Encore Forums Encore Forums

Knowledgebase  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

Calender Creator

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Product Forums] >> [Productivity Software] >> [Calendar Creator] >> CC General Functionality >> Calender Creator Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Calender Creator - 8/9/2013 1:07:01 PM   
viking37

I am a new member so please go easy on me. Just installed Cal Creator 12.1 on my Dell PC using Vista. I would like to know is can I remove all events from my old PC in CC2.0 (not connected and using XP) Burn to a CD. And how i can do it. Hate to have to key in all that info. Thanks in advance. Question prob. been answered before but couldn't find it. Ken
Post #: 1
RE: Calender Creator - 8/9/2013 4:23:22 PM   
DEJenc3

Hi, Ken,

You shouldn't have to reenter your data, and Calendar Creator 12.1 should be able to open your older version's calendars. On the Windows XP computer, they're probably in the My Documents folder.

You can copy them to a CD or flash drive, and then copy them to the Vista computer, and this would likely be the default location for them:

C:\Users\username\Documents\

Here is an Encore support document on opening calendar files from older versions:
http://support.encore.com/technicalsupport/kb.aspx?kb_id=1098&product_id=2685

The article will also identify the file extensions on the chance you're not sure which files to locate.

If you have problems along the way, post back to this thread.

David

(in reply to viking37)
Post #: 2
RE: Calender Creator - 8/10/2013 3:44:17 AM   
viking37

Thanks for the fast response. Will try to find event list in my document files. Hope i can still remember how to use XP.

(in reply to DEJenc3)
Post #: 3
RE: Calender Creator - 8/11/2013 1:53:05 AM   
viking37

Hi again.
Found files under Windows. Copied and they went into 12.1 with no problem. Thanks again.You hit the answer on the head. While i have you,my old version(2.0) allowed me to put in a birthday and it would progress the day year by year. As 25th advances to 26th and so on. Does the new version have the same option?

(in reply to DEJenc3)
Post #: 4
RE: Calender Creator - 8/11/2013 5:30:14 AM   
DEJenc3

Hi, Ken,

I'm glad you found the files. With luck, they were in the location I mentioned.

There's a similar way to handle birthdays in Calendar Creator 12.1, using an Advance Repeat Rule.

There was a recent discussion here, that included screen shots that should make it clear:
http://forums.encoreusa.com/fb.asp?m=47019

David

(in reply to viking37)
Post #: 5
RE: Calender Creator - 8/11/2013 6:34:51 PM   
viking37

Last time David. Birthdays work ok using & preceding birthday. Is there a symbol for Anniversary. Looked all over and cant find any example to cause anniversary to advance in count.

(in reply to DEJenc3)
Post #: 6
RE: Calender Creator - 8/12/2013 5:49:56 AM   
DEJenc3

Hi, Ken,

Yes, there's a function "&anniv" for anniversaries.

You can see this, and several other functions under the "Function" button in an event's properties.

Use the CC Help and locate "Applying Text Functions" either via the Index or Search. It will give more details on using the functions when you need them.

David

(in reply to viking37)
Post #: 7
RE: Calender Creator - 8/12/2013 7:58:16 AM   
viking37

David your the best. Using 12.1 just like the old version. Many thanks. Ken

(in reply to DEJenc3)
Post #: 8
RE: Calender Creator - 8/12/2013 4:13:01 PM   
DEJenc3

Glad it worked out. You'll continue to learn the way Calendar Creator 12.1 does things, and you'll be fine.

It's useful to copy or backup your calendars from time to time, especially when the program is partially new to you.

David

(in reply to viking37)
Post #: 9
RE: Calender Creator - 8/12/2013 5:54:51 PM   
viking37

Working fantastic. Will backup often. You have been a great help. Ken

(in reply to DEJenc3)
Post #: 10
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Product Forums] >> [Productivity Software] >> [Calendar Creator] >> CC General Functionality >> Calender Creator Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Please Note: In order to post a message on the forums, you will need to become an Encore Forum Member. Click on the Register link on the top of this page and follow the instructions to become an Encore Forum Member.

If you are a new member and need help using these forums, please click on the FAQ link at the top of this page.

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4