Encore Forums Encore Forums

Knowledgebase  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

Printmaster 2012 printing problems

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Product Forums] >> [Productivity Software] >> PrintMaster 2012 >> Printmaster 2012 printing problems Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Printmaster 2012 printing problems - 1/20/2013 4:57:27 PM   
King Salmon

While printing photos, unwanted vertical lines are also being printed. How do I eliminate these lines? Any assistance will be greatly appreciated. Dave
Post #: 1
RE: Printmaster 2012 printing problems - 1/20/2013 5:16:40 PM   
ellengard

Save your project as jpg. View the jpg to see if there are unwanted vertical lines. If no unwanted lines, print the jpg using a different program. If lines appear, the problem is the printer. Cartridges may require cleaning.

(in reply to King Salmon)
Post #: 2
RE: Printmaster 2012 printing problems - 1/20/2013 11:26:02 PM   
King Salmon

Thanks for the prompt response, Ellengard. However, I guess I need to add additional information. The pictures that I am trying to print are already in JPG format. Using Printmaster 2012 Platinum software, I have added text to each picture and then printed through Printmaster. If I print the pictures without text and without using Printmaster but printing directly from "My Pictures", the pictures are great. I'm using a newly purchased HP 7525 Photosmart and have already printed successfully if I don't add text using Printmaster. The printing problem only occurs when printing with Printmaster. Thanks again for any future assistance. Dave

Post #: 3
RE: Printmaster 2012 printing problems - 1/21/2013 10:05:49 AM   
ellengard

quote:

ORIGINAL: King Salmon
...If I print the pictures without text and without using Printmaster but printing directly from "My Pictures", the pictures are great.

I can't tell from this statement that you can print your photos from PrintMaster, without text. If photos print with lines even without text, we can eliminate text as the problem and consider something else.

< Message edited by ellengard -- 1/21/2013 10:06:35 AM >

Post #: 4
RE: Printmaster 2012 printing problems - 1/21/2013 12:04:15 PM   
King Salmon

Sorry for the confusion. Even printing without text, using Printmaster, unwanted lines appear. The lines are not black but are white in areas where there should be color. Lines are vertical, parallel and every 1/2". Similar horizontal lines also appear but not as visible. Could this be a gridwork issue? Lines are not visible when viewing the pictures, only upon printing. Thanks again. Dave

Post #: 5
RE: Printmaster 2012 printing problems - 1/21/2013 12:30:44 PM   
King Salmon

BTW, I have reviewed some of the Printmaster Forums and found a similar issue regarding unwanted lines, with PM 18 being the program. The response to that post was to go into the advanced settings when printing via PM and check or uncheck the bitmap box, I believe. I have tried to do the same with PM 2012 but do not have that as a possible solution to the problem. Dave

Post #: 6
RE: Printmaster 2012 printing problems - 1/21/2013 4:31:54 PM   
ellengard

quote:

ORIGINAL: King Salmon
Even printing without text, using Printmaster, unwanted lines appear... Lines are vertical, parallel and every 1/2". Similar horizontal lines also appear but not as visible. Could this be a gridwork issue? Lines are not visible when viewing the pictures, only upon printing.

Thanks for the clarification. I would have been stumped trying to find a reason that text would create lines on graphics.

I have worked with girds using this program and they do not print. I suspect that there is a compatibility issue with the program and your printer. Even though you mentioned that your printer is new, it's not unusual for new drivers to become available soon after printers are shipped to stores. Check the manufacturer's website for your printer model and see if there is a new driver to download.

If you have the lastest driver, then a workable option would be to print your project to PDF. Then open the PDF in Adobe Reader and print from there.

If you need a PDF writer, you can download a good one from http://cutepdf.com/Products/CutePDF/writer.asp and it's free!.

Post #: 7
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Product Forums] >> [Productivity Software] >> PrintMaster 2012 >> Printmaster 2012 printing problems Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Please Note: In order to post a message on the forums, you will need to become an Encore Forum Member. Click on the Register link on the top of this page and follow the instructions to become an Encore Forum Member.

If you are a new member and need help using these forums, please click on the FAQ link at the top of this page.

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4