [Productivity Software] >> The Print Shop 3.0 >> Print Shop 3.0 is too big for my laptop screen Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Please Note: In order to post a message on the forums, you will need to become an Encore Forum Member. Click on the Register link on the top of this page and follow the instructions to become an Encore Forum Member.

If you are a new member and need help using these forums, please click on the FAQ link at the top of this page.

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4