Encore Forums Encore Forums

Knowledgebase  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

Finding graphics

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Product Forums] >> [Productivity Software] >> [The Print Shop 23.1 and older] >> PS Printing Specific Issues >> Finding graphics Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Finding graphics - 6/27/2014 8:09:25 AM   
VillagesBob

PrintShop 23.1, PC, Windows 8. When I print envelopes in Ultimate Mail Manager, I receive a window with the message 'graphic c:\ProgramFiles (x86)\CommonFiles\Broderbund\UMM\images.wmf was not found' On the next page, if I click "Select Graphic" the only option available to me is the file listed above as 'not found' so I am unable to import any graphic. What am I doing wrong?
Post #: 1
RE: Finding graphics - 6/27/2014 9:49:09 AM   
JasonC

I think Windows 8.1 broke this.

Jason Carver
Encore Sales Department and Customer Service
www.encore.com
For Tech Support, visit http://support.encore.com

(in reply to VillagesBob)
Post #: 2
RE: Finding graphics - 6/27/2014 11:15:08 AM   
VillagesBob

Sorry, I don't understand. Do you mean I need Windows 8.1 or is Windows 8.1 causing the problem? If that's the case, how do I get around it?

Many thanks for your prompt response.

Post #: 3
RE: Finding graphics - 6/27/2014 12:20:05 PM   
ellengard

This program does not work with Win 8.1. Version 23.1 was originally sold as the official Win 7 compatible program. It turned out to work on Win 8, mostly. However, when Win 8 was updated to 8.1, it became incompatible with the program.

Unfortunately, there is no fix. Version 23.1 is the last of its kind. There are no more updates. The new Print Shop 3.5 is an entirely new program, developed separately from 23.1.

If you did not update to Win 8.1, it may be possible to do your envelopes if you do it from a print shop envelope project, rather than from the UMM sub-program.

< Message edited by ellengard -- 6/27/2014 12:30:50 PM >

Post #: 4
RE: Finding graphics - 6/27/2014 3:43:51 PM   
VillagesBob

Thank you again for your prompt response. Can I transfer data files from 23.1 to 3.5?

Post #: 5
RE: Finding graphics - 6/27/2014 5:15:06 PM   
ellengard

Although 3.5 can open many of the 23.1 projects, the conversion is not perfect. Special effects don't transfer over. You may lose transparent areas with PNG graphics used in the project. Sometimes multiple images transfer over as one single flat image.

Post #: 6
RE: Finding graphics - 6/28/2014 4:53:04 AM   
VillagesBob

I want to transfer a big UMM file, plus some envelopes and simple documents, all with graphics from the PrintShop library. Will that work?

Is there a 3.5 version for the Mac?

Thanks

Post #: 7
RE: Finding graphics - 6/28/2014 7:05:05 AM   
ellengard

There is no Mac version of The Print Shop 3.5. 3.5 cannot import a UMM file, but can import a flat file. If you can export a UMM file to a flat file, then the transfer of data is possible.

As for your project files, like I said, it's not a perfect conversion, but just regular text boxes and a single graphic with no special effects applied... no problem. Also, I think all envelope files convert to 8.5x11, so you would need to do some re-working. I can double-check this in a couple of days when I get back to the city.

Post #: 8
RE: Finding graphics - 6/28/2014 3:00:10 PM   
ellengard

There is a free download of Mail Merge Pro (OS X) for Mac. You can export the images you are using in Print Shop, as JPG. The JPGs can be used in Mail Merge Pro (OS X) for Mac.

Post #: 9
RE: Finding graphics - 6/29/2014 2:24:55 PM   
ellengard

Here is an example of an envelope project created in version 23.1 and opened in version 3.5.

So, the project size is maintained, but you can see that the graphics didn't quite make it.

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by ellengard -- 6/29/2014 2:28:42 PM >

Post #: 10
RE: Finding graphics - 6/30/2014 9:52:42 AM   
JasonC

I just had a thought -

I am wondering if a solution such as our Creativity Collection would be appropriate in this situation since the original poster was unable to import graphics that were associated with the program. I would assume that they are the same graphics.

quote:

ORIGINAL: ellengard

This program does not work with Win 8.1. Version 23.1 was originally sold as the official Win 7 compatible program. It turned out to work on Win 8, mostly. However, when Win 8 was updated to 8.1, it became incompatible with the program.

Unfortunately, there is no fix. Version 23.1 is the last of its kind. There are no more updates. The new Print Shop 3.5 is an entirely new program, developed separately from 23.1.

If you did not update to Win 8.1, it may be possible to do your envelopes if you do it from a print shop envelope project, rather than from the UMM sub-program.

Jason Carver
Encore Sales Department and Customer Service
www.encore.com
For Tech Support, visit http://support.encore.com

(in reply to ellengard)
Post #: 11
RE: Finding graphics - 6/30/2014 10:27:55 AM   
ellengard

quote:

ORIGINAL: TMLFAN4LIFE
I am wondering if a solution such as our Creativity Collection would be appropriate in this situation since the original poster was unable to import graphics that were associated with the program. I would assume that they are the same graphics.

I believe all the Creativity Collections are newer graphics, none of which are found in Print Shop 23.1. Collection 1 is actually everything that is available online from the PrintMaster 6.0 program.

All the images in the Collections are JPG and PNG - standard image files that can be used in any graphics program, on any operation system.

Unfortunately for VillagesBob, he is using either Win 8.1 or a Mac, so the Print Shop 23.1 is no longer a compatible program either way.

< Message edited by ellengard -- 6/30/2014 10:30:11 AM >

(in reply to JasonC)
Post #: 12
RE: Finding graphics - 7/19/2014 9:56:56 AM   
VillagesBob

We're still struggling. Pardon my ignorance, but what is a flat file?

Bob

Post #: 13
RE: Finding graphics - 7/19/2014 11:28:59 AM   
ellengard

An Address Book created in one program cannot usually be imported to a different program. So the Address Book contents need to be converted to a universally compatible "flat" file which is a simple text file, with the data separated by commas or tabs.

Regarding images, a flat file has only one layer e.g. a JPG. A multi-layer image file has individual elements that can be edited separately without affecting the other layers e.g. a Print Shop project file.

< Message edited by ellengard -- 7/19/2014 11:29:25 AM >

Post #: 14
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Product Forums] >> [Productivity Software] >> [The Print Shop 23.1 and older] >> PS Printing Specific Issues >> Finding graphics Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Please Note: In order to post a message on the forums, you will need to become an Encore Forum Member. Click on the Register link on the top of this page and follow the instructions to become an Encore Forum Member.

If you are a new member and need help using these forums, please click on the FAQ link at the top of this page.

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4