Encore Forums Encore Forums

Knowledgebase  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

Printmaster 18 runtime error!

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Product Forums] >> [Productivity Software] >> PrintMaster 6.0 (released 2013) >> Printmaster 18 runtime error! Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Printmaster 18 runtime error! - 1/30/2015 12:34:35 PM   
imwende

Hi..I recently had a window open saying runtime error..it also says..this application has requested the runtime to terminate it in an unusual way..since i didn't know what the heck to do..i bought a new one..now it's doing the same thing..i also bought the download for 6v..it is awful..it's not as simple as 18..an i think it has it's own problems..i can't change the color on things..some of my printables are not in with all my photos..has anyone had the runtime error an fixed it..i already uninstalled the original an reinstalled to no success..an the brand new is now showing the runtime error..this all happens when i finish clicking what project i want to start..btw..the runtime error first happened as i was trying to import several images..any help would be more then Greatly appreciated.. Please keep in mind i am not at all tech savvy..not at all..sorry about that.!! Thanks to anyone who can help..if there's a number for support let me know..i can't find anyway to contact them to actually speak to someone to help me with this..
Post #: 1
RE: Printmaster 18 runtime error! - 1/30/2015 1:52:35 PM   
ellengard

You can submit a tech support ticket here:
http://support.encore.com/technicalsupport/tech_support_frm.aspx?product_id=2644

Just a thought: Another program running on your computer can affect other programs. In this case, you can shut down all other applications and then see if your software still has a runtime error.

Malicious Virus or Ad Ware. They are not the leading cause of a runtime error, but can still lead to one. Run a virus scan.

(in reply to imwende)
Post #: 2
RE: Printmaster 18 runtime error! - 1/31/2015 10:06:34 AM   
imwende

Hi........Thanks..I have been watching some you tube videos but the reply I got to the CMD..was the boot configuration data store could not be opened..access was denied..even tho I did as an admin..the runtime pop up message happened while importing photos to printmaster from my own photos..it never happens otherwise..an i even wondered if it would happen with the new disc..sadly it did..i find 18 so much easier to use then 6v..an my 6v seems to have some problems..it's so frustrating using it..i decided to get 18 again..looks like maybe i didn't need to buy another one..I just need to figure out how to get the runtime problem fixed..Thanks again for a quick response..it's Greatly appreciated..Ii use this for my biz an I really need to get it straightened out...

(in reply to ellengard)
Post #: 3
RE: Printmaster 18 runtime error! - 1/31/2015 12:37:24 PM   
ellengard

quote:

ORIGINAL: imwende
..the runtime pop up message happened while importing photos to printmaster from my own photos..it never happens otherwise...

How are you importing your photos? If we can avoid that particular method, you can get around that runtime error.

(in reply to imwende)
Post #: 4
RE: Printmaster 18 runtime error! - 1/31/2015 2:00:31 PM   
imwende

I use the import right in the program..when you start a new project an open the photos to pick one you can then import new ones..i was actually importing several when it crashed an the runtime error popped up..

(in reply to ellengard)
Post #: 5
RE: Printmaster 18 runtime error! - 1/31/2015 2:36:19 PM   
ellengard

Try this instead:

Open a project. To add one of your own photos, File> Open from Disk... browse to where your photo is stored. Select the photo.

Avoid mass importing of photos.

I am assuming that this is a conversation about PM18 (even though you are not in the PM18 forum. If you want to talk about how to use v6.0, please start a new thread.) If tech support cannot tell you how to fix the runtime error, all you can do is avoid the action that makes it occur.

< Message edited by ellengard -- 1/31/2015 2:41:29 PM >

(in reply to imwende)
Post #: 6
RE: Printmaster 18 runtime error! - 1/31/2015 5:11:45 PM   
imwende

yes this is PM18...the problem is when i finish picking the project i want to make that's when the error shows up..so i can't proceed from there to do anything..do you think the disc for 6v would be the same as the download from them..when i look for photos to use not all of mine are there when i'm using 6v..i use printables to make my graphics..an if they're not there it's not much good to me..i tried to change the color of a border an it acted like to was doing it..but the border was still black..that version seems so complicated to me..i was wondering if i refresh my laptop would that maybe stop the error..i thought about setting the date back to before it happened but i can't figure that out now..seems like when technology is updated or upgraded there are so many more steps to get to the end..i sure do appreciate your help.!!

(in reply to ellengard)
Post #: 7
RE: Printmaster 18 runtime error! - 1/31/2015 5:51:05 PM   
ellengard

quote:

...the problem is when i finish picking the project i want to make that's when the error shows up..so i can't proceed from there to do anything..

