Encore Forums Encore Forums

Knowledgebase  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

Everything is blurry

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Product Forums] >> [Productivity Software] >> The Print Shop 3.5 >> Everything is blurry Page: [1] 2   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Everything is blurry - 12/11/2013 9:28:22 AM   
amz123

Ive used several versions of Printshop and just purchased the 3.5 version.

When I use a healdline, it comes out as if its normal, then quickly goes blurry as it "sets" into place. It prints blurry too.
I did realize through messing around with it that if I use text boxes instead of headlines, it doesnt look blurry on the screen, but will still print blurry.

This program is completely useless to me while it does this. Ive called and have not gotten any help resolving this.

Any help is appreciated!
Post #: 1
RE: Everything is blurry - 12/11/2013 9:49:53 AM   
JasonC

There is a 3.5.2 update where it is supposed to fix this behavior.

See here for more details.

http://forums.encoreusa.com/tm.asp?m=47687

Jason Carver
Encore Sales Department and Customer Service
www.encore.com
For Tech Support, visit http://support.encore.com

(in reply to amz123)
Post #: 2
RE: Everything is blurry - 12/11/2013 10:21:04 AM   
ellengard

Jason beat me to it!

Attachment (1)

(in reply to amz123)
Post #: 3
RE: Everything is blurry - 12/11/2013 10:33:11 AM   
JasonC

Just for future reference, you can save the update.exe file, perhaps to a flash drive, so if you have to reinstall the Print Shop 3.5 in the future, all you need to do is double click the update.exe file the program downloaded and it will update to the latest edition.

Jason Carver
Encore Sales Department and Customer Service
www.encore.com
For Tech Support, visit http://support.encore.com

(in reply to amz123)
Post #: 4
RE: Everything is blurry - 12/16/2013 11:01:59 AM   
storegirl

I have done the Update to no avail. I have emailed back and forth with tech support and so far no tangible help. This is a major issue with me. I have used Printshop in several versions (Printshop 32.1 Deluxe still the best all around easy to use version) but I DO like many of the features in this new 3.5 Professional but PLEASE can they find a complete FIX???? Desperate as I use it in my store for a myriad of tasks!!!

(in reply to JasonC)
Post #: 5
RE: Everything is blurry - 12/16/2013 4:35:53 PM   
storegirl

I meant 23.1 sorry not 32.1 any answers though to the blurry issue after having done the update?

(in reply to storegirl)
Post #: 6
RE: Everything is blurry - 12/16/2013 5:47:23 PM   
ellengard

Yes, headlines are blurry for me, too. Playing around with headlines and with regular text, I made something that looked pretty good, but I did have to fuss with it. (Using two regular text boxes as I suggested in your other thread, is simpler.)

Do your headline with the outlines and colors you want. Then add a text box containing the same word, in a font size that matches your headline. Bold it. Make the font color anything except the headline fill color.

Bring your headline under the text box and resize it so it looks like it is outlining your regular text. I found that adding extra blur to the headline, gave my text a nice glow effect. The text stays super sharp because no effects are applied to it.

If your headline is quite long, I found it better to make two or more text boxes and then it was easier to position the separate boxes over the headline.

(in reply to storegirl)
Post #: 7
RE: Everything is blurry - 12/16/2013 5:50:52 PM   
storegirl

well that sounds interesting to be sure I will try it however I hope they fix it as I am usually far to busy in my store to fuss much you know? Do your business cards print nice and sharp? At first mine did and now they look good but PRINT blurry....sigh

(in reply to ellengard)
Post #: 8
RE: Everything is blurry - 12/16/2013 6:04:03 PM   
ellengard

Here is an example of my "fussing".
I get my business cards professionally printed, so for me that means PDF with high res graphics with embedded fonts, and bleed area. I need other programs to create such a thing.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to storegirl)
Post #: 9
RE: Everything is blurry - 12/16/2013 6:13:03 PM   
storegirl

okay that has an interesting effect and yes to get REALLY sharp I'm sure other programs would help but I still maintain they should get the blur out of this one no??

