Encore Forums Encore Forums

Knowledgebase  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

Only printing from January instead of current month

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Product Forums] >> [Productivity Software] >> [Calendar Creator] >> CC Printing Specific >> Only printing from January instead of current month Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Only printing from January instead of current month - 6/11/2013 3:39:29 AM   
roy.hutchings

I am having exactly the same problem as described in http://forums.encoreusa.com/tm.asp?m=24572

I am using Vista with CC9 and I have made the changes as described in that post. But it makes no difference.CC9 does recognise the input of English style dates (I am in UK) but it still starts printing at January when all I really want is this month. This is a huge waste of ink and paper to a senior user (age 84) who just wants to print out his regular schedules.

Is there some secret to the way the calandar should be set up initially so that I have a YEARLY calendar but want to print out only 1 month at a time.

FYI I used to be able to do this but had to reload the software and since that time I have had this printing problem.
Post #: 1
RE: Only printing from January instead of current month - 6/11/2013 11:01:34 AM   
ellengard

quote:

ORIGINAL: roy.hutchings
Is there some secret to the way the calandar should be set up initially so that I have a YEARLY calendar but want to print out only 1 month at a time.

Create a multiple page PDF. Then open the PDF in Adobe Reader and print only the selected page.

The only fix that I know of is the solution in the thread that you have already found.

The PDF method is a workaround. If you don't have a PDF program, there is a good one at http://cutepdf.com/Products/CutePDF/writer.asp and it is free.

(in reply to roy.hutchings)
Post #: 2
RE: Only printing from January instead of current month - 6/11/2013 12:54:19 PM   
moonrise

quote:

CC9 does recognise the input of English style dates (I am in UK) but it still starts printing at January when all I really want is this month.

All versions of Calendar Creator expect the dates to be entered in the U.S. format of Month, Day, Year. That is due to the fact that all Broderbund and Encore products, including Calendar Creator, are designed for use only in the U.S. and only on English versions of Windows.

(in reply to ellengard)
Post #: 3
RE: Only printing from January instead of current month - 6/11/2013 6:48:41 PM   
Salome

quote:

Calendar Creator is designed to format and display calendars in different views. There is a Year view and there is a Month view.

It is not possible to print only 1 month at a time when the Year view is being displayed.

In order to print 1 month at a time, the Month view must be displayed. Then, after clicking on Print, the month that is being displayed will be automatically selected for printing. If you choose to print a different month, you can either select that month then click on Print or you can change the Start Date and End Date on the Print Screen, keeping in mind that the Start Date and End Date must be entered in the U.S. format of Month, Day, Year. So, it might be easier to just select the month that you want to print before clicking on Print.

However, if your Regional settings are not properly set for the Month, Day, Year date format, as is explained in the post you referenced http://forums.encoreusa.com/tm.asp?m=24572 the desired month might not print.

(in reply to moonrise)
Post #: 4
RE: Only printing from January instead of current month - 6/11/2013 6:55:58 PM   
JasonC

quote:

ORIGINAL: ellengard

quote:

Create a multiple page PDF. Then open the PDF in Adobe Reader and print only the selected page.

The only fix that I know of is the solution in the thread that you have already found.

The PDF method is a workaround. If you don't have a PDF program, there is a good one at http://cutepdf.com/Products/CutePDF/writer.asp and it is free.

The custom page range worked for me.

Jason Carver
Encore Sales Department and Customer Service
www.encore.com
For Tech Support, visit http://support.encore.com

(in reply to ellengard)
Post #: 5
RE: Only printing from January instead of current month - 6/11/2013 9:17:09 PM   
wawawai

quote:

It is not possible to print only 1 month at a time when the Year view is being displayed.

It is also not possible to save a single month as a PDF when the Year view is being displayed.

(in reply to JasonC)
Post #: 6
RE: Only printing from January instead of current month - 6/12/2013 8:26:43 AM   
roy.hutchings

Thanks for all the feedback.

I have installed CutePDF (and its other required parts) and it works fine printing from other products i.e. I get a PDF document. But with Calendar Creator when I select CutePDF for printing it still tries to print to my default printer. This happens with both an XP and Vista installations in my house.

I have also tried various ways of inserting the date, both the American and the UK ways but I have noticed that whenever I change the start date for printing it changes itself to 1/1/2013 before I can even put in the finish date.

