Encore Forums Encore Forums

Knowledgebase  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

shared page

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Product Forums] >> [Productivity Software] >> [Creating Keepsakes Scrapbook Designer] >> General Functionality >> shared page Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
shared page - 3/9/2005 11:41:18 AM   
fredomoftruth

i'm trying to share a picture. i'll find out in a second if i did it right. i blured out the my kids face on purposefor this posting. the background and mickey clipart used was found from doing a search on the internet. this one is my favorite out of all of my scrapbook pages.

Attachment (1)

summer peterson
Post #: 1
RE: shared page - 3/9/2005 5:46:04 PM   
lindarobin

I'm so happy to see another user's CK scrapbook page. Nice Job. I like your "vellum" journal block and background pp.

These are some of the CK pages I made that I uploaded months ago, so they don't show up in the current threads.

(in reply to fredomoftruth)
Post #: 2
RE: shared page - 3/10/2005 2:34:32 PM   
fredomoftruth

It looks like you've been using this program for awhile. Nice pages.I've been using CK for only 2 months and already i've done 12 (2) page layouts. scrapbooking goes so much faster now. i'm hoping to get caught up before i think about having another child. but i'm 2 years behind for my eldest and 1 year for my youngest. thanks to CK i think i can actually get caught up.

summer peterson

(in reply to lindarobin)
Post #: 3
RE: shared page - 3/12/2005 3:36:29 AM   
lindarobin

I made this in CK using Headlines for the text and I'm sure you recognize the colourful "spots" texture fill. I used a bevel filter downloaded from the net to add 3D to the title and a crackle filter to add texture to the blue background.

Attachment (1)

Post #: 4
RE: shared page - 3/28/2005 7:28:00 PM   
fredomoftruth

This page i made using CK's Photoworkshop. The waves i used decorative blue paper changed the color to another blue and under photo effects, filter, water. the sand i used decorative paper, photoworkshop, photo effects, grain. freehand croped the top. and darkend and brightened to give the sand a layed look. There are 3 layers of sand. the sun, bucket, ball are from art gallery.

Attachment (1)

summer peterson

Post #: 5
RE: shared page - 3/28/2005 11:42:26 PM   
lindarobin

Great LO, summer! Isn't playing with the PhotoWorkshop such fun? One can spend HOURS experimenting with combining special effects to get some really neat results. An ordinary clipart can look stunning after applying one of the filters like this "peeling paint":

It looks like you prefer (as I do), creating your own layouts rather than using the ready-made templates. I didn't really care for 90% of those layouts anyway. Scrapbooking isn't really about popping our photos into templates; the fun is in the creativity, right?

I do like a lot of the realistic paper embellishments, but wish there were more ribbons, brads, eyelets and tags.

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by lindarobin -- 3/28/2005 11:43:11 PM >

Post #: 6
RE: shared page - 8/4/2005 11:44:22 AM   
Kpoin

I am very new to scrapbooking in general. I really like the idea of doing it on the computer. All of the above pages are absolutey great. I am curious though what do most people do with their pages. How do you go about sharing them. I am interested in doing 12 x 12 pages but my printer won't print that size. I am also interested in being able to show them as a slide show on a DVD player. Any info would be appreciated.

(in reply to lindarobin)
Post #: 7
RE: shared page - 8/4/2005 3:10:22 PM   
lindarobin

quote:

ORIGINAL: Kpoin
... I am curious though what do most people do with their pages. How do you go about sharing them. I am interested in doing 12 x 12 pages but my printer won't print that size. I am also interested in being able to show them as a slide show on a DVD player.

I save all of my pages as JPGs. WinXP plays them as a slide show. I also burn the JPGs to a CD so that I can slideshow them on TV with the DVD player.

If you want to print at home, most printers will do the 8x8 layouts just fine. Home printing is just too expensive for me because of the photo paper and inks. Since getting professionally printed 4x6 prints from digital is so cheap nowadays, I design my layouts in 8x6, then "split" the layout into 2 JPG files (left side and right side) which I bring to PhotoLab for printing. I put the prints in a mini-album that holds the 4x6's side by side.

< Message edited by Brandy redux -- 6/10/2010 8:34:26 PM >

(in reply to Kpoin)
Post #: 8
RE: shared page - 8/29/2005 9:33:11 PM   
alfa247

are these printing for you really nice? I am a new member and I am having a terrible luck getting these pages to print in high resolution for me even my pictures look funky. Anyone know if this software is capable of getting the 12x 12 or the 8x10 prints reallt sharp?

(in reply to lindarobin)
Post #: 9
RE: shared page - 8/29/2005 10:16:30 PM   
lindarobin

quote:

ORIGINAL: alfa247

are these printing for you really nice?

Yes, beautifully. I save them as high res JPG or PDF and take my files to a store to get colour laser prints.
quote:

...Anyone know if this software is capable of getting the 12x 12 or the 8x10 prints reallt sharp?

I personally don't know anyone who has a printer that can print 12" wide, but yes, this program does print great looking pages in 8x10, IF you are one of the lucky people whose printer works with this program. The work-around is to save your project as a high res JPG or PDF and use another application to print those files. (See appropriate sub-forums for those threads.)

(in reply to alfa247)
Post #: 10
RE: shared page - 8/29/2005 10:21:44 PM   
lindarobin

BTW, the site where I posted my mini-album is gone after Sept. 1, so here it is:

Attachment (1)

(in reply to lindarobin)
Post #: 11
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Product Forums] >> [Productivity Software] >> [Creating Keepsakes Scrapbook Designer] >> General Functionality >> shared page Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Please Note: In order to post a message on the forums, you will need to become an Encore Forum Member. Click on the Register link on the top of this page and follow the instructions to become an Encore Forum Member.

If you are a new member and need help using these forums, please click on the FAQ link at the top of this page.

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4