Encore Forums Encore Forums

Knowledgebase  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

Default paths for pictures

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Product Forums] >> [Productivity Software] >> [Calendar Creator] >> CC General Functionality >> Default paths for pictures Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Default paths for pictures - 7/11/2015 6:07:31 PM   
jbs

I recently installed CC7 on windows 7 and it works well so far, except for one problem not related to the operating system. When I originally used CC7 I had the artwork on drive D, but changed it to drive J when
I reloaded my files from an XP system. I changed the default path in preferences, but I think that only is where it goes for new art. I can change the links individually, but would like to know if there's a way to do
a mass change from D to J?
Post #: 1
RE: Default paths for pictures - 7/12/2015 3:57:58 AM   
Kirsten

The quick answer to your question is "NO".

As to where you said, "I changed the default path in preferences, but I think that only is where it goes for new art," the CC7 default path preferences were intended to be used to point the program to the files which were installed by the program. Since CC7 was originally designed for Windows® 95, 98 or Windows NT® 4.0 or higher, nothing is accomplished by changing the default path preferences on the newer Operating Systems.

With most newer versions of Calendar Creator, the first time Calendar Creator is started after the installation, it will look for artwork in the My Documents folder. If it sees any artwork in any subfolder of the My Documents folder, it will ask the user whether or not the artwork should be imported into the Art Gallery. CC7 does not offer that option.

With CC7, it is possible to manually import all of your artwork into the Art Gallery by selecting Add | Picture (to open the Art Gallery), then selecting File | Import in the Art Gallery File menu. After navigating to the location of the artwork, click once on the first image to be imported, scroll to the last image to be imported, press & hold the SHIFT key, then click on the last image to be imported. When you see that all images have been selected, click on Import. Images can be imported from only one folder at a time. So, if your artwork is stored in multiple folders, the process will need to be repeated for each folder.

Alternatively, when you open the Art Gallery then click on File | Open From Disk in the File menu, you can quickly navigate to any drive or folder on your computer, then select the desired image. Unfortunately, the last folder that was accessed for the File | Open From Disk process is not saved. So, the File | Open From Disk process will always default to the C:\Program Files (x86)\Calendar Creator 7.0\AGB\USER001\ART - as was the default in the earlier Operating Systems.

As a matter of fact, the default Art folder is where information is stored for any images which are imported into the Art Gallery. So, if any of the information in the Art folder ever becomes corrupt, it is usually necessary to rebuild the Art Gallery, as is described here

http://forums.encoreusa.com/tm.asp?m=36838

(in reply to jbs)
Post #: 2
RE: Default paths for pictures - 7/12/2015 4:47:35 AM   
Kirsten

On further reflection, I realized that the problem you are experiencing might be related to the fact that when the CC7 File | Open From Disk option is used, the image is not saved in the document by default. Instead, as you are undoubtedly aware, the only time the image will be saved in the document is when 'save copy of file in document' is selected. If that is truly your problem, the obvious solution would be to change the J drive back to D. Other than that, I am not aware of any other solution.

(in reply to Kirsten)
Post #: 3
RE: Default paths for pictures - 7/12/2015 2:18:46 PM   
jbs

Thanks for your reply. Like you said in the second post, Changing drive J back to D would work. I was just hoping I could edit the calendar file that contained the link to the picture. The original calendar files had a link to the artwork. It looks like I'll just have to change them as if I put in a new piece of art.

(in reply to Kirsten)
Post #: 4
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Product Forums] >> [Productivity Software] >> [Calendar Creator] >> CC General Functionality >> Default paths for pictures Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Please Note: In order to post a message on the forums, you will need to become an Encore Forum Member. Click on the Register link on the top of this page and follow the instructions to become an Encore Forum Member.

If you are a new member and need help using these forums, please click on the FAQ link at the top of this page.

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4