Encore Forums Encore Forums

Knowledgebase  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

Print alignment - HP printer

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Product Forums] >> [Productivity Software] >> The Print Shop 3.5 >> Print alignment - HP printer Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Print alignment - HP printer - 11/21/2013 9:07:51 AM   
friend123

I cannot get my printer and your program to talk to each other I don't understand what numbers they want you to put in Which is line A B etc.
When I go to print cards out the printer doesn't match up with the program.

< Message edited by lindarobin -- 8/12/2014 9:27:46 PM >
Post #: 1
RE: Print alignment - 11/21/2013 2:52:13 PM   
ellengard

First, do the test print and ignore the stuff about Line A and B. Once you print the test, you will see on the paper, Line A and Line B.

If your alignment is perfect, Line A and Line B are perfectly centered. So I suspect that those lines did NOT print centered. So now you measure the distance from the edges of the paper, to the lines and fill in that info. That lets the printer know how far off the alignment is and it should readjust accordingly.

< Message edited by lindarobin -- 8/12/2014 9:26:20 PM >

(in reply to friend123)
Post #: 2
RE: Print alignment - 1/23/2014 7:06:49 AM   
klavelle

I am having the same problem! Even after making custom paper with the identical measurements as the avery template thinking maybe it was a glitch and hours with technical support with software/dell/hp, no success. Even bought a new printer and I can't print out my business cards or 5 x 7 greeting cards. No matter how we set the margins, it defaults back to 1 inch margins!!! So frustrating. We even saved it as a PDF and tried to print from Adobe and having to mess around with advanced settings (borderless printing, etc. ) will only print one side at a time correctly.
It should print correctly from the program!!!

(in reply to ellengard)
Post #: 3
RE: Print alignment - 1/23/2014 10:32:57 AM   
ellengard

quote:

ORIGINAL: klavelle
... Even bought a new printer and I can't print out my business cards or 5 x 7 greeting cards. No matter how we set the margins, it defaults back to 1 inch margins!!!

Are you doing the standard 10-up Avery business cards? As a test, I opened up one of the pre-designed bus card templates and it printed fine. The Save As PDF worked, too, even the fonts were embedded. The PDF prints fine.

Please do a Save As PDF for a bus card project and post a screen capture so I can see how far off the margins are.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to klavelle)
Post #: 4
RE: Print alignment - 1/24/2014 1:52:37 PM   
klavelle

I am ecstatic... after over 10 hours with tech support with Dell/HP/Printshop etc... I just returned my HP 7520 printer and replaced it with an Epson xp810. Perfection from the first project in Print Shop which had been unsuccessful from PDF's JPEGs and multiple other programs when connected to the HP printer. I don't understand how a printer could be the cause but it was.

(in reply to ellengard)
Post #: 5
RE: Print alignment - 1/24/2014 2:12:53 PM   
ellengard

I'm so glad your Epson printer is working well with this program! When you indicated that even printing a PDF was troublesome, I suspected something amiss with your other printer. It's unusual that printers have trouble with PDFs.

(in reply to klavelle)
Post #: 6
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Product Forums] >> [Productivity Software] >> The Print Shop 3.5 >> Print alignment - HP printer Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Please Note: In order to post a message on the forums, you will need to become an Encore Forum Member. Click on the Register link on the top of this page and follow the instructions to become an Encore Forum Member.

If you are a new member and need help using these forums, please click on the FAQ link at the top of this page.

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4