Encore Forums Encore Forums

Knowledgebase  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

TPS 4.0 Spellchecker

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Product Forums] >> [Productivity Software] >> The Print Shop 4.0 >> TPS 4.0 Spellchecker Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
TPS 4.0 Spellchecker - 10/19/2015 5:30:30 PM   
khowe

The Print Shop 4.0 spellchecker underlines the word. Right click has nothing to do with spelling. Is this a know problem?
Post #: 1
RE: TPS 4.0 Spellchecker - 10/19/2015 6:42:54 PM   
ellengard

If the spellchecker is identifying misspelled words, then the program is working correctly. "Right click has nothing to do with spelling." That's correct. There's no reason why right click should be associated with spelling.

Were you expecting auto-correct like in smart phone texting?

(in reply to khowe)
Post #: 2
RE: TPS 4.0 Spellchecker - 10/19/2015 11:37:17 PM   
joel35640

Spell checker underlines misspelled but does not correct them. Right click doesn't do it either.

(in reply to khowe)
Post #: 3
RE: TPS 4.0 Spellchecker - 10/19/2015 11:38:42 PM   
joel35640

oops what do I do. ( funny spell checker works here but not in the text box)

(in reply to joel35640)
Post #: 4
RE: TPS 4.0 Spellchecker - 10/20/2015 12:12:56 AM   
ellengard

The Print Shop 4.0 will not correct your spelling. It identifies words not found in an American dictionary. Then it's up to you to change the spelling or leave it as is, if that is the intent. e.g. slang or foreign words.

(in reply to joel35640)
Post #: 5
RE: TPS 4.0 Spellchecker - 10/20/2015 9:14:53 AM   
khowe

The following is what is stated in The Print Shop 4.0 User Guide at http://printshop.com/user-guide/40/design-desk-tools/using-spell-check.aspx

Using Spell Check

Spell Check in The Print Shop happens automatically as you type. Words that you have misspelled in your text box will display with a Red Underline.

To see suggested spellings Right Click on the misspelled word then Left Click on a suggested correction.

The program will replace your misspelled word it with the correct one.

This is what is causing the confusion.

(in reply to ellengard)
Post #: 6
RE: TPS 4.0 Spellchecker - 10/20/2015 1:58:02 PM   
ellengard

quote:

ORIGINAL: khowe
,,, stated in The Print Shop 4.0 User Guide... Words that you have misspelled in your text box will display with a Red Underline. To see suggested spellings Right Click on the misspelled word then Left Click on a suggested correction.The program will replace your misspelled word it with the correct one.

This is what is causing the confusion.

Thank you for making this clear. I tried doing what that says and it doesn't work for me either. I will report this bug.

(in reply to khowe)
Post #: 7
RE: TPS 4.0 Spellchecker - 10/21/2015 5:55:50 PM   
joel35640

I returned Printshop Deluxe and purchase Printshop Professional. No spell checker in the text box area.
It does work in this message section. Odd! The Smile??? program did not load in either Deluxe or PRO.
I can't find any picture editor in either program. Just that Smile???. I will return the Professional program tomorrow.

(in reply to ellengard)
Post #: 8
RE: TPS 4.0 Spellchecker - 10/21/2015 6:51:07 PM   
ellengard

quote:

ORIGINAL: joel35640
... Printshop Professional. No spell checker in the text box area.

I am using Professional. As I said, the spell checker is showing me the misspelled word, but is not giving me suggested spellings. It is a bug which I have reported.

quote:

It does work in this message section.

Yes, there is a spell checker in this forum, but it has NOTHING to do with any program installed on your computer.

quote:

The Smile??? program did not load in either Deluxe or PRO

Are you referring to "Smilebox"? If clicking the icon doesn't launch Smilebox, you can just type smilebox.com into your browser's address bar. Same thing.

(in reply to joel35640)
Post #: 9
RE: TPS 4.0 Spellchecker - 10/21/2015 7:54:21 PM   
JasonC

quote:

ORIGINAL: ellengard

quote:

ORIGINAL: joel35640
... Printshop Professional. No spell checker in the text box area.

I am using Professional. As I said, the spell checker is showing me the misspelled word, but is not giving me suggested spellings. It is a bug which I have reported.

quote:

It does work in this message section.

Yes, there is a spell checker in this forum, but it has NOTHING to do with any program installed on your computer.

quote:

The Smile??? program did not load in either Deluxe or PRO

Are you referring to "Smilebox"? If clicking the icon doesn't launch Smilebox, you can just type smilebox.com into your browser's address bar. Same thing.

Yup our developers are looking at it :)

Jason Carver
Encore Sales Department and Customer Service
www.encore.com
For Tech Support, visit http://support.encore.com

(in reply to ellengard)
Post #: 10
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Product Forums] >> [Productivity Software] >> The Print Shop 4.0 >> TPS 4.0 Spellchecker Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Please Note: In order to post a message on the forums, you will need to become an Encore Forum Member. Click on the Register link on the top of this page and follow the instructions to become an Encore Forum Member.

If you are a new member and need help using these forums, please click on the FAQ link at the top of this page.

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4