Encore Forums Encore Forums

Knowledgebase  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

Avery Templates

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Product Forums] >> [Productivity Software] >> The Print Shop 3.5 >> Avery Templates Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Avery Templates - 10/16/2015 11:12:41 AM   
officeanddeli

When i bought and downloaded The print shop professional 3.5, it didn't came with avery templates, such as 5160, 5161, 5163, etc. and i am being obligated to fill all the characteristics of those templates to create them, and it is very hard to find the specifications. I've already phoned avery, and even them do not have the information needed.

Is there any way to download the templates instead of creating them?
Post #: 1
RE: Avery Templates - 10/16/2015 4:02:10 PM   
ellengard

quote:

ORIGINAL: officeanddeli
... it is very hard to find the specifications. I've already phoned avery, and even them do not have the information needed.

Is there any way to download the templates instead of creating them?

I have googled for Avery specs with very little success. I can always find label dimensions and number of labels/sheet, but never margins and gaps. The only templates I know of come from Avery, but they are for MS Word and they are not designed for mail merging. On these templates, you have to fill in each label separately.

I have downloaded these templates just for the purpose of figuring out the margins and gaps, so that I can create the custom paper stock in Print Shop. I use the same labels most of the time, but it sounds like you use a wide variety. Unfortunately, there are no additional Print Shop Avery templates to download.

(in reply to officeanddeli)
Post #: 2
RE: Avery Templates - 10/19/2015 11:06:46 AM   
officeanddeli

Older versions came with avery templates pre-installed, why this version doesn't have them?

If Broderbund included them once, why not include them in this version?

I asked for support and they gave me this blog. I hope they have an answer, because i bought it with the belief that came with the templates ready, because of my experience with older versions. Now, i am in a big trouble because i need them to work.

Please help.

(in reply to ellengard)
Post #: 3
RE: Avery Templates - 10/19/2015 1:01:18 PM   
ellengard

quote:

Older versions came with avery templates pre-installed, why this version doesn't have them?

That was the decision made at Encore. I wouldn't know why - I am not employed by Encore. The Print Shop 3.5 is capable of creating templates for all Avery labels. If you need help finding or calculating the numbers to input to the Custom Paper Stock creator, give me a couple of Avery stock numbers and I will go to Avery and download a couple of their Word templates.

Post #: 4
RE: Avery Templates - 10/21/2015 11:46:07 AM   
officeanddeli

Hi Ellengard,

Thank you for your help.

The templates i usually use are 8162, 5160, 5161, 5163 and 5167.

I really appreciate the help you are giving me.

Regards.

(in reply to ellengard)
Post #: 5
RE: Avery Templates - 10/21/2015 9:30:31 PM   
ellengard

Avery 5160 comes with the program. For the others, it took me about an hour to download the Word templates from Avery.com and examine them to measure and calculate the numbers to input to the Custom Paper Stock Maker, then to make screen captures.

I have uploaded the screen captures to my blog:
http://ellengard.weebly.com/blog

Hope this helps you out.

Post #: 6
RE: Avery Templates - 11/1/2015 2:48:50 PM   
officeanddeli

Dear ellengard,

Thank you for your help.

It helped me a lot.

Regards.

(in reply to ellengard)
Post #: 7
RE: Avery Templates - 11/1/2015 4:06:10 PM   
ellengard

quote:

Thank you for your help. It helped me a lot.

You're very welcome!

Post #: 8
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Product Forums] >> [Productivity Software] >> The Print Shop 3.5 >> Avery Templates Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Please Note: In order to post a message on the forums, you will need to become an Encore Forum Member. Click on the Register link on the top of this page and follow the instructions to become an Encore Forum Member.

If you are a new member and need help using these forums, please click on the FAQ link at the top of this page.

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4