(in reply to ellengard)
Post #: 10
RE: Everything is blurry - 12/16/2013 6:27:53 PM   
ellengard

quote:

You just gave me an idea. I'm going to make a headline in a separate project and export it as a high res JPG. Then I will bring the JPG into a business card project. Will get back to you with a screen capture.
(from your other thread)

It worked. Design your headline and save as JPG. Don't wait for a fix as it may not happen until version 3.6.

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by ellengard -- 12/16/2013 6:32:16 PM >

(in reply to storegirl)
Post #: 11
RE: Everything is blurry - 12/16/2013 6:33:52 PM   
storegirl

OH what a good idea, I keep forgetting about the JPG GREAT!! THANKS a BUNCH!! Will try that for sure!

(in reply to ellengard)
Post #: 12
RE: Everything is blurry - 12/16/2013 6:44:31 PM   
storegirl

OH well for WHATEVER reason even the JPG goes blurry when I import it into the smaller project such as a business card...I give up....sadly OH I just see you said export it, I saved it....back to the drawing board lol

< Message edited by storegirl -- 12/16/2013 6:45:56 PM >

(in reply to storegirl)
Post #: 13
RE: Everything is blurry - 12/16/2013 6:53:37 PM   
storegirl

How do you export I don't see that option?

(in reply to storegirl)
Post #: 14
RE: Everything is blurry - 12/16/2013 7:07:15 PM   
ellengard

Sorry, I used export as JPG and save as JPG interchangeably.

I'm disappointed - the JPG looked so sharp in my print preview. Hmm... I'll see if I can come up with something else...

(in reply to storegirl)
Post #: 15
RE: Everything is blurry - 12/16/2013 8:08:18 PM   
ellengard

It's possible that with the recent updates, the program requires the latest printer driver. Please check with your printer manufacturer's website, for the most current driver for your operating system.

This graphic that I made in Photo Shop, prints very sharp at 3 inches wide, but not when I use it in Print Shop 3.5. So I'm going to check for new printer drivers, too.

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by ellengard -- 12/16/2013 8:10:15 PM >

(in reply to storegirl)
Post #: 16
RE: Everything is blurry - 12/16/2013 8:48:09 PM   
storegirl

I appreciate you working on this so much. It is pretty important to me to have this feature working so I am hopeful for some kind of a fix...which template or lable size are you creating it in do you then have to crop it? I might not be doing it right because what you seem to do looks right on here...hmm wish you could stand at my computer lol

(in reply to ellengard)
Post #: 17
RE: Everything is blurry - 12/16/2013 9:49:37 PM   
ellengard

There will be no fix in the near future. Email me your *.proj file. Let me see what I can do with it using my more sophisticated programs. I will send you my email address.

(in reply to storegirl)
Post #: 18
RE: Everything is blurry - 12/17/2013 6:57:13 AM   
storegirl

I will DO this as soon as I go to my store. what programs do you use? Maybe I need the sophisticated ones :) Do they do all the labels and envelopes and projects like this? Are they user friendly? I maybe need to change to something else. I have always LOVED the Print Shop 23.1 Deluxe version and the only reason i upgraded to the 3.5 professional is that I am afraid one day if I have to replace my computer that I might be left high and dry without any program that I can work with...

(in reply to ellengard)
Post #: 19
RE: Everything is blurry - 12/18/2013 10:59:00 AM   
ellengard

quote:

ORIGINAL: storegirl
... I have always LOVED the Print Shop 23.1 Deluxe version...

Do you still have it installed? If yes, I would use it for making your business cards. From your information, I can confirm that I get the same fuzzy results as you when making a business card project in 3.5. I would avoid using 3.5's business card project.

This fuzziness may be limited to the more complex, multi-up projects such as business cards and labels. I'm going to do some testing to verify....

(in reply to storegirl)
Post #: 20
Page:   [1] 2   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Product Forums] >> [Productivity Software] >> The Print Shop 3.5 >> Everything is blurry Page: [1] 2   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Please Note: In order to post a message on the forums, you will need to become an Encore Forum Member. Click on the Register link on the top of this page and follow the instructions to become an Encore Forum Member.

If you are a new member and need help using these forums, please click on the FAQ link at the top of this page.

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4