Encore Forums Encore Forums

Knowledgebase  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

How do I create 2 Columns in the Day layout?

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Product Forums] >> [Productivity Software] >> [Calendar Creator] >> CC General Functionality >> How do I create 2 Columns in the Day layout? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
How do I create 2 Columns in the Day layout? - 2/26/2013 5:51:16 AM   
FOX47

We've been using Calendar Creator Plus for years now, and we print out a daily 24 hour schedule with two columns so people know what needs to be done when. In Calendar Creator Plus creating a daily schedule with 2 columns was easy; open properties and check the box that says "two-columns".

How do I do this in Calendar Creator 12?
Post #: 1
RE: How do I create 2 Columns in the Day layout? - 2/26/2013 6:34:07 AM   
DEJenc3

Hello, FOX47,

Try this:
With the Day view selected, use the menu for File, Page Setup.
Go to the Layout tab, and for Calendars per Page, adjust "Across" to 2.
Click OK.

Go to File, Print and adjust the Time Range for "Periods" to the number of days you want to display. (You'll need to choose at least 2 in order to see the two columns in Print Preview.)

Hope this is what you had in mind.

David

(in reply to FOX47)
Post #: 2
RE: How do I create 2 Columns in the Day layout? - 2/26/2013 6:48:07 AM   
FOX47

Thanks David, I appreciate the advice, but that's not what I'm looking for.

I need one 24-hour day listed on a single page in 2 columns. Midnight through 11am in the first column and then noon through 11pm. So a 2-column, 24-hour, single day calendar on 1 page. I'd upload an image of what I'm looking for, but I'm not sure how to do that on this forum.

(in reply to DEJenc3)
Post #: 3
RE: How do I create 2 Columns in the Day layout? - 2/26/2013 7:14:09 AM   
DEJenc3

I'm sorry that won't serve the purpose.

I tried to make adjustments to existing layouts and to create a new one, but couldn't find a way to get the columns you need for a single day. The Day view doesn't offer a column option, and I couldn't get the Week view to limit to a single day, thinking that there might be a way to add columns going at it that way.

I don't have any better ideas at the moment, but there are others who visit this forum who may have suggestions.

David

(in reply to FOX47)
Post #: 4
RE: How do I create 2 Columns in the Day layout? - 2/26/2013 7:25:13 AM   
FOX47

I appreciate the help.

Yeah, I've been tooling around with the program for hours now and have run into nothing but dead ends. We're hoping to find a solution as the older version won't work on half our computers now, making it difficult to maintain.

(in reply to DEJenc3)
Post #: 5
RE: How do I create 2 Columns in the Day layout? - 2/26/2013 9:23:47 AM   
JasonC

quote:

ORIGINAL: FOX47

I appreciate the help.

Yeah, I've been tooling around with the program for hours now and have run into nothing but dead ends. We're hoping to find a solution as the older version won't work on half our computers now, making it difficult to maintain.

There is no guarantee with this, but older programs can be run better on Windows using the compatibility mode.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-vista/make-older-programs-run-in-this-version-of-windows

This one says Windows Vista but its pretty much almost the same as Windows XP and Windows 7. If you do decide to try this, make sure you back up everything before attempting to use this.

Jason Carver
Encore Sales Department and Customer Service
www.encore.com
For Tech Support, visit http://support.encore.com

(in reply to FOX47)
Post #: 6
RE: How do I create 2 Columns in the Day layout? - 2/26/2013 11:12:56 AM   
ellengard

quote:

ORIGINAL: FOX47
I need one 24-hour day listed on a single page in 2 columns. Midnight through 11am in the first column and then noon through 11pm.

Can you get midnight to 11am on one page and noon to 11pm on the next? Or are you stuck with all 24 hours on one page?

Because if you can get 12 hours on a page, print the calendar to PDF to get a 2 page PDF. Then open the PDF with Adobe Reader and select the option to fit the two pages onto one page. Effectively, it's two columns.

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by ellengard -- 2/26/2013 11:16:42 AM >

(in reply to FOX47)
Post #: 7
RE: How do I create 2 Columns in the Day layout? - 2/27/2013 12:04:52 PM   
FOX47

TMLFAN4LIFE: IT would have to make the adjustments, I'm not authorized to make changes to Windows settings.

ellengard: We need to have 24 hours on one page. We have a large number of events that repeat consistently throughout the year and print out a week at a time. Setting up 2 different calendars like you suggested would more than double the workload connected to the project which just isn't an option, unfortunately.

