Encore Forums Encore Forums

Knowledgebase  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

add text and graphics to calendar

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Product Forums] >> [Productivity Software] >> PrintMaster 6.0 (released 2013) >> add text and graphics to calendar Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
add text and graphics to calendar - 7/3/2014 1:04:59 PM   
jxsprsm14

Hello Everyone. I have been a very happy and contented user of PM Gold for a number of years until Microsoft decided to discontinue support for XP. I have upgraded my 13 year old system to a new machine which is running WIN 8 and I have just installed PM Platinum V6 on it. The pgm seems to be running just fine although I have not been able to do much with it just yet. What I am shocked at is the user interface and the calendar options in particular. I used to make a monthly calendar from the Farmer's Almanac. The old Gold option allowed me to simply click on a calendar date to get a drop down menu to do things like add individual date text or clip art. After reviewing the platinum tutorials it appears this new version of PM has dropped all of that capability. Right now I am left with the impression that this new version is little better than that freebie GIMP pkg.

Is there any way to configure Platinum to get those nice old Gold calendar features? What must I do to add text and clip art to an individual monthly calendar date? I assume there is no other release of PM which will run under WIN8?

Thank you for any help anyone can give.

GMK

< Message edited by lindarobin -- 8/13/2014 1:03:17 AM >
Post #: 1
RE: Moving to Plat. from old Gold - 7/3/2014 3:40:20 PM   
ellengard

quote:

ORIGINAL: jxsprsm14
...What must I do to add text and clip art to an individual monthly calendar date?

This version of PrintMaster is a "Storyrock" program which was developed separately by a different team of people. Think of it as a totally different program that was branded with the PrintMaster name. That's way the interface is not the same, and why using the features is so different.

This calendar is not truly a table with distinct cells. It's more of a background image. To add text and graphics, simply add a text box and position it into place. Same with graphics. Just size and position it into place.

(in reply to jxsprsm14)
Post #: 2
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Product Forums] >> [Productivity Software] >> PrintMaster 6.0 (released 2013) >> add text and graphics to calendar Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Please Note: In order to post a message on the forums, you will need to become an Encore Forum Member. Click on the Register link on the top of this page and follow the instructions to become an Encore Forum Member.

If you are a new member and need help using these forums, please click on the FAQ link at the top of this page.

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4