Encore Forums Encore Forums

Knowledgebase  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

first time user to forum and Calendar Creator

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Product Forums] >> [Productivity Software] >> [Calendar Creator] >> CC Export/Import >> first time user to forum and Calendar Creator Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
first time user to forum and Calendar Creator - 5/12/2014 2:41:41 PM   
rickposner

Can someone give me basic instructions; i.e., where in Calendar Creator 12 I can find the User's Manual?
RP
Post #: 1
RE: first time user to forum and Calendar Creator - 5/12/2014 2:51:16 PM   
JasonC

I'm not sure if these instructions here : http://forums.encoreusa.com/tm.asp?m=41704 would apply to your situation.

In regards to what you would like to do with this program, please post some ideas on what you would like to do with this program and we can help you out functionality wise.

Jason Carver
Encore Sales Department and Customer Service
www.encore.com
For Tech Support, visit http://support.encore.com

(in reply to rickposner)
Post #: 2
RE: first time user to forum and Calendar Creator - 5/12/2014 2:55:10 PM   
rickposner

I think I may have ordered a product that does a lot more than I want. What my objective is: To make calendars as gifts importing my own photos. I need basic instructions for that function. Thank you.
quote:

2 I can find the User's Manual?
RP

(in reply to JasonC)
Post #: 3
RE: first time user to forum and Calendar Creator - 5/12/2014 3:51:41 PM   
ellengard

quote:

ORIGINAL: rickposner
I think I may have ordered a product that does a lot more than I want. What my objective is: To make calendars as gifts importing my own photos.

This program is great for your purpose, but yes, it can do so much more, too. First of all, do you want to personalize the months with birthdays, anniversaries, etc? Or just have room in each date cell for people to hand-write their own notes?

(in reply to rickposner)
Post #: 4
RE: first time user to forum and Calendar Creator - 5/12/2014 5:22:10 PM   
DEJenc3

One option to get started is to use the Wizard built into the program. From the menu, choose File, New Calendar Collection.

With Create a New Calendar on the left selected, Choose Create a Calendar Using the Calendar Wizard, and click Next. It will walk you through stuff the steps in choosing the layout of the calendar you want.

In the window that has Select a QuickStyle, you can click on different choices to see a preview of what it may look like, or you can simply choose None. When it comes to the Select an Image Set screen, you can pick any available image set to get you started. Add any holidays you to appear on your calendar, and click Finish. You'll see the calendar you designed. When it comes to using your own images, you will need to create your own Image Set. You may want to review the help under Image Set to get started with images, and come back to the forum if you need more help with that or other aspects of creating the calendar.

David

(in reply to ellengard)
Post #: 5
RE: first time user to forum and Calendar Creator - 5/18/2014 4:34:02 PM   
rickposner

I think almost two hours trying to figure out how to change the year of a calendar I thought I would come back to the forum which is a learning project in itself. I couldn't figure out how to post a new question, so I'm replying to your last reply hoping you could help me out with these two issues. Thank, Rick

RPosner

(in reply to JasonC)
Post #: 6
RE: first time user to forum and Calendar Creator - 5/18/2014 5:13:58 PM   
DEJenc3

Hello, Rick,

When you design a calendar ("Calendar Collection" in Calendar Creator), you are not designing it around a specific year or other defined time period. Calendar Creator is a continuous calendar, and you specify the time constraints at the point when you print a calendar. You may design different "Views" that correspond to the way you want to display or view your calendar. It's only when you go to print that you specify the dates that will appear on paper.

For example, you may have chosen or designed a simple Month view. You may want to print a calendar for August of this year. The easiest way is to advance to August in the calendar, then choose Print. When you print, you'll see that on the lower right of the print window that there is a time range area. You choose the start date and the end date. Alternatively, you can use time periods. You will see that as you advance the periods number, the End Date will advance by the number of intervals defined by the calendar view. If you're looking at a month calendar, the End Date will advance by a month. If you are using a three-week view, the End Date will advance by three weeks. You can change either date independently. You don't have to have either date in the screen display you had been viewing, but can choose the range right from the print dialogue. The printed calendar will have the layout of the view you had on screen (month, three-week, etc.).

As for using the forums: The Encore Forums are divided into categories for different types of software. When you enter all forums, you'll see Calendar Creator is a subforum under Productivity software. When you click Calendar Creator, you will see that there are four choices of categories, based on the type of question you have (printing, export, general functionality). Once you're in one of those categories, at the upper left, above the column header, there is a button for New Post. When you click that, you'll see that the box where you can enter a subject for the question and then the message is the text of the text of your question.

