Encore Forums Encore Forums

Knowledgebase  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

browsing photos

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Product Forums] >> [Productivity Software] >> PrintMaster 6.0 (released 2013) >> browsing photos Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
browsing photos - 2/4/2015 9:28:11 AM   
imwende

Hi.....i was wondering if there is a way to open that to a full page like it you could with 18..*sigh*..i so miss 18..i started my first project the middle of Jan..i had a message..error loading pic...it loaded an i'm still getting that message after clicking cancel..an i'm not trying to load that pic either..is this how you change the color of things..i have borders i want to change..i click recolor an the border shows up an i click a color..then it shows how much % is finished..then when it gets to 100% the window closes and the border is still black.? am i doing something wrong..........Thanks
Post #: 1
RE: browsing photos - 2/4/2015 11:06:28 AM   
ellengard

quote:

ORIGINAL: imwende
..i click recolor ... and the border is still black.?

An all black graphic is not affected by the Recolor filter. Choose a different photo that has some color and you will see how the Recolor works.

As a workaround for your black graphic, open it in MS Paint and use the paint can to "dump" new color onto the black area.

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by ellengard -- 2/4/2015 11:09:32 AM >

(in reply to imwende)
Post #: 2
RE: browsing photos - 2/4/2015 3:47:46 PM   
imwende

Thanks...do you know if there is a way to open the photos to view like 18 is..i have over 3000 and am adding more every day..searching them 2 by 2 takes forever..and when i find one an click for the list when browsing it does nothing..an some pix aren't even there at all..do you know why that may be..i'll check out that paint can too..i thought what you showed me with the tulip photo would be the..photo effect......Thanks again for all your help.!

(in reply to ellengard)
Post #: 3
RE: browsing photos - 2/4/2015 6:19:10 PM   
ellengard

If you want all your photos to appear in one place, such as a folder on your desktop, then you must go find all your photos via Windows Explorer and make copies of all of them and put them into that folder.

(in reply to imwende)
Post #: 4
RE: browsing photos - 2/5/2015 11:34:56 AM   
imwende

I decided to install the scrapbook program that came with 18..it worked fine when I first used it..I had started using it before loading 18..then realized 18 was actually what I wanted to use..now with the runtime error I loaded it back on..now it tells me..cannot find any device drivers when I try to open my own photos..I don't know what could of happened to those..all my photos would be in the margin ready to drag an drop..would you have an idea what ones I need..I'll install those..another stupid question...when you mentioned...opening the border in MS Paint and use the paint can to "dump" new color onto the black area...what did you mean by MS.? I actually like the way it changes the color of a color photo..just wish it worked like that with the borders...Thanks again.!!

(in reply to ellengard)
Post #: 5
RE: browsing photos - 2/5/2015 12:55:34 PM   
ellengard

quote:

PM18... with the runtime error I loaded it back on..now it tells me..cannot find any device drivers when I try to open my own photos... would you have an idea what ones I need...

That program works best on Win XP. Sorry, can't help you with your tech problems, only functionality questions about how to use the program features.

(in reply to imwende)
Post #: 6
RE: browsing photos - 2/5/2015 12:59:25 PM   
ellengard

quote:

...when you mentioned...opening the border in MS Paint and use the paint can to "dump" new color onto the black area...what did you mean by MS.?

Microsoft Paint. It comes with all Windows operating systems. You can find it in the Accessories folder from the Start button. I use it to make the screen captures that I post here.

(in reply to imwende)
Post #: 7
RE: browsing photos - 2/5/2015 8:48:02 PM   
imwende

I thought that's what you probably meant..I don't have the start button..another thing I dislike..the tiles..an now when you do a search..they give all these articles..I don't know how to find anything anymore..use to be what was in the computer is what you got in the search..seems the computer is following the cell phone into all things app..an all upgrades seem to be more time consuming then not..it's like going backwards to me..getting worse instead of better..maybe it's because I'm getting old..I'll see what I get doing a search..lately it's an article telling me what to do to find it on my laptop..instead of just opening it on my laptop..Thanks again

(in reply to ellengard)
Post #: 8
RE: browsing photos - 2/5/2015 9:10:13 PM   
ellengard

quote:

I don't have the start button... seems the computer is following the cell phone into all things app.

Oh, you have Win 8? You never mentioned that. One of the moderators here has Win 8. He can help.

(in reply to imwende)
Post #: 9
RE: browsing photos - 2/5/2015 9:15:42 PM   
JasonC

quote:

I thought that's what you probably meant..I don't have the start button..another thing I dislike..the tiles..an now when you do a search..they give all these articles..I don't know how to find anything anymore..use to be what was in the computer is what you got in the search..seems the computer is following the cell phone into all things app..an all upgrades seem to be more time consuming then not..it's like going backwards to me..getting worse instead of better..maybe it's because I'm getting old..I'll see what I get doing a search..lately it's an article telling me what to do to find it on my laptop..instead of just opening it on my laptop..Thanks again

Paint is included in Microsoft Windows 8.1 but you need to do something extra to get to it. On the menu where your start tiles is, type in the word "Paint" When the search results appear, you will want to right click the icon that looks like the icon for MS Paint and then select Pin to Task Bar. Then go back to the desktop by clicking on the desktop tile and you will see your MS Paint Icon on the taskbar for easy use on the desktop.

-edit-

You had mentioned you had Windows 8 but perhaps not 8.1
Windows 8 does not have a start button. That would be the Windows key to switch between the desktop and the live tile menu.

< Message edited by TMLFAN4LIFE -- 2/5/2015 9:18:32 PM >

Jason Carver
Encore Sales Department and Customer Service
www.encore.com
For Tech Support, visit http://support.encore.com

(in reply to imwende)
Post #: 10
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Product Forums] >> [Productivity Software] >> PrintMaster 6.0 (released 2013) >> browsing photos Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Please Note: In order to post a message on the forums, you will need to become an Encore Forum Member. Click on the Register link on the top of this page and follow the instructions to become an Encore Forum Member.

If you are a new member and need help using these forums, please click on the FAQ link at the top of this page.

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4