Encore Forums Encore Forums

Knowledgebase  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

opening version 23 projects in 3.5

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Product Forums] >> [Productivity Software] >> The Print Shop 3.5 >> opening version 23 projects in 3.5 Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
opening version 23 projects in 3.5 - 7/29/2014 1:17:15 PM   
Lisa K

I am very weary of purchasing anything higher than the PS 23 I have. Is it true, there are many problems with PS 3.5? Plus that anything higher than PS 23 the extensions won't open on the more current versions?

A friend of mine just got PS 3.5 and I sent him some creations I have done on PS 23 but my lbl things won't open on his 3.5.

I loved Print shop for as many years as I can remember having a computer and now I think I tried a 3.1 a while ago and had to return it to the store, now you have a 3.5 that alot of people are very disappointed about.

I have a WIN7 laptop. My PS 23 works on it but not terribly well. I wanted to upgrade to a newer version but after reading more negatives than I expected I am just not sure what I should do.

Thanks for any insight. I love PS and would like to stay with it if possible. But if all the hundreds of items I created with PS 23 and prior won't open with the new versions, what good is it now?

Lisa

< Message edited by lindarobin -- 8/12/2014 11:45:10 PM >
Post #: 1
RE: Print Shop 3.5 vs. Print Shop 23 - 7/29/2014 1:58:53 PM   
ellengard

quote:

ORIGINAL: Lisa K
I have a WIN7 laptop. My PS 23 works on it but not terribly well... I love PS and would like to stay with it if possible.

Hi, Lisa,

You can upgrade to version 23.1 which was created to be completely Win 7 compatible. This version is basically identical to version 23 so all your projects can be opened and edited in v23.1.

(in reply to Lisa K)
Post #: 2
RE: Print Shop 3.5 vs. Print Shop 23 - 7/29/2014 2:17:07 PM   
ellengard

quote:

I am very weary of purchasing anything higher than the PS 23 I have. Is it true, there are many problems with PS 3.5? Plus that anything higher than PS 23 the extensions won't open on the more current versions?

No, it is not true that there are many problems with PS 3.5. It works fine. The bugs that were in PS 3.0 have been fixed, except for linking text boxes. It is quite different from PS 23, especially the photo editing features. Generally, this has been the complaint from long-time users of Print Shop who now are running v3.5 on Win 8.1. As far as desktop publishing features go, people are satisfied with v3.5, but they want more photo-editing features (this is my opinion from reading previous posts).

Although v3.5 can open many projects from v23, it does so imperfectly. I highly recommend that you start exporting your designs as high res JPG because eventually, we will all have to upgrade to newer operating systems and purchase newer desktop publishing programs. No matter what those programs will be, they will be able to import JPG files.

(in reply to Lisa K)
Post #: 3
RE: Print Shop 3.5 vs. Print Shop 23 - 7/29/2014 3:11:27 PM   
Lisa K

I might have been not so clear when I mentioned "My Creations". They were not pictures or drawings I made, myself, to where I could save them as jpgs. I am actually talking about labels, postcards, etc, which I can make with the program. The only way I know to save them as their individual extension...lbl, pcr (postcard) etc. I made some documents using the "blank sheet" option. I have years of saved Print Shop stuff on my computer. If I could save it all as jpgs I sure would. This is why I am concerned as the Print Shop programs progress, my saved Print Shop documents from over the years will be unable to open and use.

(in reply to ellengard)
Post #: 4
RE: Print Shop 3.5 vs. Print Shop 23 - 7/29/2014 5:35:22 PM   
ellengard

quote:

... I am actually talking about labels, postcards, etc, which I can make with the program. The only way I know to save them as their individual extension...lbl, pcr (postcard) etc... If I could save it all as jpgs I sure would.

I'll say again... export your projects as JPG. This must be a feature you've not tried before. It works for all projects except mail merging.

File> Export...

If you know that you will be editing the text in the future, remove the text box BEFORE you export as JPG. That way, you can import the JPG into other programs and add your new text.

< Message edited by ellengard -- 7/29/2014 5:37:56 PM >

(in reply to Lisa K)
Post #: 5
RE: Print Shop 3.5 vs. Print Shop 23 - 7/30/2014 3:42:50 AM   
Lisa K

Thanks for the info Ellen....this morning I tried the "export to jpg" option and it worked. I imported that new jpg back into the program and picked it to make a label and its perfect. All these years and I never used export and never knew what it could do. I had, tho, for all this time, used the IMPORT option for importing pictures, etc from the internet and such. I aopreciate that idea.

< Message edited by Lisa K -- 7/30/2014 3:43:15 AM >

(in reply to ellengard)
Post #: 6
RE: Print Shop 3.5 vs. Print Shop 23 - 7/30/2014 12:28:47 PM   
ellengard

You're welcome, Lisa. If you think you may be upgrading to Win 8.1 in the near future, there is another desktop publishing program sold by Encore/Broderbund other than Print Shop 3.5. It's Serif PagePlus. It's more business-oriented - similar to Microsoft Publisher. Harder to learn because of its many more features, but well worth it.

(in reply to Lisa K)
Post #: 7
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Product Forums] >> [Productivity Software] >> The Print Shop 3.5 >> opening version 23 projects in 3.5 Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Please Note: In order to post a message on the forums, you will need to become an Encore Forum Member. Click on the Register link on the top of this page and follow the instructions to become an Encore Forum Member.

If you are a new member and need help using these forums, please click on the FAQ link at the top of this page.

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4