Encore Forums Encore Forums

Knowledgebase  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

4 up postcards

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Product Forums] >> [Productivity Software] >> The Print Shop 3.0 >> 4 up postcards Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
4 up postcards - 3/8/2013 10:47:23 AM   
holly@aquahomes.com

I am having trouble getting 4 up postcards to print correctly. What size paper works and/or did I not save my custom size correctly? I am getting 4 mini postcards printed in the middle of the page. It would certainly make life easy if they had a 4 up template like in earlier versions.

added by moderator
See http://forums.encoreusa.com/tm.asp?m=47015
If the advice there does not work for you, use the advice in this thread.

< Message edited by lindarobin -- 7/17/2013 7:08:08 PM >
Post #: 1
RE: postcard printing incorrectly - 3/8/2013 8:45:59 PM   
ellengard

Use letter size stock. Do everything portrait orientation. I have tried landscape orientation before and get mixed results i.e. sometimes the cards print way off center.

You can do your landscape design, then group everything and rotate so it fits in the portrait oriented workspace.

< Message edited by lindarobin -- 7/17/2013 6:14:25 PM >

(in reply to holly@aquahomes.com)
Post #: 2
RE: postcard printing incorrectly - 3/8/2013 9:08:10 PM   
ellengard

Example: With my 4up custom postcard template, I designed my card and rotated it. The Print Preview shows how it will print on my letter sized paper.

Attachment (1)

Post #: 3
RE: postcard printing incorrectly - 3/9/2013 11:46:19 AM   
holly@aquahomes.com

When I get to the last step of selecting paper size, the custom size I created does not come up as an option.

Post #: 4
RE: postcard printing incorrectly - 3/9/2013 1:14:42 PM   
ellengard

quote:

ORIGINAL: holly@aquahomes.com
When I get to the last step of selecting paper size, the custom size I created does not come up as an option.

Selecting paper size is one of the FIRST steps, so let's start from the very beginning.
  1. Click the icon to start a blank project.
  2. Choose Postcard, Double-sided.
  3. Click New.
  4. Now fill in the Custom Paper Stock exactly as shown in this screen capture.
  5. Click Save.

Now your custom stock shows up like in my screen capture in post #2 (where I said Letter size stock, each card is 4.25 wide, 5.5 high.) Select your new stock and click Create.

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by ellengard -- 3/9/2013 1:19:52 PM >

Post #: 5
RE: postcard printing incorrectly - 3/9/2013 5:04:09 PM   
holly@aquahomes.com

Thank you! I started over and they now print correctly! Having to work in portrait format and rotating each item is not optimal, but I am happy to have it working! I will try starting with landscape next time and see if I can get it to work correctly that way.

Thanks again for your help!

< Message edited by lindarobin -- 7/17/2013 6:11:06 PM >

(in reply to ellengard)
Post #: 6
RE: postcard printing incorrectly - 3/9/2013 6:13:29 PM   
ellengard

quote:

ORIGINAL: holly@aquahomes.com
... Having to work in portrait format and rotating each item is not optimal, but I am happy to have it working! I will try starting with landscape next time and see if I can get it to work correctly that way.

Thanks again for your help!

You're welcome. Rotating each item is extra work. Complete your design, then rotate the whole group one time.

Post #: 7
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Product Forums] >> [Productivity Software] >> The Print Shop 3.0 >> 4 up postcards Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Please Note: In order to post a message on the forums, you will need to become an Encore Forum Member. Click on the Register link on the top of this page and follow the instructions to become an Encore Forum Member.

If you are a new member and need help using these forums, please click on the FAQ link at the top of this page.

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4