Encore Forums Encore Forums

Knowledgebase  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

Disappearing Shapes

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Product Forums] >> [Productivity Software] >> The Print Shop 3.5 >> Disappearing Shapes Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Disappearing Shapes - 2/4/2015 12:15:39 PM   
ybnormal1

So I create Quilts using this software. I create shapes and add photos to the shapes (36 of them). I save my work, close the program and when I open them back up they are missing some of the shapes. It has happened to 20 of my projects and only 1 has all of the shapes. I shut down computer, uninstalled and reinstalled the program with the same results. Any idea?
Thank You!!!
Post #: 1
RE: Disappearing Shapes - 2/4/2015 1:06:22 PM   
ellengard

quote:

ORIGINAL: ybnormal1
So I create Quilts using this software. I create shapes and add photos to the shapes (36 of them)

How big is your project? The size of an actual quilt? Are you printing onto transfer paper? I suspect your project is too massive to edit and save, but if I know more about what you are attempting to do, I can give you advice on how to break up the project into manageable pieces.

(in reply to ybnormal1)
Post #: 2
RE: Disappearing Shapes - 2/4/2015 1:26:01 PM   
ybnormal1

The finished quilt jpeg size is 1.75MB for the one that works. The others that have missing pieces are over 3.14MB. I am creating them on a 17" x 17" paper size.
Thank You for Your Time!!!

(in reply to ellengard)
Post #: 3
RE: Disappearing Shapes - 2/4/2015 1:42:43 PM   
DH

Would it be possible for you to include a JPEG image of your finished project? I have addressed this concern with our QA team and their response was a request for the JPEG of the finished project.

(in reply to ybnormal1)
Post #: 4
RE: Disappearing Shapes - 2/4/2015 2:06:20 PM   
ellengard

quote:

ORIGINAL: ybnormal1
... I am creating them on a 17" x 17" paper size.

That is a manageable size. This means each photo is about 2.8"x2.8", six rows and six columns, right?

I think I know what is causing your problem. You are bringing in 36 high res photos, creating a project file size that is unmanageable. If you resample your photos BEFORE you bring them into Print Shop, this will greatly reduce the project file size (NOT to be confused with the JPG size).

You can use Windows Live Photo Gallery to crop and resample your photos. Make them about 900 pixels wide. That will give you at least 300 dpi for the new copies that you will use in Print Shop.

(in reply to ybnormal1)
Post #: 5
RE: Disappearing Shapes - 2/4/2015 3:34:04 PM   
ybnormal1

I am going to try to resample the photos like you suggested. I will let you know how it goes. This makes sense. I can't upload a jpeg here as the file is too BIG HA! I can send you the website address but wasn't sure if that was allowed.
Again Thank You for Your Time!!! So Appreciate You!

(in reply to ellengard)
Post #: 6
RE: Disappearing Shapes - 2/4/2015 3:55:19 PM   
ellengard

You can resample your JPG to be within the 200KB limit for uploading to this forum.

With today's digital cameras and smart phones, photos are easily 2MB file size. So putting 36 photos into one project makes that project at least 72MB. I'm impressed that your computer didn't freeze up!

Your quilt project sounds quite interesting. Do you print onto 17" x 17" transfer paper and iron onto fabric?

What is the website address you mentioned? If it helps explain what you are making, it's OK to post it here.

(in reply to ybnormal1)
Post #: 7
RE: Disappearing Shapes - 2/4/2015 4:05:28 PM   
ybnormal1

I can only resize to 410KB which is still too large to upload here. My website with the Quilts is www.zazzle.com/quiltwithme I don't do any printing as I only design the items and Zazzle does everything else. :) I am in the process of deleting ALL of my Images in TPS 3.5... didn't realize How many I had in there, which I am sure is causing an issue too as it Crashed 2x so far.
& again... Thank You!!! :)

(in reply to ellengard)
Post #: 8
RE: Disappearing Shapes - 2/4/2015 4:28:53 PM   
ellengard

Oh, I see! You make the cool quilt designs and Zazzle produces fabrics, mugs, hats, bags... with your designs.

If you open your JPG and take a screen capture, you can probably upload the screen capture JPG. Sometimes I crop the screen capture, just to be sure it'll be under 200KB.

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by ellengard -- 2/4/2015 4:32:58 PM >

(in reply to ybnormal1)
Post #: 9
RE: Disappearing Shapes - 2/4/2015 4:35:09 PM   
ybnormal1

OK... Now you are talking a little Greek for me... ;) So much Info! Thanks!!!

(in reply to ellengard)
Post #: 10
RE: Disappearing Shapes - 2/4/2015 5:06:09 PM   
ellengard

A screen capture is a picture of whatever is currently displayed on your screen. Just press the key marked, "PrtScn". That copies the screen. Open MS Paint and paste. You get a graphic of the screen. Save it as a JPG. I like to crop it first, to remove parts I don't need.

That's what I did when I went to your website, so I could make that graphic.

(in reply to ybnormal1)
Post #: 11
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Product Forums] >> [Productivity Software] >> The Print Shop 3.5 >> Disappearing Shapes Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Please Note: In order to post a message on the forums, you will need to become an Encore Forum Member. Click on the Register link on the top of this page and follow the instructions to become an Encore Forum Member.

If you are a new member and need help using these forums, please click on the FAQ link at the top of this page.

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4