Here's an FAQ on using the forums:
http://forums.encoreusa.com/faq.asp

David

(in reply to rickposner)
Post #: 7
RE: first time user to forum and Calendar Creator - 5/18/2014 5:57:43 PM   
rickposner

David,

Thank you so much for your guidance. I did find the FAQ's and the category list earlier today. The directions on choosing date at time of printing sure clarifies things. How could I have found that on my own using the F1 Help menu? I guess I could read every section, but I'm trying to use the Help Contents as a place of referral. The chose-date-at-print function brings up another question. I was planning on using a photo/printing shop in my neighborhood as I don't have a color printer. Will they have to have the Calendar Creator program in order to print or is there an on-line site I can use?

Thanks,
Rick

RPosner

(in reply to DEJenc3)
Post #: 8
RE: first time user to forum and Calendar Creator - 5/18/2014 6:44:34 PM   
DEJenc3

You were on the right track using the program's Help for getting guidance on using Calendar Creator. It's your best source for trying to understand how it operates, and to get tips on its use. In the Help, under the Contents tab, you might want to look at the section "More about Working with Calendars," and that may clarify a few things. Also, the section on Printing will be useful.

The Forum is your next line of help. You can search the Forum when you have specific questions, and many times you'll find that there have been discussions about the same concerns you have.

As far as taking your calendar to a printing shop, they may or may not have Calendar Creator installed, but that might not be the best way to get the data to them. An easier way would be to print to a PDF file, using a program such as CutePDF. You may want to print it to paper from the PDF file in advance, to a monochrome printer if that's what you have, just to have a good idea of the layout and fonts.

David

(in reply to rickposner)
Post #: 9
RE: first time user to forum and Calendar Creator - 5/18/2014 8:10:48 PM   
ellengard

quote:

... I was planning on using a photo/printing shop in my neighborhood as I don't have a color printer. Will they have to have the Calendar Creator program in order to print or is there an on-line site I can use?

As David suggested, print to PDF your selected range of months, to create a multi-page PDF. All printing shops accept PDF. You can view/proof your PDF in Adobe Reader. If you don't have Adobe Reader installed on your computer, download Reader from the Adobe website.

(in reply to rickposner)
Post #: 10
RE: first time user to forum and Calendar Creator - 5/28/2014 9:09:15 AM   
rickposner

Ellen,

Are you aware of anyone who offers teaching services for software such as Calendar Creator 12? I'm at a loss as to how to operate the software.

Thank you,
Rick Posner

(in reply to ellengard)
Post #: 11
RE: first time user to forum and Calendar Creator - 5/28/2014 9:58:26 AM   
ellengard

quote:

Ellen,

Are you aware of anyone who offers teaching services for software such as Calendar Creator 12? I'm at a loss as to how to operate the software.

Although I do teach people (mostly seniors) how to use their computer and programs, it is house calls only. This forum is to help people understand the features of the program, however, written communication is easier when you invest some time learning the basics in the help file. Calendar Creator™ includes an extensive in-program library of "How To" articles, tutorials and quick-start steps.

However, if you don't have the time to invest in learning this program (I agree it does have a learning curve) and you simply want to add some photos to a basic calendar, I can help you do that very easily.

If you are interested, I can send you a PDF of the calendar months which is simple to print. After that, you simply print your photos onto the back sides, then get the calendar bound.

(in reply to rickposner)
Post #: 12
RE: first time user to forum and Calendar Creator - 5/28/2014 1:35:10 PM   
ellengard

quote:

... I was planning on using a photo/printing shop in my neighborhood as I don't have a color printer.

Since you plan to have a professionally printed custom calendar made, may I suggest the easiest and most cost effective way to get this done:

Use an online printing service that supplies the calendar template and lets you upload your digital photos. There are many places that offer this - I recommend a local store where you can pick up your calendar and avoid shipping costs. For example, there's WalMart or Costco.

For about $20

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by ellengard -- 5/28/2014 1:40:36 PM >

(in reply to rickposner)
Post #: 13
RE: first time user to forum and Calendar Creator - 5/28/2014 2:54:21 PM   
rickposner

Gee, thanks, good idea; wish I had known before purchasing, but great advice.

RPosner

(in reply to ellengard)
Post #: 14
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Product Forums] >> [Productivity Software] >> [Calendar Creator] >> CC Export/Import >> first time user to forum and Calendar Creator Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Please Note: In order to post a message on the forums, you will need to become an Encore Forum Member. Click on the Register link on the top of this page and follow the instructions to become an Encore Forum Member.

If you are a new member and need help using these forums, please click on the FAQ link at the top of this page.

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4