Encore Forums Encore Forums

Knowledgebase  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

how do i erase a line

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Product Forums] >> [Productivity Software] >> PrintMaster 2012 >> how do i erase a line Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
how do i erase a line - 3/21/2013 9:39:54 AM   
yahsc

there is a fold line in the preset template for a brochure, how can i eraser the fold line so that is does not show on the finished brochure?
Post #: 1
RE: how do i erase a line - 3/21/2013 10:18:38 AM   
ellengard

Uncheck printing die lines as shown in this screen capture.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to yahsc)
Post #: 2
RE: how do i erase a line - 3/21/2013 10:28:02 AM   
yahsc

Thank you, I did try that and it does not work. This is for my work, so I really need it to look professional. Any other suggestions?
Trish

(in reply to ellengard)
Post #: 3
RE: how do i erase a line - 3/21/2013 10:31:44 AM   
yahsc

I will click on the Erase Die Lines, as you indicate, and then click print and it still prints out the line

(in reply to yahsc)
Post #: 4
RE: how do i erase a line - 3/21/2013 11:01:44 AM   
ellengard

I finally found a brochure template that printed the fold lines. (There appear to be several brochures that don't have fold lines that print.)

When I couldn't remove the fold lines, I came up with a workaround. I added new blank pages to the project. These have no fold lines. Then I went back to the first page, selected all, copied and pasted into a new blank page. Repeat with page two. Then delete the pages with the fold lines. (Edit| Delete Page)

It would be easier if I could just find a "layers" box, identify the layer with the fold lines and then just delete that layer. No such luck here.

(in reply to yahsc)
Post #: 5
RE: how do i erase a line - 3/25/2013 7:34:26 AM   
yahsc

quote:

I finally found a brochure template that printed the fold lines. (There appear to be several brochures that don't have fold lines that print.)

When I couldn't remove the fold lines, I came up with a workaround. I added new blank pages to the project. These have no fold lines. Then I went back to the first page, selected all, copied and pasted into a new blank page. Repeat with page two. Then delete the pages with the fold lines. (Edit| Delete Page)

It would be easier if I could just find a "layers" box, identify the layer with the fold lines and then just delete that layer. No such luck here.

graphics design and desktop publishing

It worked, too bad that we have tog o to these lengths, but as long as it does the job, I guess it is worth it. THANKS SO MUCH! You are great!

(in reply to ellengard)
Post #: 6
RE: how do i erase a line - 3/25/2013 9:27:48 AM   
ellengard

You are welcome. Hopefully you'll not run into this situation often because other brochure templates don't have printing die lines.

(in reply to yahsc)
Post #: 7
RE: how do i erase a line - 3/25/2013 8:00:55 PM   
ellengard

I FOUND IT! Edit | Unlock All Page Objects
Now you can select the fold line and delete it.

I was working in Serif Digital Scrapbook Artist 2 and came upon a locked layer. The word "locked" hit me so I opened PM and sure enough, found the word "lock".

(in reply to yahsc)
Post #: 8
RE: how do i erase a line - 3/26/2013 1:40:22 PM   
gosandi

Sorry- I'm kind of highjacking this thread - only because I can't seem to find the "post" icon (I'm a noob to this forum). What I'm wondering is - is here a way to import a photo from my computer's "pictures" to a brochure I'm working on? Thanks! And again, my apologies for the highjack!

Sandi Bradford

(in reply to yahsc)
Post #: 9
RE: how do i erase a line - 3/26/2013 4:30:05 PM   
ellengard

Click on the forum e.g. PrintMaster 2012, then click the New Post button on the left to start a new thread. Is your question about PrintMaster 2012? If so, there is the big Photos tab on the side bar and also the big Add Photo icon on the main toolbar. You can't miss it.

< Message edited by ellengard -- 3/26/2013 4:34:07 PM >

(in reply to gosandi)
Post #: 10
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Product Forums] >> [Productivity Software] >> PrintMaster 2012 >> how do i erase a line Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Please Note: In order to post a message on the forums, you will need to become an Encore Forum Member. Click on the Register link on the top of this page and follow the instructions to become an Encore Forum Member.

If you are a new member and need help using these forums, please click on the FAQ link at the top of this page.

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4