(in reply to ellengard)
Post #: 8
RE: How do I create 2 Columns in the Day layout? - 2/27/2013 1:43:36 PM   
ellengard

OK, keeping it simple, how about one long column on legal size paper?

Attachment (1)

(in reply to FOX47)
Post #: 9
RE: How do I create 2 Columns in the Day layout? - 2/28/2013 11:58:39 AM   
FOX47

ellengard: Not sure that we typically stock Legal sized paper in the office, but I took a chance and tried using that layout. With the large number of daily events we have to schedule they don't even fit in the boxes that way, let alone getting them all on the page.

Here's the layout we need... (hopefully it uploads correctly.)
And we average anywhere from 20-40 events in any given day, often with between 3-6 in a single hour. With the columns extending across the entire page it's difficult to delineate which is which, but with the format we had you just had to go from top to bottom to find out which one happens when.

The Operators using the calendar need to be able to see whats going on at a moments notice, sometimes literally. A 2-column layout ensures that they can do that.

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by FOX47 -- 2/28/2013 12:03:26 PM >

(in reply to ellengard)
Post #: 10
RE: How do I create 2 Columns in the Day layout? - 2/28/2013 4:26:33 PM   
ellengard

Unfortunately, a 24 hour two column display is not possible in CC12. I was able to make something similar using PDFs, but it's a lot of extra work.

Maybe Excel or Word using tables?

(in reply to FOX47)
Post #: 11
RE: How do I create 2 Columns in the Day layout? - 3/4/2013 8:32:27 AM   
FOX47

Alright... thanks everyone for your help & advice.

Not sure why they'd leave out such a simple and basic function, but I guess they had their reasons. Obviously this program won't work for our needs anymore.

Thanks again!

(in reply to ellengard)
Post #: 12
RE: How do I create 2 Columns in the Day layout? - 3/4/2013 5:04:14 PM   
CrystalE

quote:

Not sure why they'd leave out such a simple and basic function, but I guess they had their reasons.

When Calendar Creator was created around 1990 by PowerUP, Calendar Creator was designed for home/personal use only (Birthdays, Anniversaries, appointments and other special home/personal events). When Broderbund acquired the rights to Calendar Creator then redesigned the interface, no new features or options were added (other than the upgrades which were required for compatibility with the newer Operating Systems and newer printers. So, Calendar Creator has never been specifically designed for commercial use or for use by any group which requires large numbers of events in a single day cell.

(in reply to FOX47)
Post #: 13
RE: How do I create 2 Columns in the Day layout? - 3/5/2013 5:25:57 AM   
FOX47

CrystalE: They may not have added any new features, but they sure got rid of some. The ability to do 2 columns in a Day layout was on the first or second tab of the Properties window in CCPlus. Just check the box and, voila! Done. Which is where my frustration lies. But, like I said, I guess they had their reasons.

Thanks again everyone for your help. It is greatly appreciated.
Have a wonderful day! :)

(in reply to CrystalE)
Post #: 14
RE: How do I create 2 Columns in the Day layout? - 3/5/2013 6:08:50 AM   
DEJenc3

Hello, FOX47,

One last suggestion: If you use Microsoft Office, there's a chance you could improvise something that could work.

You could create 2 styles based on the daily style, with one being for 12am to noon and the other from noon to midnight (or whatever). There's a page size "Letter Half" that prints on half the vertical page. You could try to print the day first with the style you create for the first half, and then re-feed the paper and print with the other style. Since I don't know how you'd get around one side being upside down on the single page, you could probably fuss around with printing to pdf and using the Adobe Reader printer to manipulate page orientation.

I looked at the calendar in Outlook 2003 and I don't know what newer versions might offer.

Of course I haven't tried any of this, but I thought there might be some hope in trying if you want to experiment, and could put up with what would likely be a very clumsy routine for printing the calendar every day.

David

(in reply to FOX47)
Post #: 15
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Product Forums] >> [Productivity Software] >> [Calendar Creator] >> CC General Functionality >> How do I create 2 Columns in the Day layout? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Please Note: In order to post a message on the forums, you will need to become an Encore Forum Member. Click on the Register link on the top of this page and follow the instructions to become an Encore Forum Member.

If you are a new member and need help using these forums, please click on the FAQ link at the top of this page.

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4