Encore Forums Encore Forums

Knowledgebase  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

Doing the flip side of a postcard

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Product Forums] >> [Productivity Software] >> PrintMaster 6.0 (released 2013) >> Doing the flip side of a postcard Page: [1] 2   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Doing the flip side of a postcard - 12/29/2014 1:16:49 PM   
Aleida

How do I do the back side of a postcard?
Post #: 1
RE: Doing the flip side of a postcard - 12/29/2014 1:44:16 PM   
ellengard

If you have already printed and cut out your recipe cards, this will be rather difficult. If you have not cut up your card stock, then all you need to do is put the card stock back into the printer. Design the "flip" side of your recipe cards so that they will print EXACTLY in the correct position. If you positioned your cards DEAD CENTER, just do the flip side also DEAD CENTER. If you did not, you will have to do a lot of measuring.

Unfortunately, you didn't mention you wanted to do double-sided recipe cards earlier so I couldn't tell you the importance of center positioning.

(in reply to Aleida)
Post #: 2
RE: Doing the flip side of a postcard - 12/29/2014 2:16:29 PM   
Aleida

Not a problem ellengard. I am going through this step by step. The older version had two sided postcards. Many recipes take more than one side for ingredients and directions and fun pictures.
So I'm thinking to use postcards ...onto that I put the rectangular shape .... and then the text. I'm thinking if I then use postcards again ... same size .... they should line up if I print on the two sides of the card stock. I would not cut out until after all is printed. In the older version I did not have a border on the back ...only needed the front one to help me with cutting. I also made the back text box slightly smaller.
I am happy to do this step by step until I have a routine that works. Then I'll go nuts.

You are most ....very most ....helpful. Thank you.

(in reply to ellengard)
Post #: 3
RE: Doing the flip side of a postcard - 12/29/2014 2:36:37 PM   
ellengard

quote:

ORIGINAL: Aleida
The older version had two sided postcards. Many recipes take more than one side for ingredients and directions and fun pictures... I would not cut out until after all is printed.

This version also does 2-sided postcards and takes care of lining it all up for you. After both sides are printed, you cut it out. So this all sounds like it's just what you want !

Personally, I hate wasting good card stock, so I never use the postcard project which only produces ONE postcard per page.

Exception: there is a 4-up postcard template which is very useful if you want four copies of the SAME recipe card. You get 4 cards per page with no wasted card stock.

What size are your recipe cards? Perhaps I can make a template for you that will give you at least two double-sided cards per sheet. I assume you want two different cards, not two of the same card?

(in reply to Aleida)
Post #: 4
RE: Doing the flip side of a postcard - 12/29/2014 2:48:09 PM   
Aleida

I used postcard, custom and sized them 5.75 by 3.75 because that was the size of my older ones. I am considering just going 6 by 4 .... not really such a big deal if cards are now a different size by a wee bit. I thought I read that it would do two cards per page. I normally print 4 of each recipe. My daughter always gets one and then a sister and a sister-in-law. I am from a large family, and a ladies' church group ...so often more than 4. But I love to share recipes so that is all good.
Could you share with me how to do the 2-sided postcard. I did look for that .... but did not find it.
Oh .... you cannot tell ...but I am getting very excited because I see that I might be able to do this again ... sort of going through withdrawal. I have several recipes that need to be put on a card. I also laminate them ...LOL ...yes, it is a hobby for me.

(in reply to ellengard)
Post #: 5
RE: Doing the flip side of a postcard - 12/29/2014 2:57:00 PM   
ellengard

quote:

... I normally print 4 of each recipe. My daughter always gets one and then a sister and a sister-in-law. I am from a large family, and a ladies' church group ...so often more than 4.

Are you interested in doing the 4 postcards per page? That seems perfect for what you just described. However, the cards, when cut out, are 5.5 x 4.25, not exactly the same as what you had before.

(in reply to Aleida)
Post #: 6
RE: Doing the flip side of a postcard - 12/29/2014 3:50:16 PM   
Aleida

I'd really rather do two per page. I want them to fit nicely in my recipe boxes. But I wouldn't mind trying once to see what size I am actually getting and have a look at the finished card.

(in reply to ellengard)
Post #: 7
RE: Doing the flip side of a postcard - 12/29/2014 5:13:34 PM   
ellengard

quote:

...But I wouldn't mind trying once to see what size I am actually getting and have a look at the finished card.
do you mean the 4 per page postcards? If so, l will post some screen captures to show you how to do it.

(in reply to Aleida)
Post #: 8
RE: Doing the flip side of a postcard - 12/29/2014 6:27:43 PM   
Aleida

That would be great. I would also like to do the 2 per page ...two sided ...if that is possible.

(in reply to ellengard)
Post #: 9
RE: Doing the flip side of a postcard - 12/29/2014 7:44:34 PM   
ellengard

For the two per page recipe cards, I need to know what size: 5.75 x 3.75 or 6 x 4?

(in reply to Aleida)
Post #: 10
RE: Doing the flip side of a postcard - 12/29/2014 9:19:09 PM   
ellengard

Here is the easiest way to do 2-sided postcards, 4 on a page (all the same).

