Encore Forums Encore Forums

Knowledgebase  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

Horizontal cards with side fold

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Product Forums] >> [Productivity Software] >> [PrintMaster 18.1 and older] >> PM General Functionality >> Horizontal cards with side fold Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Horizontal cards with side fold - 7/29/2014 2:59:47 AM   
jinky

Is there any way of printing a horizontal card with a side fold?
Post #: 1
RE: Horizontal cards with side fold - 8/3/2014 3:46:29 AM   
jinky

No answer to my query yet?
Is it possible to make horizontal cards with side fold on Platinum 16?

(in reply to jinky)
Post #: 2
RE: Horizontal cards with side fold - 8/3/2014 10:02:27 AM   
ellengard

What is the size of your paper? e.g. 5.5 x 17 inches?

(in reply to jinky)
Post #: 3
RE: Horizontal cards with side fold - 8/3/2014 2:01:32 PM   
ellengard

quote:

ORIGINAL: jinky
... horizontal card with a side fold?

There is no standard size paper that can have a side fold and still be horizontal (wider than it is tall). However, you can make up your own template like I've done here:

It's a custom size poster project. The paper is 5.5 high and 17 wide, so folded, it is 8.5 wide. I design the front of the card on the right half of the sheet; the back of the card on the left side.

I would do the card insides as a separate poster project.

I used tabloid size paper, cut in half. Similarly, you can use legal size paper, cut in half so it's 4.25 high and 7 wide when folded.

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by lindarobin -- 8/3/2014 2:14:34 PM >

(in reply to jinky)
Post #: 4
RE: Horizontal cards with side fold - 8/3/2014 2:42:26 PM   
ellengard

Just got a brilliant idea for a workaround. Use a template for a quarter-fold card, select a pre-made horizontal design. Edit the design. Print it. Flip it over* and print it again.

You get two of the same card. Just cut (along the length down the middle) and fold.

*pay attention to how the print comes out so you can insert the paper back in and the Back/Front ends up behind the insides.

If you are making several copies of the same card, like for a party invitation or holiday greetings, this method is great. For just one card, it's wasteful, so I'd go with my first method.

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by ellengard -- 8/3/2014 2:49:18 PM >

(in reply to jinky)
Post #: 5
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Product Forums] >> [Productivity Software] >> [PrintMaster 18.1 and older] >> PM General Functionality >> Horizontal cards with side fold Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Please Note: In order to post a message on the forums, you will need to become an Encore Forum Member. Click on the Register link on the top of this page and follow the instructions to become an Encore Forum Member.

If you are a new member and need help using these forums, please click on the FAQ link at the top of this page.

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4