Encore Forums Encore Forums

Knowledgebase  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

greeting cards

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Product Forums] >> [Productivity Software] >> PrintMaster 2012 >> greeting cards Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
greeting cards - 9/22/2013 8:11:10 AM   
RaeLa

I just purchased print master 2012 platinum to make greeting cards and other things I use several times a week. I'm used to American greetings an old version. Couldn't find that for a Mac so settled for this. I am not real computer literate & nervous about goofing things up so bought software. Can't find the text that should go with the cards. Is there no procreated texts? If I was good at coming up with sayings & sentiments for each card I wouldn't need a program. To say I'm disappointed is mild. Also the letterhead looks very limited in examples that are really for stationary, letterhead etc. Like having borders like in American Greetings. American Greetings was so easy to use, this is stupid. It looks like the return policy is more difficult than it is worth. I am frustrated. No physical instructions & the video tutorials don't walk you through creating a card from start to finish or letterhead start to finish, what about the beginner with this software? I found no way to get real assistance. No place to call nor email for real assistance to what is probably a simple problem. Can anyone help?

< Message edited by RaeLa -- 9/22/2013 8:31:38 AM >
Post #: 1
RE: greeting cards - 9/22/2013 9:01:10 AM   
JasonC

RaeLa ,

I'm so happy you decided to stop by here for help. I do understand how frustrating things can get in the world of technology, even with the knowledge I have I still have to ask for help myself sometimes

We have a couple of people on these forums who are very knowledgeable in these products, they will see your posts soon and will be able to help you out from here on :)

Thanks for your patience and I hope you are having a wonderful Sunday.

< Message edited by TMLFAN4LIFE -- 9/22/2013 9:02:33 AM >

Jason Carver
Encore Sales Department and Customer Service
www.encore.com
For Tech Support, visit http://support.encore.com

(in reply to RaeLa)
Post #: 2
RE: greeting cards - 9/22/2013 9:46:40 AM   
Petuniapus

Rael a: I have been using Printmaster for years and I found the best version is Printmaster 11. You can contact Printmaster by going to the company that makes it: Broderbund.com. On their webpage you can contact them and maybe swap your program with another, preferably Printmaster 11. I don't have a mac I have windows 7 and it has served me well for years. I comes with several CD's of clipart and text templates too. Good luck. It is simple to use too.

(in reply to RaeLa)
Post #: 3
RE: greeting cards - 9/22/2013 12:25:26 PM   
ellengard

Hi, RaeLa,

I can help you with your projects. Let's pick one specific project and go from there. There are hundreds of ready-made templates to choose from. All the templates and art are stored online. I believe there is also a PrintMaster/ Print Shop sentiments library.

I'm on PC, not Mac, but I'm hoping the program interfaces are similar enough for us to work together.

(in reply to RaeLa)
Post #: 4
RE: greeting cards - 9/22/2013 6:03:14 PM   
ellengard

Hi, RaeLa,

When I click Greeting Cards from the list of ready-made projects, I see that there are 1584 card templates to choose from. Please choose a design you like and tell me the name of it (e.g. Friends Collage) so I can download it also, and help you step-by-step through to printing your card.
---------------------
Here's Broderbund's sentiments library:
http://printshop.com/sentiments.aspx

and you can google for other sites with quotes and poems for cards.

< Message edited by ellengard -- 9/22/2013 6:11:21 PM >

(in reply to RaeLa)
Post #: 5
RE: greeting cards - 9/22/2013 7:13:28 PM   
ellengard

quote:

ORIGINAL: Petuniapus
... I have been using Printmaster for years and I found the best version is Printmaster 11.

The current and last update for PrintMaster 11 is PrintMaster Platinum 18.1, which is available on broderbund.com. Version 11 was discontinued many years ago, but you would find 18.1 very similar.

All later PrintMaster programs are "powered by StoryRock". The StoryRock program is totally different, but I wouldn't say it is a lot harder to learn. It's just different, so learning it is about as hard as learning PrintMaster 11 from the very beginning.