Somebody suggested that I look at the view settings for my calendar which makes me think about how I created the calendar in the first place - I now believe that this is probably the problem.

But with all the things going wrong I thought that the installation may be corrupt so thought about re-installing the product. But Windows will not let me un-install and neither will CC Cleaner or Easy Cleaner - something about InsUtl.dll could not be installed.

Anyway thanks for all your efforts - I will let you know what happens next.

Unless somebody has any further thoughts.

(in reply to wawawai)
Post #: 7
RE: Only printing from January instead of current month - 6/12/2013 9:44:34 AM   
roy.hutchings

I have now managed to uninstall and re-install CC9 on my XP system.

I set up a monthly view calendar and tried to use the CutePDF. Initially the dates for the range showed up as 6/1/2013 and 6/30/2013 (without any input from me since I was viewing a June Calendar). The application again tried to use my default printer, even though I had selected CutePDF - so I cancelled the printing. When I tried again the date range had changed to 1/1/2013 to 1/31/2013 without any further input from me (even though I am still viewing a June calendar).

Next I tried another PDF creator, PrimoPDF. This worked great with other apllications such as Outlook, IE, etc. But when I tried it with CC9 I got the same results as before - it goes to my default printer.

I am ready to launch my copy of CC9 from a very high place into the English Channel.

Post #: 8
RE: Only printing from January instead of current month - 6/12/2013 10:16:38 AM   
ellengard

quote:

... tried to use the CutePDF... Next I tried another PDF creator, PrimoPDF...

How very strange! I tried four different PDF printer drivers and all worked. I opened my calendar in month view which brings up the current month, then I clicked Print from the menu bar, selected my PDF printer from the drop down list and hit OK.

Is that the same procedure you did?

What if you changed your default printer in Control Panel, to one of your PDF printers?

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by ellengard -- 6/12/2013 10:35:53 AM >

Post #: 9
RE: Only printing from January instead of current month - 6/12/2013 12:41:47 PM   
CrystalE

quote:

when I select CutePDF for printing it still tries to print to my default printer. This happens with both an XP and Vista installations in my house.

There's a post here http://forums.encoreusa.com/tm.asp?m=24575 which says that Calendar Creator 9 will print to only the default printer.

quote:

I have also tried various ways of inserting the date, both the American and the UK ways but I have noticed that whenever I change the start date for printing it changes itself to 1/1/2013 before I can even put in the finish date.

That should not be happening, even if you are viewing a Year view. So, it might be a good idea to go back to the post you referenced earlier http://forums.encoreusa.com/tm.asp?m=24572 then walk through all of the steps again.

quote:

Windows will not let me un-install and neither will CC Cleaner or Easy Cleaner - something about InsUtl.dll could not be installed.

Since Calendar Creator 9 is a rather old program, having been released in 2002 (after WinXP was released but before WinVista was released), it is not specifically designed for either newer Operating Systems or Operating Systems outside the U.S. But, with any program which will not uninstall in the normal manner, it should be possible to perform a manual uninstall, by following the directions in this post http://forums.encoreusa.com/tm.asp?m=27430&mpage=1&key=欦

(in reply to ellengard)
Post #: 10
RE: Only printing from January instead of current month - 6/12/2013 1:18:36 PM   
lydia1740

Then, after the uninstall, you might want to check out the clean install post here http://forums.encoreusa.com/tm.asp?m=24104&mpage=1&key=帨 which is recommended for installing all software on all Operating Systems which are mentioned in the subject line of that post.

(in reply to CrystalE)
Post #: 11
RE: Only printing from January instead of current month - 6/12/2013 2:57:15 PM   
ellengard

To: moonrise, Salome, wawawai, CrystalE, lydia1740 (and Sam and Brandy)
Please use one member name when posting to a single thread. There is a false impression that several different people are replying.

(in reply to lydia1740)
Post #: 12
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Product Forums] >> [Productivity Software] >> [Calendar Creator] >> CC Printing Specific >> Only printing from January instead of current month Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Please Note: In order to post a message on the forums, you will need to become an Encore Forum Member. Click on the Register link on the top of this page and follow the instructions to become an Encore Forum Member.

If you are a new member and need help using these forums, please click on the FAQ link at the top of this page.

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4