Encore Forums Encore Forums

Knowledgebase  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

copy address book to another program?

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Product Forums] >> [Productivity Software] >> The Print Shop 3.5 >> copy address book to another program? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
copy address book to another program? - 1/19/2014 4:35:06 PM   
elcubed

Is there a way to print out the entries in the address book to create a manual address book or to move them into a Word document or Excel file?

< Message edited by lindarobin -- 8/12/2014 10:54:59 PM >

Lawrence Livornese
Post #: 1
RE: address book - 1/19/2014 7:00:33 PM   
ellengard

You can click-drag select the data in the Address Book, then copy and paste to Excel or Word.

(in reply to elcubed)
Post #: 2
RE: address book - 2/10/2014 9:05:34 AM   
gbrad

I would like to save my address book in another program. I do not know how to locate the file on my computer. You say click and drag into Word but I don't know where to click and drag what.

I have had so many issues with this program I need to cut my losses and get rid of it. After entering over 100 addresses in order to mail merge I am distressed that I cannot save this information. Please help

(in reply to ellengard)
Post #: 3
RE: address book - 2/10/2014 9:38:44 AM   
ellengard

quote:

ORIGINAL: gbrad
You say click and drag into Word but I don't know where to click and drag what.

No, I said "click-drag select the data" in the Address Book. This means: with the Address Book open, select the data the same way you select words from a sentence i.e. click and drag to highlight. Once you select the data, you can copy and paste it to an open Word doc.

< Message edited by ellengard -- 2/10/2014 9:40:23 AM >

(in reply to gbrad)
Post #: 4
RE: address book - 2/10/2014 10:17:11 AM   
ellengard

You can also click inside the Address Book and select all (Ctrl-A) instead of clicking and dragging to select.

(in reply to gbrad)
Post #: 5
RE: address book - 2/10/2014 9:50:26 PM   
CindyDickey

Previous versions (22 & 23) display up to 30 columns and allowed creation of many address books. In 3.5 I can't find where to display more columns or create more address books. I have been looking through 'help' but have not yet found the information I need. I'll take any help I can get. I am not enjoying learning this new version and windows 8 at the same time.

< Message edited by CindyDickey -- 2/10/2014 9:52:17 PM >

(in reply to elcubed)
Post #: 6
RE: address book - 2/11/2014 9:40:22 AM   
ellengard

There is only one Address Book in 3.5, but it has a Group function which allows you to organize contacts into different groups. Example groups could be friends, family, and business associates. It's like having several address books in one organized master address book.

Although more columns can't be displayed in the All Contacts window, each Contact does have his/her own Contact Details section to store and retrieve much more info such as anniversaries, birthday, spouse's name, children's names, their birthdays, business numbers, etc.

http://www.printshop.com/user-guide/35/address-book,-mail-merge,-and-event-reminders.aspx

(in reply to CindyDickey)
Post #: 7
RE: address book - 2/11/2014 10:30:42 AM   
CindyDickey

Thank you Ellen. Versions 22 and 23 also have the group function. I really do not like the 3.5 version, I am planning on dumping it as soon as I find something else. Would you happen to know of some other software that performs more like 22 & 23.

If I wanted to continue using Print Shop 22 on my XP computer would the address books continue to work even though XP support will stop.

I like the PDF converter on versions 22 & 23 on XP. This works well for creating ads to send to publications such as newspaper.

I have Print Shop 23 on a Windows 7 computer, will this be viable for a while?

< Message edited by CindyDickey -- 2/11/2014 10:48:34 AM >

(in reply to ellengard)
Post #: 8
RE: address book - 2/11/2014 11:31:44 AM   
supermousemom

Hello there, I am new to the forum. Never on a forum or blog before and I need help. Have searched for a forum addressing our need but doesn't exist. How do I get help with a topic that is not in the archives or a current forum? Sorry to insert this question into an unrelated topic. I'll get the hang of being part of a forum but need help getting going.

(in reply to elcubed)
Post #: 9
RE: address book - 2/11/2014 12:12:51 PM   
CindyDickey

I am new too. Go to the top of the page and click on FAQ.

(in reply to supermousemom)
Post #: 10
RE: address book - 2/11/2014 12:21:04 PM   
supermousemom

Yes, I already did that and did not find a method. Any other suggestions? Thanks.

Post #: 11
RE: address book - 2/11/2014 1:27:50 PM   
ellengard

quote:

ORIGINAL: CindyDickey
Would you happen to know of some other software that performs more like 22 & 23... I like the PDF converter on versions 22 & 23 on XP.

Have a look at Serif's Page Plus here:
http://www.broderbund.com/p-537-serif-pageplus-essentials-deluxe.aspx
It's a really good desktop publishing program that easily rivals the more expensive Microsoft Publisher, with a superior PDF convertor that embeds fonts for the best possible professional printing.

quote:

If I wanted to continue using Print Shop 22 on my XP computer would the address books continue to work even though XP support will stop.

Yes.

quote:

I have Print Shop 23 on a Windows 7 computer, will this be viable for a while?

Yes.

Post #: 12
RE: address book - 2/11/2014 1:28:20 PM   
CindyDickey

When you log in click on product forums then click on productivity software then click on the software you have a question about. At the top left there should be a 'new post' button.

Post #: 13
RE: address book - 2/11/2014 1:34:06 PM   
ellengard

quote:

ORIGINAL: supermousemom
How do I get help with a topic that is not in the archives or a current forum?

Always go to the forum for your product (see the bottom of this page where there is a "Jump to:" box) where you can start a new thread with the NewPost button.

Post #: 14
RE: address book - 2/11/2014 2:20:35 PM   
CindyDickey

Thank you Ellen. It is so nice to have people who understand computers and software helping those of us who don't.

Post #: 15
RE: address book - 2/11/2014 5:52:34 PM   
ellengard

You're welcome, Cindy. I understand if you stay with v23, but you are welcome to ask how to do stuff with 3.5. I've had it for awhile and I'm getting comfortable with it.

Post #: 16
RE: address book - 5/22/2014 8:55:18 AM   
grvierk

Brand new user to 3.5. Former user of Print Shop 6, 12, and 21 but I'm lost. I understand click-drag but cannot see how to copy what I've just selected.

(in reply to elcubed)
Post #: 17
RE: address book - 5/22/2014 9:42:46 AM   
ellengard

quote:

ORIGINAL: grvierk
... cannot see how to copy what I've just selected.

The keyboard shortcuts: Ctrl-C and Ctrl-V. Or select the graphic and right-click gives you copy and paste options.

(in reply to grvierk)
Post #: 18
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Product Forums] >> [Productivity Software] >> The Print Shop 3.5 >> copy address book to another program? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Please Note: In order to post a message on the forums, you will need to become an Encore Forum Member. Click on the Register link on the top of this page and follow the instructions to become an Encore Forum Member.

If you are a new member and need help using these forums, please click on the FAQ link at the top of this page.

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4