Open this project, "Pretty Thank You". It is the best template to work with (because the other ones have a colored background so getting rid of it takes four additional steps).

You will see that this project has the two sides. Start by deleting those graphics and text: Click on the canvas, select all, delete.

Add your graphics and text. Do the same for the flip side ("page 2").

View> View Project... You should see four identical cards on the sheet. If there is a big undesirable margin, get rid of it: File> Print Setup... type 0 in the margin boxes. (If your printer can't do zero margins, it will substitute the smallest number that it can do.)

You are ready to print. I recall some people run into problems if they print "All", so I suggest you choose "Range", page 1. Print Reinsert your paper. Choose "Range", page 2. Print.

Cut down the middle length-wise and width-wise. If you have trouble doing this without cut lines, remember what I said in your other post. i.e. using a rectangle.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to Aleida)
Post #: 11
RE: Doing the flip side of a postcard - 12/29/2014 9:22:45 PM   
ellengard

FYI: To outline your rectangle, choose the "Matte" option. Arrange the rectangle to the bottom.

(Normally, I would suggest "no fill", but 0% opacity doesn't seem to work in cooperation with "Matte", so use white fill.)

< Message edited by ellengard -- 12/29/2014 9:33:17 PM >

(in reply to Aleida)
Post #: 12
RE: Doing the flip side of a postcard - 12/30/2014 5:05:49 AM   
Aleida

Thank you ellengard. I hope to have some time later today to try that. I will definitely come back to let you know how it went.

(in reply to ellengard)
Post #: 13
RE: Doing the flip side of a postcard - 12/30/2014 10:49:09 AM   
Aleida

Hello ellengard. I'm back. I have been working with the four cards .... and I think I would prefer the size of two. Can you recommend which one to go with? Also I printed the four. The front looks wonderful ..... however, the back only prints once. When I preview, there are four of whatever ...but it prints only one and that one is centered on the full page. What am I doing incorrectly?

(in reply to Aleida)
Post #: 14
RE: Doing the flip side of a postcard - 12/30/2014 10:52:11 AM   
Aleida

Forgot .... am I correct that Printmaster will not accept a picture in png? It definitely was good with jpg but not png .... but of course it could be something I did.

(in reply to Aleida)
Post #: 15
RE: Doing the flip side of a postcard - 12/30/2014 11:06:29 AM   
ellengard

quote:

... I printed the four. The front looks wonderful ..... however, the back only prints once. When I preview, there are four of whatever ...but it prints only one and that one is centered on the full page. What am I doing incorrectly?

I think this is the problem people have encountered when they print all. Did you print all or print range, page 1, then range, page 2? See post #11.

quote:

I think I would prefer the size of two. Can you recommend which one to go with?

OK, I will give you instructions for 6x4. You can change it to something else if you change your mind.
I need to know: Do you want to do 2 on a page

• two identical cards OR
  • two different cards

< Message edited by ellengard -- 12/30/2014 11:07:22 AM >

(in reply to Aleida)
Post #: 16
RE: Doing the flip side of a postcard - 12/30/2014 11:16:58 AM   
Aleida

I did the range thing ... page 1 and then page 2. I did not do "all"

Yes I would like to try two postcards (two sided) on one sheet of paper .... two identical cards.

(in reply to ellengard)
Post #: 17
RE: Doing the flip side of a postcard - 12/30/2014 11:20:25 AM   
Aleida

When I preview my work before printing ...it shows 4 of whatever on page 2. When I am ready to print page two ..using range ...but do a preview first ...it shows only one.

(in reply to Aleida)
Post #: 18
RE: Doing the flip side of a postcard - 12/30/2014 12:16:42 PM   
ellengard

I am making unhappy sounds here! My print previews look fine, so I thought all was good, but you are right about page 2 not printing correctly! I've been trying other projects to see if page 2 will print correctly... and it does NOT.

I will report this bug to customer service.

However, I have a work-around. It's for getting two 6x4 cards on a sheet. It works when there is only ONE page, so I created a project called "spicecakefront" and a separate project called "spicecakeback". By printing one project, then printing the other one on the flip side of the card stock, everything came out fine.

I will post how to make the template after I make a screen capture.

(in reply to Aleida)
Post #: 19
RE: Doing the flip side of a postcard - 12/30/2014 12:38:25 PM   
ellengard

To make two identical 6x4 "cards" on one sheet of card stock, start with a new LABEL project. Enter the dimensions and gap data as shown in the screen capture. When you print, you will get two of the same "card" in the middle of the page.

Save your project.

Repeat this procedure to make a project for the back of the "cards".

Attachment (1)

(in reply to Aleida)
Post #: 20
Page:   [1] 2   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Product Forums] >> [Productivity Software] >> PrintMaster 6.0 (released 2013) >> Doing the flip side of a postcard Page: [1] 2   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Please Note: In order to post a message on the forums, you will need to become an Encore Forum Member. Click on the Register link on the top of this page and follow the instructions to become an Encore Forum Member.

If you are a new member and need help using these forums, please click on the FAQ link at the top of this page.

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4