Earlier you said the error only happens when you start importing photos. Now you're saying it happens as soon as you choose a project? In that case, I have no workaround for you.

quote:

do you think the disc for 6v would be the same as the download from them..

This is a different subject. Please start a new thread.

(in reply to imwende)
Post #: 8
RE: Printmaster 18 runtime error! - 1/31/2015 5:57:25 PM   
imwende

the error happened while importing the photos..now it won't let me go far enough to use printmaster....do you think it will stay if i refresh my laptop..or if i go as far as to go back the the factory settings.? Thanks for trying.

(in reply to ellengard)
Post #: 9
RE: Printmaster 18 runtime error! - 1/31/2015 6:31:15 PM   
ellengard

I am not a computer tech person. Did you submit a tech support ticket?. If I were having the same problems you are describing, I get my computer guy on it. He's my go-to whenever I can't "fix" things with doing as complete a computer clean-up as I can. i.e. Complete uninstall of the problem program, disk clean-up, registry cleaner, virus/malware scan, disk defrag, disk check.

After I've cleaned up my computer, I disable firewalls and anti-virus so that I can do a clean re-install of my program.

(in reply to imwende)
Post #: 10
RE: Printmaster 18 runtime error! - 1/31/2015 6:34:51 PM   
imwende

OK Thanks..I can't afford to have something else happen because I was messing with it..Thanks again.!

(in reply to ellengard)
Post #: 11
RE: Printmaster 18 runtime error! - 1/31/2015 10:11:00 PM   
JasonC

I did a little bit of research and I saw this article: http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_7-windows_programs/runtime-error-program-cprogram-files/f2775224-937f-4eb6-9769-cedf9b5f8b42

Please keep in mind the original Print Master 18 was not designed for Windows 7 or Windows 8 (18.1 corrects the incompatibility in Windows 7)

And in the case of Windows 8.1 running Print Master 18.1 you do so at your own risk. Scenarios we would not be able to support through our online system.

If V6 is giving you issues, that's something we support on all operating systems and you can submit a trouble ticket or you can even call us on the phone for assistance. We are closed on the weekends but open up at 8am CST Monday through Friday.

< Message edited by TMLFAN4LIFE -- 1/31/2015 10:12:02 PM >

Jason Carver
Encore Sales Department and Customer Service
www.encore.com
For Tech Support, visit http://support.encore.com

(in reply to imwende)
Post #: 12
RE: Printmaster 18 runtime error! - 2/1/2015 9:11:02 AM   
imwende

Hi.....Thanks I'll look at the link..strange thing happened when i ran it after refreshing my laptop it said i was missing something..can't remember what now..i just googled it an found where i could download it an it was fine after that..it loaded fine the first time i bought it..not sure what happened after the refresh..i didn't see a phone number to call about problems..i will look again..i will also fill out the form ellengard shared with me...do you know if the disc for 6v will most likely have the same issues i'm having with the download..i can always get use to how it works..but if it doesn't give me all my photos to pick from it isn't going to work for me..an also about the color not changing..i think i was doing it right..it showed the border i wanted to change an when it hit 100% the border was still black.?? 18 is just so much easier to use..well to me it is.

(in reply to JasonC)
Post #: 13
RE: Printmaster 18 runtime error! - 2/1/2015 9:22:46 AM   
imwende

i looked at the article..an i do have 05..08 an 10 of Visual C++ Redistributable Package..do you think if i did a refresh that would help..i also thought that maybe setting it back to a date before it happened could work too.?

(in reply to imwende)
Post #: 14
RE: Printmaster 18 runtime error! - 2/1/2015 9:40:26 AM   
ellengard

quote:

..do you think if i did a refresh that would help..i also thought that maybe setting it back to a date before it happened could work too.?

"Refresh" won't do anything - you mean reformat your hard drive? Both reformat and restore point are pretty drastic and shouldn't be considered before doing simple computer cleanup utilities which are supposed to be done monthly anyway.

Since this thread is about PM18 and your runtime error, any questions you have about using PM6.0 will have to be started in a new thread, please. Click the NewPost button:
http://forums.encoreusa.com/tt.asp?forumid=284

(in reply to imwende)
Post #: 15
RE: Printmaster 18 runtime error! - 2/1/2015 10:04:44 AM   
imwende

ok Thanks...I will start one about PM6.0...it's looking like i might as well get use to using it..

(in reply to ellengard)
Post #: 16
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Product Forums] >> [Productivity Software] >> PrintMaster 6.0 (released 2013) >> Printmaster 18 runtime error! Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Please Note: In order to post a message on the forums, you will need to become an Encore Forum Member. Click on the Register link on the top of this page and follow the instructions to become an Encore Forum Member.

If you are a new member and need help using these forums, please click on the FAQ link at the top of this page.

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4