Encore Forums Encore Forums

Knowledgebase  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

Error when opening software

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Product Forums] >> [Productivity Software] >> [Calendar Creator] >> CC General Functionality >> Error when opening software Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Error when opening software - 5/19/2016 2:34:27 PM   
jonathanc

Hello,

I have a computer running Windows 7 Pro 64bit and Calendar Creator 12. When trying to open the software, it gives an error at the splash screen that says something along the lines of 'you can't open a database created with an earlier version'. The splash screen and error only last a second, then close. The process for Creator.exe then hangs in memory and has to be killed with Task Manager. The software was working at one point, and it isn't even pointing to a calendar. Other computers have this installed without any issues, just this one computer.

What has been tried:
-Run as admin
-Run in compatibility modes
-Install as admin
-Revo uninstalling
-Contacted support which pointed me here

It seems like when opening it is trying to point to some database that doesn't exist (the ones are on the network and other computers see it fine, but even when I have the laptop off the network it gives the same error) and since it is doing this, I cannot get the software to open at all.

What can I do to fix this?

Thank you
Post #: 1
RE: Error when opening software - 5/19/2016 2:47:26 PM   
JasonC

That database may be hidden in a file. See my screen capture for reference. You will need to enable hidden files to get to that location. Don't think Revo and any other uninstaller will pick this one up.

Try uninstalling, and also deleting the hidden file folders left behind.

Attachment (1)

Jason Carver
Encore Sales Department and Customer Service
www.encore.com
For Tech Support, visit http://support.encore.com

(in reply to jonathanc)
Post #: 2
RE: Error when opening software - 5/19/2016 3:36:59 PM   
JasonC

I almost forgot to mention that Networks are not supported by our products as the programs were designed to run on the local computer.

Jason Carver
Encore Sales Department and Customer Service
www.encore.com
For Tech Support, visit http://support.encore.com

(in reply to JasonC)
Post #: 3
RE: Error when opening software - 5/19/2016 3:47:57 PM   
FixitMAD

Hello,

Another option to try to make sure this has nothing to do with your network, or the way it is setup. Create a local folder under Libraries | Documents | Calendar Creator | 12.1 and Copy all of your .BCC files to this location.

From this Local location, double-click one of your more recent files to see if you get an error.

I also have CC 12.1 on a Windows 7 x64 system and it runs fine without me having to use any Compatibility settings.

Good Luck.

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by FixitMAD -- 5/19/2016 3:49:29 PM >

(in reply to jonathanc)
Post #: 4
RE: Error when opening software - 5/20/2016 7:46:05 AM   
jonathanc

I don't think at this point networks not being supported is an issue if that's the case, since I can't even launch the software post installation without getting the error and it crashing out. I can install it on other computers and it will open just fine, though. The AppData folder was also one of the things that was tried when I was talking to support and it didn't seem to work either.

I didn't try to copy the BCC files, so I will give that a shot once I can get back on the machine.

(in reply to FixitMAD)
Post #: 5
RE: Error when opening software - 5/20/2016 10:04:51 AM   
DEJenc3

This is beyond an area where I can help, but please review these two past posts in case there's something you haven't tried or would like to try:

http://forums.encoreusa.com/fb.asp?m=40601

http://forums.encoreusa.com/fb.asp?m=40536

David

(in reply to jonathanc)
Post #: 6
RE: Error when opening software - 5/25/2016 10:13:59 PM   
jonathanc

So I was able to try and run a BCC file directly on the computer itself, and I get an error that says "There was a problem sending the command to the program". Anything else that I can try?

(in reply to DEJenc3)
Post #: 7
RE: Error when opening software - 5/25/2016 11:06:36 PM   
DEJenc3

I believe this problem is beyond a solution by the contributors to this forum, and it may be necessary to contact Encore's Technical Support:
http://support.encore.com/

You can reference this forum's discussion:
http://forums.encoreusa.com/fb.asp?m=51640

If you find a solution, I hope you'll share it here.

David

(in reply to jonathanc)
Post #: 8
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Product Forums] >> [Productivity Software] >> [Calendar Creator] >> CC General Functionality >> Error when opening software Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Please Note: In order to post a message on the forums, you will need to become an Encore Forum Member. Click on the Register link on the top of this page and follow the instructions to become an Encore Forum Member.

If you are a new member and need help using these forums, please click on the FAQ link at the top of this page.

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4