Encore Forums Encore Forums

Knowledgebase  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

Calendar Creator

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Product Forums] >> [Productivity Software] >> [Calendar Creator] >> CC General Functionality >> Calendar Creator Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Calendar Creator - 11/13/2015 11:19:24 AM   
drconrad

Is there any way to make the event box smaller or move it to a different location?

What I would really like to do is save text every year to a date not a day, is that possible?
Post #: 1
RE: Calendar Creator - 11/13/2015 1:38:22 PM   
DEJenc3

The event box will increase in size if you increase the size of the text font. Right-click the event box, and you'll see the font and font size near the top of the pop-up box.

If by saving text every year, you can have an event occur on the same date every year by creating a repeating event. Right-click the event, and in the lower right look at Repeat Rule. From the drop-down box, choose every year. There are also advanced rules for more refinement or complexity if you need them.

David

(in reply to drconrad)
Post #: 2
RE: Calendar Creator - 11/20/2015 9:36:50 AM   
drconrad

I'm trying to save text every year on the same date. When I try do save to every year on same date it saves every year to the same day not date.

It works fine when I save an event every year to the same date.

(in reply to DEJenc3)
Post #: 3
RE: Calendar Creator - 11/20/2015 1:55:53 PM   
DEJenc3

Are you using CC 12?

Unless I'm misunderstanding, this is a simple repeat event. Example: create an event for today, November 20, 2015. Use the properties to change the event to repeat by selecting the drop-down arrow by Repeat Rule, and choose Every Year. Change the Repeat Until date to a date in a year in the future, for example 2020. Advance the calendar by one year and that event should appear on November 20, 2016, a Sunday.

If I'm misunderstanding what you want to do, please give a very specific example.

David

(in reply to drconrad)
Post #: 4
RE: Calendar Creator - 11/20/2015 4:11:29 PM   
Ettie

drconrad,

As you have indicated, an event will save every year to the same date.

Text, on the other hand (created by selecting Add | Text), will not save every year on the same date because text is designed to only save every year to the same day.

(in reply to DEJenc3)
Post #: 5
RE: Calendar Creator - 11/20/2015 4:35:59 PM   
Ettie

After I thought about my earlier post, I realized that I had misspoke. Text is not actually designed to repeat on the same day. Text is, instead, designed to repeat on the same position of the page. For example, if text is placed directly above the days of the week, it will always repeat in the same position above the days of the week.

(in reply to Ettie)
Post #: 6
RE: Calendar Creator - 10/24/2017 11:07:01 PM   
mmlynch1

I am trying to create a second calendar with no connection to the first. When I create the new calendar, the events from the previous calendar show on the new one?

(in reply to drconrad)
Post #: 7
RE: Calendar Creator - 10/24/2017 11:13:22 PM   
JasonC

quote:

ORIGINAL: mmlynch1

I am trying to create a second calendar with no connection to the first. When I create the new calendar, the events from the previous calendar show on the new one?

Unless you create groups of events, the only way to turn them off in the new Calendar Creator is to totally delete them from your event list. One work around is to create a separate group for each event.

Then if you double click on the month and year in the Calendar, you will get a Misc tab that allows you to toggle those groups. Tedious I know but that's the only way I know to work around the 2016 release of it.

Jason Carver
Encore Sales Department and Customer Service
www.encore.com
For Tech Support, visit http://support.encore.com

(in reply to mmlynch1)
Post #: 8
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Product Forums] >> [Productivity Software] >> [Calendar Creator] >> CC General Functionality >> Calendar Creator Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Please Note: In order to post a message on the forums, you will need to become an Encore Forum Member. Click on the Register link on the top of this page and follow the instructions to become an Encore Forum Member.

If you are a new member and need help using these forums, please click on the FAQ link at the top of this page.

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4