Encore Forums Encore Forums

Knowledgebase  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

Calendar Creator v.9 non-functional

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Product Forums] >> [Productivity Software] >> [Calendar Creator] >> CC General Functionality >> Calendar Creator v.9 non-functional Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Calendar Creator v.9 non-functional - 4/26/2016 10:47:56 AM   
cfwh7

any error messages
My CC v.9 stopped working. It won't load, accept input or show any error messages and it can't be deleted! What's my next step?

cfwh7
Post #: 1
RE: Calendar Creator v.9 non-functional - 4/26/2016 12:21:30 PM   
JasonC

What operating system are you running? Do you have the disk for the older version?

Jason Carver
Encore Sales Department and Customer Service
www.encore.com
For Tech Support, visit http://support.encore.com

(in reply to cfwh7)
Post #: 2
RE: Calendar Creator v.9 non-functional - 4/26/2016 3:51:39 PM   
FixitMAD

Sometimes within Windows programs do not "load up" properly. Are you indicating that when you double-click the CC icon nothing happens? If so, go to your Task Manager and look under the Processes tab. Look for CC or Calendar that is running. Right click this entry under the Image Name Column and select End Process.

When was the last time CC worked?

(in reply to cfwh7)
Post #: 3
RE: Calendar Creator v.9 non-functional - 4/26/2016 4:18:36 PM   
DEJenc3

Good suggestions here. The first thing I recommend doing is to copy your calendar files to a safe location. These are normally *.bcc files stored in your documents folder, e.g.,
C:\Users\username\Documents\

When I have unexplained problems, they are sometimes resolved by shutting down the computer and restarting. Another option, provided you have the original disc, is to uninstall the program and reinstall it.

You can consider updating to the current version of Calendar Creator, which should allow you to use CC9 calendars you've created. I assume you'd still need to clean out the install of CC9 before a new CC12.1 installation, but that's better left to the tech people.

Please don't forget to answer the questions asked by the previous responders.

Beyond that, it may be necessary to contact Encore Technical Support.
http://support.encore.com/

David

(in reply to FixitMAD)
Post #: 4
RE: Calendar Creator v.9 non-functional - 4/27/2016 11:44:07 AM   
cfwh7

I'M using Win 7 & SP1 with Calendar Creator Deluxe v9 in my Samsung laptop for about 4 years w/o problems.
cfwh7

(in reply to JasonC)
Post #: 5
RE: Calendar Creator v.9 non-functional - 4/27/2016 11:59:59 AM   
JasonC

Calendar Creator 9 does not even appear in our list of products eligible for support so it's a very old program. If a program was working before and now it's not working, you may want to do a generic clean install as shown here: http://support.encore.com/customerservice/genericcleaninstall.aspx

You may wish to consult some of the threads on these forums though before removing your program as you want to backup the files that you've created in the program to prevent a loss of data.

Jason Carver
www.encore.com

(in reply to cfwh7)
Post #: 6
RE: Calendar Creator v.9 non-functional - 4/27/2016 12:08:00 PM   
cfwh7

CC last worked about a week ago. I opened the task manager and deleted CC from processes as you suggest---no change in results. The only thing displayed was an advisory for user account control which happens every time I open any program. It disappears when clicked, then reverts to a black screen

(in reply to FixitMAD)
Post #: 7
RE: Calendar Creator v.9 non-functional - 4/27/2016 1:01:44 PM   
JasonC

Do any other programs on your computer exhibit this behavior?

Jason Carver
www.encore.com

(in reply to cfwh7)
Post #: 8
RE: Calendar Creator v.9 non-functional - 4/27/2016 4:01:46 PM   
Kirsten

quote:

My CC v.9 stopped working. It won't load, accept input or show any error messages and it can't be deleted!

When a program cannot be automatically uninstalled by way of 'Add or Remove Programs' or 'Programs and Features', the only other option would be to perform a manual uninstall, as is described here

http://forums.encoreusa.com/tm.asp?m=27430&mpage=1&key=欦

(in reply to cfwh7)
Post #: 9
RE: Calendar Creator v.9 non-functional - 3/25/2018 1:49:05 PM   
bopete77

I am looking for assistance please. I have CC9.0 Deluxe and running Windows7. I would like to upgrade my OS, but CC9 will not be supported. I can download the latest CC, but I have no idea what my data files are, where they are on the harddrive, how to export or how to import. Needless to say, very basic computer knowledge. I have over 700 personal entries in the CC9 that I do not want to lose. Can someone please assist? Thank you.

(in reply to cfwh7)
Post #: 10
RE: Calendar Creator v.9 non-functional - 3/25/2018 9:30:46 PM   
DEJenc3

According to this technical note, Calendar Creator 9 used the .bcc file type:
http://support.encore.com/technicalsupport/kb.aspx?kb_id=1098&product_id=2685

In Windows 7, the calendar .bcc files would by default be stored to:
C:\Users\username\Documents\

In any case, you'll want to copy your .bcc files to another computer or external drives.

As long as Calendar Creator 9 is operating under Windows 7, you should export all your data, i.e., events, and contacts (if used), to .csv files. I haven't used CC9, and can't tell you the export process, but it should be accessible via the menu.

If by any chance you have Calendar Creator 12.1, it will run under current operating systems, and should be able to open a .bcc file using the instructions in the linked post above. The latest Calendar Creator release cannot open .bcc files, but should be able to import .csv exported data.

David

(in reply to bopete77)
Post #: 11
RE: Calendar Creator v.9 non-functional - 3/26/2018 12:20:37 PM   
ellengard

quote:

ORIGINAL: bopete77
... have over 700 personal entries in the CC9 that I do not want to lose.

What David said - especially about exporting to CSV- the universal format for importing to ANY other program that accepts that kind of data.

(in reply to bopete77)
Post #: 12
RE: Calendar Creator v.9 non-functional - 3/29/2018 8:51:00 AM   
bopete77

Thanks for the answers. I, now, may have the guts to delete CC9 and install the new version. Appreciate it very much.

(in reply to cfwh7)
Post #: 13
RE: Calendar Creator v.9 non-functional - 3/29/2018 2:01:27 PM   
DEJenc3

I don't think you'll need to uninstall Calendar Creator 9 in order to install the 2016 edition. They are entirely different programs, and shouldn't conflict.

David

(in reply to bopete77)
Post #: 14
RE: Calendar Creator v.9 non-functional - 3/29/2018 2:52:11 PM   
JasonC

That's correct, this program is totally different than the other one so it won't use each others files.

Jason Carver
www.encore.com

(in reply to DEJenc3)
Post #: 15
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Product Forums] >> [Productivity Software] >> [Calendar Creator] >> CC General Functionality >> Calendar Creator v.9 non-functional Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Please Note: In order to post a message on the forums, you will need to become an Encore Forum Member. Click on the Register link on the top of this page and follow the instructions to become an Encore Forum Member.

If you are a new member and need help using these forums, please click on the FAQ link at the top of this page.

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4