Encore Forums Encore Forums

Knowledgebase  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

error message

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Product Forums] >> [Productivity Software] >> The Print Shop 3.5 >> error message Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
error message - 12/25/2013 5:05:14 PM   
C.W.

I bought a new computer and now have Windows 8.1. I also purchased The P.S. Deluxe 3.5. I transferred the projects that I created on P.S. 23 Deluxe from my old computer that has Windows 7. I did this via Windows Easy Transfer. I have been attempting to open my projects in the 3.5 by using the "Open The Print Shop 23,22, or 21 Projects". All I get is an error message that says " '\' is an unexpected token. The expected token is '='. Line__, position__." The two "__" contain numbers that are different for each project. I'd appreciate your help with this problem. Thank you. Chris
Post #: 1
RE: error message - 12/25/2013 5:32:25 PM   
JasonC

We are not sure about the complete compatibility on Windows 8.1 I think there might be someone who can explain the errors on this particular issue but I don't know how to solve it personally. Hopefully someone can come along and give some insight to this.

Is the PS program you installed a clean install on the computer?

Jason Carver
Encore Sales Department and Customer Service
www.encore.com
For Tech Support, visit http://support.encore.com

(in reply to C.W.)
Post #: 2
RE: error message - 12/25/2013 7:09:15 PM   
C.W.

Thank you for your reply. Yes, I did do a clean install. However, if you think it will do any good, I'll uninstall the whole 3.5 using the Programs and Features in the Control Panel and then reinstall it.

Chris

(in reply to JasonC)
Post #: 3
RE: error message - 12/25/2013 7:40:59 PM   
JasonC

I'm trying to think here. That particular program does not launch on Windows 8.1 with appropriate administrator access. As a test, please right click on the icon for the Print Shop 3.5 select properties, and select the compatibility tab. Then look for the area where it says run this program in compatibility mode for, choose Windows 7 SP1 and check the box that says run as administrator and then try to open up these projects again.

If it works then we know it was fully functional in the previous version of Windows. If not, then someone might have to step in with their opinion on how to open these projects.

Just my two cents worth :)

Jason Carver
www.encore.com

(in reply to C.W.)
Post #: 4
RE: error message - 12/25/2013 7:42:31 PM   
JasonC

Also I want to know, did you already download the patch for this program that brings you up to 3.5.2 ?

Jason Carver
www.encore.com

(in reply to C.W.)
Post #: 5
RE: error message - 12/26/2013 7:11:33 AM   
C.W.

In answer to posts 4 and 5, I did as you suggested in post 4 and it made no difference. And, as mentioned in post 5, I checked the property details and it shows that I have version 3.5.2.0. However, in Programs and Features, the version is listed as 1.00.0000. I don't know if that matters. But I thought I'd mention it.

Chris

(in reply to JasonC)
Post #: 6
RE: error message - 12/26/2013 9:02:38 AM   
lindarobin

http://support.encore.com/technicalsupport/tech_support_frm.aspx?product_id=3256
Submit a tech support ticket. Yours is probably a Win 8.1 issue that we Print Shop users have no expert knowledge of.

(in reply to C.W.)
Post #: 7
RE: error message - 12/26/2013 12:05:49 PM   
C.W.

I've already sent two emails to them--one about a week ago and one yesterday. However, I haven't heard back.
But, I do appreciate the suggestions that the two of you have given.
Thank you.
Chris

(in reply to lindarobin)
Post #: 8
RE: error message - 12/26/2013 12:44:20 PM   
ellengard

I have v3.5 installed on Win 7 and my projects from v23.1 opened O.K. I think if you install v3.5 on your older Win 7 computer, you will find the program will work better. You may want to use your v23 program occasionally, too, since it has some features not found in 3.5.

(in reply to C.W.)
Post #: 9
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Product Forums] >> [Productivity Software] >> The Print Shop 3.5 >> error message Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Please Note: In order to post a message on the forums, you will need to become an Encore Forum Member. Click on the Register link on the top of this page and follow the instructions to become an Encore Forum Member.

If you are a new member and need help using these forums, please click on the FAQ link at the top of this page.

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4