These later versions of PrintMaster have superior graphics and layouts, IMHO. You can see an example here:
http://forums.encoreusa.com/tm.asp?m=47059

However, some of the features that are considered less hobby and crafts and more for small business, were taken out, but can be found in The Print Shop 3.0/3.5. (e.g. Address Book and Mail Merging)

(in reply to Petuniapus)
Post #: 6
RE: greeting cards - 9/23/2013 6:08:11 AM   
RaeLa

Ellen,
Thank you for your response, hopefully together we can work this out. I am 65 and have always been computer nervous. I chose a software program so I wouldn't have to go on line, ha ha! A lover the American Greetings program & it worked well. The old wp computer I used still works but the printer died & the new printers aren't compatible with it. So now on the new mac beginning from scratch. This is the 2013 edition of printmaster platinum by the way.

I have a hard time getting on computer for extended time as husband thinks I'm wasting time, so this in its self is a challenge. We deal with neurological issues. I'm hoping maybe you could give me step by step instructions that I could print out and try. It might work better. Be very basic. To be honest I will probably use the letterhead more often. Each month I send a letter to 6 ladies in my church telling them things that are happening, new about others in church (illnesses, births, etc) I went into letterhead looking for a simple border to make the letter look fall-ish. Just wanter it to go around the edge of page. Most things I saw had places for photos to go or if I tried to make them larger to cover the entire page they distorted.

I also send personalized letters to great-grandkids & grandkids each year. All my grandkids are adults & still want their letters. Didn't see much good art wise in software. Hopefully you can help me get comfortable in going to the internet if need be. I hope you can maybe give be basic simple steps I can print out & experiment with. If you think you can help that would be great. The more basic the better. Just step by step. I don't need to know why just how. Step 1. go to letterhead step to go to borders can find anything go to a sight on internet. if I go somewhere on internet is there a way to save it on my computer? How? where? will it show up on my desktop? You may say button in upper right if there is a drop down .

I truly hope I'm an easy basic person. We older people miss the manuals with pictures. I know things are way more complicated now & manuals would be huge. I only use a few things on this software hopefully I will get comfortable. I you can help me I will be forever grateful . And you will get gold stars from those I correspond with in this manner.

(in reply to ellengard)
Post #: 7
RE: greeting cards - 9/23/2013 10:43:26 AM   
ellengard

OK, then, how about we make a fall theme stationery?

(in reply to RaeLa)
Post #: 8
RE: greeting cards - 9/23/2013 11:23:32 AM   
RaeLa

Stationary would be great!!!! Sorry I'm in line hit & miss. I'm going to try with the software I loaded again too. I keep hoping if I keep trying I'll figure it out.

(in reply to ellengard)
Post #: 9
RE: greeting cards - 9/23/2013 1:24:30 PM   
ellengard

Take a look at the ready-made newsletter templates. I think there are some nice fall/Thanksgiving themed ones. We can remove the text box columns and lightened the background, leaving you with a nice stationery for letter writing.

(in reply to RaeLa)
Post #: 10
RE: greeting cards - 9/23/2013 5:23:54 PM   
ellengard

Do you like this? I started with a Happy Thanksgiving newsletter template, removed some graphics and added a clipart. Can you get to this point or would you prefer I email you a high quality JPG of this?

I'll help you with the print settings, once you have your project design completed.

If your printer does not do borderless printing, you'll have to imagine this with a white margin.

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by ellengard -- 9/23/2013 5:27:22 PM >

(in reply to RaeLa)
Post #: 11
RE: greeting cards - 9/23/2013 5:47:36 PM   
ellengard

If you start a new, blank letterhead project, you can add a clipart from the Borders category. I saw hundreds of beautiful borders and corner decorations that would make gorgeous stationery.

Some quick examples:

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by ellengard -- 9/23/2013 6:06:33 PM >

(in reply to RaeLa)
Post #: 12
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Product Forums] >> [Productivity Software] >> PrintMaster 2012 >> greeting cards Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Please Note: In order to post a message on the forums, you will need to become an Encore Forum Member. Click on the Register link on the top of this page and follow the instructions to become an Encore Forum Member.

If you are a new member and need help using these forums, please click on the FAQ link at the top of this page.

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4