Encore Forums Encore Forums

Knowledgebase  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

custom label problem

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Product Forums] >> [Productivity Software] >> PrintMaster 6.0 (released 2013) >> custom label problem Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
custom label problem - 9/7/2013 10:34:06 AM   
geri

I purchased PrintMaster v6 Platinum to use when printing Avery Shipping label #8168 (#5168 Avery template). Neither label is listed on the drop down menu under labels in the program. I tried to use "custom", putting in the size 3.5 x 5 and it does not come out in the correct layout to print the labels. Can someone please help me? Thank you.

< Message edited by lindarobin -- 8/12/2014 11:53:50 PM >
Post #: 1
RE: Using Avery Label #5186 Template in PrintMaster v6 ... - 9/7/2013 1:46:20 PM   
ellengard

What did you input for the horizontal and vertical gaps? This is very important and must be accurate because the program will determine the position of the labels based on these measurements.

(in reply to geri)
Post #: 2
RE: Using Avery Label #5186 Template in PrintMaster v6 ... - 9/7/2013 9:34:15 PM   
ellengard

Hi, geri,

Very strange. I just tried to make two different custom labels. One worked perfectly and the other did not. The inconsistency is odd. The one that didn't was 3.5x5. I tried different combinations and it wouldn't give me 4 labels/page even with zero gaps and no margins. It's definitely buggy.

The only alternative that I can think of is to create your design on a blank 8.5x11 sign project. Make your design fit in a 3.5x5 rectangle. Group it and copy/paste it to get four labels, then position them within guide lines representing where the actual labels fit. I think that would be 0.5" from the top and bottom of the paper; 0.5" from the sides and 0.5" gap going down the middle.

The Avery site has a free label printing program for all of their label stocks. You may find that is a workable solution. You can still create custom graphics with your PrintMaster program and export them as JPGs to be used in the Avery program.

< Message edited by ellengard -- 9/7/2013 9:47:56 PM >

(in reply to geri)
Post #: 3
RE: Using Avery Label #5186 Template in PrintMaster v6 ... - 9/8/2013 4:25:05 PM   
geri

Thank you, Ellen. I will give it a try!

(in reply to ellengard)
Post #: 4
RE: Using Avery Label #5186 Template in PrintMaster v6 ... - 8/13/2014 1:10:47 AM   
lindarobin

Note: program bug with custom labels taller than 4".

(in reply to ellengard)
Post #: 5
RE: Using Avery Label #5186 Template in PrintMaster v6 ... - 8/13/2014 6:36:31 AM   
DH

Noted

(in reply to lindarobin)
Post #: 6
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Product Forums] >> [Productivity Software] >> PrintMaster 6.0 (released 2013) >> custom label problem Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Please Note: In order to post a message on the forums, you will need to become an Encore Forum Member. Click on the Register link on the top of this page and follow the instructions to become an Encore Forum Member.

If you are a new member and need help using these forums, please click on the FAQ link at the top of this page.

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4