Encore Forums Encore Forums

Knowledgebase  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

Removing calendar frame and spacing of mulitiple events in an individual cell

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Product Forums] >> [Productivity Software] >> [Calendar Creator] >> CC General Functionality >> Removing calendar frame and spacing of mulitiple events in an individual cell Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Removing calendar frame and spacing of mulitiple events... - 12/14/2014 5:53:22 AM   
ruffdog

I have just upgraded from 4.0 to 12 and have imported my files to the new version. have done lots of tweaking but i still have a few problems.
* how can i get rid of the calendar frame, that frames everything, it wasn't in my last calendars and i don't care for it, it breaks up the visual
* how can i get the events in each individual cell to be closer together, they take up too much space in the cell and "box that holds the birthday name for example is spaced almost three rows apart from the one above. I tried entering a manual text box, but then it is not listed in my events list and will get missed when printing for next year.
Any help with this would be appreciated
Post #: 1
RE: Removing calendar frame and spacing of mulitiple ev... - 12/14/2014 6:21:57 AM   
DEJenc3

Concerning the border: I believe this will work to get rid of the border on the calendar grid, if that's the border you mean:

Right-click on the border of the calendar grid. The Properties window opens to the first tab, Style. The dropdown box below "Set properties of" should be set to Grid. On the lower right of this box you'll see Borders. Try changing the Outside Border Style to None, and the color to White. That's assuming that the background of your calendar is white; if it's not, try the color that you've used for the background.

If this doesn't take care of it, let us know which calendar view you are using and where the border is appearing.

Here's a discussion that mentions many of the tips for squeezing more text into a cell. Although the calendar under discussion is 11 x 17, the points made for cell optimization are the same.
http://forums.encoreusa.com/fb.asp?m=40890

After trying some of these, please post back if you aren't achieving what you want.

David

(in reply to ruffdog)
Post #: 2
RE: Removing calendar frame and spacing of mulitiple ev... - 12/14/2014 7:41:32 AM   
ruffdog

Hi David, Thank you so much i was able to get the frame off the entire calendar, i just wasn't hitting the right to click, very much appreciated.
now for the mulitple entries, i have tried the suggestions in the links. unfortunately it is not the size of the cell that is the issue, it where the program puts the event in the cell. If you click on one of the events you can see how large the box is that the program has created, and there doesn't seem to be anyway to decrease the size of the box or allow two boxes to overlap, so that the entries are closer together thus leaving more room to write in hand notes. the only way to get them closer together is to have a really small font which then in a printed version is hard to read. So i am guessing that this is not possible.
Thanks Carrie aka ruffdog

(in reply to DEJenc3)
Post #: 3
RE: Removing calendar frame and spacing of mulitiple ev... - 12/14/2014 7:58:11 AM   
DEJenc3

Hi, Carrie,

Let me be sure you've tried to adjust the way the date cell accommodates events, in case you haven't tried that yet:
Right-click in an empty date cell. Go to the Miscellaneous tab. Check or uncheck "Fit event cell size to description." Then see how that affects the screen view.

If you need more space to write in the cell, you could consider a different view that doesn't have as many date cells so the cells can be larger. A 2-week multi-week view might be a place to start. If this doesn't work for the way you use the calendar, you could print the calendar to go onto 2 physical pages using the Print Wizard.

David

(in reply to ruffdog)
Post #: 4
RE: Removing calendar frame and spacing of mulitiple ev... - 12/14/2014 8:10:29 AM   
ruffdog

Thank you David, I do have the "fit event size to description" checked off and it did make some difference, it pulled the two entries somewhat closer together, on some cells throughout the year i have four events per cell, so that really takes up most of the extra writing room in the cell. it is possible to click on the event in the cell and there appears a dotted box around the name of the event (ie Zoe's BDAY) and i can drag it to a different location in the cell or it seems i can drag it to another cell (although not really relevent) it is possible to manipulate this "dotted box" a little bit. It just seems that you can't change it's size.
Thanks for you help - we may have exhausted what the program can do with this problem.
I am making full page calender, whole month at a time.
I am delighted the frame is gone form the grid!
Carrie

(in reply to DEJenc3)
Post #: 5
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Product Forums] >> [Productivity Software] >> [Calendar Creator] >> CC General Functionality >> Removing calendar frame and spacing of mulitiple events in an individual cell Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Please Note: In order to post a message on the forums, you will need to become an Encore Forum Member. Click on the Register link on the top of this page and follow the instructions to become an Encore Forum Member.

If you are a new member and need help using these forums, please click on the FAQ link at the top of this page.

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4