Encore Forums Encore Forums

Knowledgebase  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

Export/Import UMM file

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Product Forums] >> [Productivity Software] >> [The Print Shop 23.1 and older] >> PS Export/Import >> Export/Import UMM file Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Export/Import UMM file - 7/1/2014 11:35:38 AM   
VillagesBob

I have PrintShop 23.1 on PC, Windows 8.1. Installed program on another PC, Windows 7. Having trouble importing UMM file from one computer to another. I exported it as a UMM file to a flash drive, then put it on the Windows 7 computer desktop, but can't figure out how to copy from the desktop to PrintShop. Would like to import the entire file all at once if possible.

Thanks.
Post #: 1
RE: Export/Import UMM file - 7/1/2014 1:09:17 PM   
ellengard

You can move the address book file to Documents folder. Then open Print Shop and UMM. File> Open... Browse to Documents and select your address book file.

(in reply to VillagesBob)
Post #: 2
RE: Export/Import UMM file - 7/2/2014 5:04:50 PM   
VillagesBob

Hi again,

You have been incredibly helpful. Have managed to move the address file from one computer to the other, following your instructions.

Now, two more problems, both relating to the same issue of installing my PrintShop program to the PC with Windows 7:

1. The Art Disk won't install. I can open the Properties, and there is the Install information, but it won't open. None of the files on the disk will open.

2. I can't print envelopes. I had this problem on my own PC and fixed it with your help, but don't remember what I did :-) I get paper mismatch messages, and try as I may, I cannot set up PrintShop to overcome them--I have selected every possible variation, and still can't do it. The HP printer will print envelopes from Word, so I'm sure it's working OK.

Your guidance is appreciated. Would it help if I phoned you? We did this once before, you took over my computer, and fixed the problems. Let me know.

Bob

Post #: 3
RE: Export/Import UMM file - 7/2/2014 5:34:24 PM   
ellengard

quote:

ORIGINAL: VillagesBob
...Would it help if I phoned you? We did this once before, you took over my computer, and fixed the problems. Let me know.

That wasn't me... must have been tech support.

Post #: 4
RE: Export/Import UMM file - 7/2/2014 5:45:42 PM   
ellengard

quote:

... The Art Disk won't install. I can open the Properties, and there is the Install information, but it won't open. None of the files on the disk will open.

See this tech note:
http://support.encore.com/technicalsupport/kb.aspx?kb_id=1141&product_id=2647

< Message edited by ellengard -- 7/2/2014 5:53:59 PM >

Post #: 5
RE: Export/Import UMM file - 7/2/2014 5:52:23 PM   
ellengard

quote:

...I can't print envelopes. I had this problem on my own PC and fixed it with your help, but don't remember what I did :-) I get paper mismatch messages, and try as I may, I cannot set up PrintShop to overcome them--I have selected every possible variation, and still can't do it. The HP printer will print envelopes from Word, so I'm sure it's working OK.

If memory serves me correctly, [HP printers + Print Shop 23.1 envelope projects] do not work because the envelope project REQUIRES letter size paper in the print setup, but HP printers balk at this with a paper mismatch message.

The workaround is to do a custom size Sign Project i.e. your sign is the exact size of your envelope.

More info here:
http://forums.encoreusa.com/tm.asp?m=24684

< Message edited by ellengard -- 7/2/2014 5:58:56 PM >

Post #: 6
RE: Export/Import UMM file - 7/3/2014 12:19:38 AM   
HomerT

Bottom line, the paper mismatch error message occurs with any printer of any brand which has a built-in paper sensor that cannot be temporarily disabled.

(in reply to ellengard)
Post #: 7
RE: Export/Import UMM file - 7/3/2014 5:48:43 AM   
VillagesBob

Thanks for the input. Let me work with this again today. Have a nice weekend.

Bob

Post #: 8
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Product Forums] >> [Productivity Software] >> [The Print Shop 23.1 and older] >> PS Export/Import >> Export/Import UMM file Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Please Note: In order to post a message on the forums, you will need to become an Encore Forum Member. Click on the Register link on the top of this page and follow the instructions to become an Encore Forum Member.

If you are a new member and need help using these forums, please click on the FAQ link at the top of this page.

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4