Encore Forums Encore Forums

Knowledgebase  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

labels not saving in 23.1 deluxe

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Product Forums] >> [Productivity Software] >> [The Print Shop 23.1 and older] >> PS General functionality >> labels not saving in 23.1 deluxe Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
labels not saving in 23.1 deluxe - 12/22/2013 12:52:30 PM   
storegirl

I'm trying to re-do some of my labels in Printshop 23.1 Deluxe using a new logo. It was going very well I was able
to make and save my new projects overwriting the old and suddenly some of them just won't save or open. HELP!

I get this error message:

There was an error saving file C:\Users\Lorna
McLeod\Documents\Printshop\1STORE\Food Labels\Beans10#\Garbanzo's Chick
Peas.$$$. Please try again.

ALSO some of them look right when I save them and then when I go back to re-open them again a whole text box will be missing....weird!
Post #: 1
RE: labels not saving in 23.1 deluxe - 12/22/2013 2:31:09 PM   
ellengard

Try saving the project with a name that has no special characters and no spaces. Only use alphas and numbers. See if that helps it save correctly.

(in reply to storegirl)
Post #: 2
RE: labels not saving in 23.1 deluxe - 12/22/2013 7:14:59 PM   
storegirl

this is REALLY weird, I went back and worked on them again and did the same thing as before (wanted to do that before trying your fix) and they are WORKING now. What is up with that? I had deleted before and tried and tried even rebooted my computer to no avail...now that I have bugged you it is working ... just plain weird...oh well glad it IS working again!

(in reply to ellengard)
Post #: 3
RE: labels not saving in 23.1 deluxe - 12/23/2013 6:55:40 PM   
ellengard

Hmm... that is strange and a little scary. I would back up any projects you make with 23.1. If the program crashes again when you try to save, your file may become corrupted and rendered useless. You'll need those back up files.

It also wouldn't hurt to NOT use special characters in filenames. There are still cases where special characters invalidate filenames, so it's just safer to avoid them.

(in reply to storegirl)
Post #: 4
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Product Forums] >> [Productivity Software] >> [The Print Shop 23.1 and older] >> PS General functionality >> labels not saving in 23.1 deluxe Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Please Note: In order to post a message on the forums, you will need to become an Encore Forum Member. Click on the Register link on the top of this page and follow the instructions to become an Encore Forum Member.

If you are a new member and need help using these forums, please click on the FAQ link at the top of this page.

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4